Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
You seem to have trouble grasping my point. Allow me to rephrase.

1. Nobody really knows that Ciri is Emhyr's daughter.
2. When Geralt hid Ciri from the world, a double was set up to inherit her lands.
3. Emhyr officialy recognised that double as the real Ciri even though he knew very well this was not her.
4. Emhyr married that official 'Ciri', first out of political convenience, then geniuine affection developed.
Is she still alive? Just curious.

As of The Witcher 2, she was. The Nilfgaardian diplomat, Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen asked Emhyr in a letter to give the Empress his regards.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've had enough of Geralt, and fuck a game with Ciri as protag also, I'm already getting mad people sexualizing her, Geralt's/our daughter :P

Gimme a game whether prequel or sequel with a custom character, doesn't even have to be a witcher, it's universe is rich. I want to play a character like Cahir from the books.

But since they said a smaller game is in the works, I'm expecting a cash grab Ciri game.

Here's an idea - a prequel from the conjunction era, with classes - you can play as a higher vampire (might), witcher (mix) or sorceress (magic). Hoping for a party-based, turn-based RPG is nice but that's not gonna happen, Dragon Age was the last triple A party based RPG and watch the next one being single character too.

Quillon

Arcane
Here's an idea - a prequel from the conjunction era, with classes - you can play as a higher vampire (might), witcher (mix) or sorceress (magic). Hoping for a party-based, turn-based RPG is nice but that's not gonna happen, Dragon Age was the last triple A party based RPG and watch the next one being single character too.

If there'd be classes, it'd have to be a party based game which would only work if the story is a mandatory road trip like in the books since the likely classes like those you listed operate very differently when they are alone, even then there wasn't a sorcerer in Geralt's retinue in the books. Also I remember them saying they don't like constant companions from Witcher 3 hype days' interviews, they think its bad for the story.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
In other news, I am getting frequent BSOD crashes since restarting this game. I have never had that problem before, and been playing this game for years, with maybe a 6 month - year break since I last fired it up. Its not the EE mod cos I did a fresh vanilla install, still crashing. I see there was or is some issues with Nvidia drivers and Witcher 3 but I am running a Radeon, and having no problems with any other games.

Pretty frustrating as the EE mod is really good and I was quite excited to get back into it... :(

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
In other news, I am getting frequent BSOD crashes since restarting this game.

BSOD? In this day and age?

I have occasional back-to-desktop crashes, always after trying to access inventory, usually during a battle. No idea if it's mods or vanilla, testing would be extremely time consuming and it's not that frequent.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Even Ubisoft doesn't repeat the same characters over and over. I'm not taking about them not making another game in that world or whatever, I'm saying a 4th Geralt game would weaken and overdo the stuff you like about him. I mean, you're talking to someone who thinks Star Wars should have stopped at three movies and shit like that, so it is what it is. I know most disagree, which is why Star Wars 12 or whatever is like "we're bringing the emperor back form the dead!!!!" and fanboys are cumming all over their monitors. I've just never felt that way, I like endings and less is more. TW3 ended very well, especially with the DLC, and bringing him back would just weaken it. Make new shit.
I get your point, although I disagree with it. E.g. if CDP starts teasing return of the white haired bastard some four years after Cyberpunk, it will be like seeing an old friend again after years, I will definitely not consider it flogging or cashgrabbing, assuming CDP does a good job with the game and the story.
Star Wars I agree sucks right now, but it didn't have to. It could have been amazing but Disney hired shitty people to make it.
But anyway agree to disagree and all that.

Sykar

Arcane
But since they said a smaller game is in the works, I'm expecting a cash grab Ciri game.

100% its "The Adventures of Ciri".

Its a slam dunk = "Stronk independent whamyn".

How many games with "stronk indepaent womyn" games have been successful though? By and large most feminazis and Social Injustice Creampuffs play nothing more than Candy Crush and Sims.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
How many games with "stronk indepaent womyn" games have been successful though? By and large most feminazis and Social Injustice Creampuffs play nothing more than Candy Crush and Sims.

Sure but Ciri appeals to both crowds, the thirsty gamer boys along with some lip service to inclooosives, and it has easy connection to Geralt without the fear of doing brand new character. To be honest it would be best if they do get her done now with a "shorter" game, maybe open up space for something more interesting in Witcher 4?

Sykar

Arcane

Sure but Ciri appeals to both crowds, the thirsty gamer boys along with some lip service to inclooosives, and it has easy connection to Geralt without the fear of doing brand new character. To be honest it would be best if they do get her done now with a "shorter" game, maybe open up space for something more interesting in Witcher 4?

Thirsty boys sure, the other crowd I would not be so sure about to be honest. Just like few of those really do watch superhero movies even fewer are actually into playing computer games. Just look at Anita "Derp" Sarkeesian.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Wouldn't surprise me at all if we get a Ciri game someday, since they said Geralt was done but The Witcher was not. In that case I'd expect the Ciri witcher ending would be canon, assuming it happens.
I would actually much prefer a new Witcher game where Ciri is the Empress, some shit happens and Geralt (playable) with Yennefer go to Nilfgaard to help her. Shitload of politics, backstabbing and some monster/human killing + exploration of Nilfgaard. That would be my jam.
Even though the grizzled veteran coming out of retirement for one last job is a well known trope, I'd prefer Geralt not be disturbed. I appreciate the finality Blood & Wine offered, and feel protective of the character's earned happy ending. More characters in entertainment should go out on a high rather than being paraded around until interest fades.

Falksi

Arcane
I'd like to see the next Witcher games allow fpr character creation, and set on modern day Earth.

We get to see the conjunction of the spheres affect our world, and from that we get to see our own Witcher's born.

Killer cows, rabid frogs, crazed postmen etc. It'd be a nice departure from what we know, but with enough familiarity to keep us attached.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They don't have to make her slutty. Just give her(us) options*. We'll decide what's best for her!

*by options I mean both guys and girls to sleep with. Remember, the only canon romance she had was a lesbian one!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
*by options I mean both guys and girls to sleep with. Remember, the only canon romance she had was a lesbian one!
at the end of the last book she married King Arthur or whatever.

Nah. She just
decided to travel with young sir Galahad and visit Camelot. And while romancing him seemed like an open possibility, Sapkowski left it to our imagination.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
whats up with the fucking harisi spider boss thing in W3EE. I cant seem to figure out the strategy, im rolling in buffed up on swallow, full moon and golden oriole but it just doesnt seem to fucking help, poison kicks my ass if i play it safe and if i try to hurry i get decimated by its bullshit non telegraphing attacks.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
welp i beat it, it was the combination of swallow and g. oriole that was fucking me over, thanks for that brilliant idea bestiary! very cool!

now the dude fucks me over and gives me only 22 gold instead of the agreed upon 85. I wish the dialogue options in some of these cases were more clear, because if i knew one option was "give me my fucking money or I'll remove your head" thats the one i wouldve picked

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom