Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
The game is goty of all yeras, all the steam reviews with half an hour on record say so.

Half an hour is enough to see Yennefer's butt, so I guess that makes them experts.

Mortmal

Arcane
2 hours in, don't know if its goty yet, but its really good, its certainly best AAA game of the year.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
People who are saying it's good need to qualify their reviews saying whether or not they liked W2... so I know to disregard their opinions.

Mortmal

Arcane
People who are saying it's good need to qualify their reviews saying whether or not they liked W2... so I know to disregard their opinions.

If you don't like witcher 2, don't like assassin creed/skyrim kind of gameplay, what are you doing here ? You expect some sort of miracle ? At midnight the popamole will turn out to be a turn based tactical rpg , like in faery tales:!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Works perfectly fine on my old hardware (GT560+ I5 2500K) , except one thing and only one thing, the NVidia hairwork option. Really smooth and well over 30 fps all the time so far. Might not even need to upgrade.
Great to hear. I've got the same setup.

Thank god for that downgrade, eh?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

If you don't like witcher 2, don't like assassin creed/skyrim kind of gameplay, what are you doing here ?
It's like watching a traffic accident -- can't turn away.

Alfons

Prophet
its certainly best AAA game of the year.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
That's saying a lot. Especially when you consider what AAA means nowadays, the fact that it's May, and the fact that it hasn't been two years since the console change.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I really liked The Witcher 1 though the ending came off the rails for me. I also liked The Witcher 2 enough, though the ending was better in this game then TW1. Hated Dragon Age: Origins and other AAA CRPGs outside of this series.

So bros, as a fan of the previous two games, will I like this one?

Mortmal

Arcane
its certainly best AAA game of the year.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
That's saying a lot. Especially when you consider what AAA means nowadays, the fact that it's May, and the fact that it hasn't been two years since the console change.
The other AAA I remember playing was assassin creed unity, and dragon age inquisition, such high standard and such competition, ah well....As for bloodborn alas I don't know I am not forking 400 euros for a pS4 , nor on a graphic card for just for one game a year.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
ticxzy.jpg

Not bad... :prosper:

Really wish you could freely move the UI elements around, it's pretty fugly as is.

Mortmal

Arcane
Works perfectly fine on my old hardware (GT560+ I5 2500K) , except one thing and only one thing, the NVidia hairwork option. Really smooth and well over 30 fps all the time so far. Might not even need to upgrade.
Great to hear. I've got the same setup.

Thank god for that downgrade, eh?
I just added more options on to check gradually one by one, its really just the hairworki can put ssao on even . Thank god for the downgrade indeed.

Cromwell

Arcane
I really liked The Witcher 1 though the ending came off the rails for me. I also liked The Witcher 2 enough, though the ending was better in this game then TW1. Hated Dragon Age: Origins and other AAA CRPGs outside of this series.

So bros, as a fan of the previous two games, will I like this one?

Probably yes. I am entertained. Its bugged though. Could not call the horse on two occasions, the game just froze once, I noticed some graphic glitches. Inventory system is still shit, finding a potion is shitty, and I dont know what exactly to say about the difficulty. I am not very good at action games but I still had no problems in the few fights I did even on Blood and Broken bones difficulty but maybe it gets harder later since I am still in the first village and fucking around. So far I just rolled, sidestepped and hacked them down.

I have an I5 760 a gtx 970 and 6gb ram, have all settings on ultra with bloom blur depth of field and hairworks disabled at 1920x1080, I noticed no problems with frames but I also did not check how much fps I got. I dont know how it plays with mouse and keyboard I use a controller, maybe its better since you should be able to have hotkeys for the map and the inventory, it gets annoying to have to navigate this with a controller and noz have it on screen right away, especially when it omes to the map.

witcher sense use is a little annoying would have been great if they used another way instead of having to hold a button the whole time and crawl through the landscape with that fucking blurry effect. And of course if you are retarded they even help you out and give you not only quest markers but footsteps which show you the way to any given location on the minimap. You also ride automatically on roads if you dont steer and just hold the button, which is comfortable if you want to be fast but a retarded function.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Seems okay so far.
Runs like shit on my old rig.
But overall, not too disappointing.

pippin

I'm going to upgrade my pc for this. It's been a while as well. I want glorious Yen booty on full HD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom