Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Witcher 3 mods

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Perkel, May 30, 2016.

1. SkiNNyBane Learned Patron

SkiNNyBane
    Parrots:
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Lambchop19

W3EE when I played you could essentially beat the whole game with starting gear and all gear basically did exact same damage. The only relevant thing about gear were additional features liek crit. Is it not the case now? Do items vary in damage significantly? Cause if not your full of shit and items don't matter nearly enough to justify exploration. Again if that was actually patched just say so already. Frankly I am tired of you dancing around this #1 problem.

Also I never got to expansions cause the game is too fucking boring with mods or without so fair enough about lvl 35 downer.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    ^ Top  
  2. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Parrots:
    Depends on what "basically did exact" means.

Swords are swords. They do similar (not the same) amounts of damage, but there are upgrades, status effects, critical effects etc. Some do more damage, some do less. There is plenty of incentive to upgrade, or even to keep a backup that does similar damage in case your sword breaks and you are out of repair kits. More incentive than vanilla, where I would rarely upgrade due to most items I received being junk.

The stats vary, yes. Significantly, yes. Not so much that you will be able to one shot an enemy with one and hack away at them like a redwood with the other (like in vanilla), but they vary.

But if that's not enough, why is a massive difference a better thing to you? Do weapons have to vary by hundreds of damage points? Is that more exciting to you? Is fun for you having almost all your stats be made irrelevant compared to a random item drop?

I grew up playing games where +3 meant a lot. Guess maybe that concept is foreign to you, but considering that join date, I should be surprised.
    ffs. did you even finish it? why are you even here?

itt I argue with a casual who wandered onto the codex.

^ Top  
  3. SkiNNyBane Learned Patron

SkiNNyBane
    Parrots:
    Basically you can't admit that the mod still have items scaled to level 90 and you can just wear witcher gear of some type all game. You've been dodging this problem endlessly and now that you finally tackled it your all "but what does damage REALLY mean." Jesus christ I am okay with you not giving a shit about itemization but ffs stop pretending it is not a massive problem for those who do.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Parrots:
    wat? again, there are no levels.
    You can do that in the base game.

Actually, you can play the base game naked. Armor is superfluous in vanilla.You just need quen. It's not that difficult. Quen, dodge, quen, dodge. Wew. How could I want anything different?
    I repeatedly answered your point on this. That's not dodging. You just don't like that you're wrong and don't want to actually read the mod description.
    No, I'm literally confused about your use of the words "basically exact" because 1) it isn't proper English, 2) the words have incompatible meanings and 3) they don't tell me what damage ranges would satisfy your likely console-addled tastes.

One of the main problems W3EE solves is TW3's itemization bloat. Most items were just useless junk and felt cheap. Itemization as it exists in TW3 vanilla is boring and stupid. If you like it, you simply have bad taste. And if you need items to vary by hundreds of damage points because "bigger numbers are kewl herp derp", you're too attached to gimmicky console RPG practices and are probably the very demographic behind the the dev team's reasoning for having broken their game to include them.

^ Top  
  5. SkiNNyBane Learned Patron

SkiNNyBane
    Parrots:
    The way the mod gives you "no levels" is by making everything level 90. I already explained. For the very least it makes all items lvl 90.

Yes this is a problem in vanilla game but this mod 1. does not fix it. 2. makes it even worse.

Ghost solves item issue much better since at every point gathering shit actually makes sense and exploration is once again relevant.

This is what I get for arguing with realismfags who dont have limit for capacity to put up with autism in games.

FFS attempting to insult my skill while playing witcher of all things. This is THE GAME for console addled tastes and your the one enjoying it not me. A little self awareness plz.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    Parrots:
    Hey I'm thinking of modding up my next attempt to finish TW3. Does anyone have any strong opinions on the W3:EE mod vs Ghost mod? I hear they basically the same thing.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. CrunchyHemorrhoids Liturgist

CrunchyHemorrhoids
    Parrots:
    EE uses Ghost's loot lists and friendly hud, that's about it.

If you've already played through the game you should know what you didn't like about the game and how it can be fixed according to your taste.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    ^ Top  
  8. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Parrots:
    Assuming you are right: So what? It changes the stats of every item and monster in the game. Everything being level 1 or level 50 is irrelevant. It's just another impression for you to make assumptions about and autistically cling to.

You wouldn't know, you've barely played it.
    In a linear game with arbitrarily leveled monsters. It's still broken by your own admission.
    The most autistic person itt is you. You've been arguing for two pages now, based on assumptions about a mod you've barely played.
    I never said it wasn't. I said it needed a redesign and complete overhaul, which W3EE does. You the one playing the mod that claims not to mess with that precious formula too much. Even though you yourself call the ghost mod version too boring to even finish the expansion packs. If anyone needs self awareness - and reading lessons - it's you, not me.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    ^ Top  
  9. PorkyThePaladin Arcane

PorkyThePaladin
    Parrots:
    The W3EE mod looks retarded. The guy demoing it on youtube says something like "Are you tired of rolling and spinning like a retard and want to fight like an actual Witcher?" Then, he proceeds to demo the mod, and it's even more rolling and spinning than vanilla.

Stuff like different range attacks basically let you bypass the good mechanics vanilla combat had, like parrying and shields, so if anything, it makes things worse.

A good mod would just make enemies parry and dodge all the time, forcing the player to counter/dodge first to get their attacks in.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. CarbonCarousel Literate

CarbonCarousel
    Parrots:
    Is there a low-spec mod that will really lower the specs and let me play on an Intel HD 4000?

• Despair Despair x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Parrots:
    I remember trying to get it to run on an older laptap that had, iirc, exactly this chipset and the game would always die shortly after I got to Novigrad.

^ Top  
  12. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Parrots:
    that said, I found two.

One is this:
    [​IMG]
    https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/247/?tab=posts
    But I'm not sure it works anymore.

Another option is this:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2195?tab=description
    [​IMG]

Either way, you are going to be playing a game that looks ridiculously out of date. About 5 years or more pre Witcher 1 graphics.

Looks like the guy who made it runs a system potentially worse than yours:
    Though at least he has a dedicated graphics card.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. CarbonCarousel Literate

CarbonCarousel
    Parrots:
    Thanks. I'm fine with running the game with shit graphics. I'll try to make it playable when I finish Deadfire.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Parrots:
    some guy also did a video of getting it to run on a Celron

:prosper:

^ Top  
  15. CarbonCarousel Literate

CarbonCarousel
    Parrots:
    An Intel Celeron processor? Well, I may just stand a fighting chance. Thanks for the help, dude.

^ Top  
  16. Multidirectional Arcane

Multidirectional
    Parrots:
    So, I am thinking of giving this game another run with Ghost Mode. Yet I also remember how fucking annoying combat music is. Does anyone know whether there is a working solution that would let me disable it while keeping exploration music on? I would rather not disable all music if possible.

^ Top  
  17. Toffeli Atomkrieg, ja bitte Patron

Toffeli
    Parrots:
    Wasteland 2
    I don't think that G1840 that's in the video isn't even that bad, if you have at least somewhat capable GPU from this decade, I mean I completed my first run of the W3 with a fricking Q6600 (and Radeon 7700) from the 2007. :D It ran suprisingly well, apart from Novigrad.

^ Top  
  18. I want to be Life Coach Grorious Reader Patron

I want to be Life Coach
    Parrots:
    Just turn off that hairworks crap.

^ Top  
  19. CrunchyHemorrhoids Liturgist

CrunchyHemorrhoids
    Parrots:
    Do you expect to die before you ever get access to a decent gpu? Much of the game's enjoyment comes from graphics whoring, it would be a waste to play it like that.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)