Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Gentlemen, behold ULTRA detail TW3 with GTX 970

ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, anyone able to run this with 2.5 GHz i5?

Just sharing some tech info for those of you who, like me, are stuck with an obsolete piece of junk for a PC. The game runs on my machine, fairly well, at medium (Athlon 64 2.90Ghz, 8GB ram, nVidia GTX650). Now, I can sit back and wait for a patch or two to be released.

Make of that what you want.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
So the first user reviews are out on GOG:

Must Have by
48689112ea1e614b099a281ef23c76087e1a1a94bbdba2492dbd59b7ce1fa560_avm.jpg
PlayAlive
This game is fucking awesome !!!! Graphik= 9/10 Dialoges= 10/10 Story= 10/10good peace of work ! POLISH POWER

Gr8 by
417bc625a6cf0407d1ac6792690e29db0bc5ae2892409df09fede1ab62d0dc8c_avm.jpg
thehawk2323
I r8 8/8 no h8 Game of the year 2015 man

Are you Kidding me? by
39f88b7915e872d5123f9d16e3393f4eb99c6ed2cd2fcd7accf0254ea095000c_avm.jpg
SunMyung
Are you Kidding me?This is cheatkorea release is not 19, 21...Shit! CD project: "Korea? kkk. just Kiss my ass hall"

Skip Happy by
93ee3953c8cde42a96c52fb2a631c1907f4cb5caa482789091be9545770973c6_avm.jpg
MacGyvers_Mullet
They have a button prompt for skipping the launch videos and splash screens. 10/10

한글 어딨어!!!!!!!! by
ebba8608f5aa2ce8f898f4b16dfbec44476a886375d49a6a0b89a170ab12dea8_avm.jpg
megacopy
집나간 한글을 데려와라!!!!!!!

Korean language options were missing... by
f3d51f63f3a3ac710d93263dc37481294e26e4b66e830e5a445708ae99f3af9e_avm.jpg
tklee000
Korean language options were missing...Korean language options were missing...Korean language options were missing...Korean language options were missing...Korean language options were missing...Korean language options were missing...Korean language options were missing...Korean language options were missing...

WAIT ONE HOUR OR LESS MY A!@ by
85238c5442d71488fea1397151503e6ffda9cc4e82d7018bf558557f59628c80_avm.jpg
livioverlord
REALEASE THIS FUCKING GAME TO BRAZIL! G-ZUS F!@#$ C!41235!/quote]

What the hell by
41f26d1d1b064ec94750ceda5877465900e976ab21ab0cf7aaf1ba1978211cc9_avm.jpg
Rapikol
How to enable Polish dub?

WTF?! by
85238c5442d71488fea1397151503e6ffda9cc4e82d7018bf558557f59628c80_avm.jpg
FTL
where neverwinter nights diamond edition?

The Poo Hunter by
6f58b2d94524c83ecfdbe86769c6d944975e273b38f3b89979ea1e32dee4c754_avm.jpg
Switchbakt
i like poo but this is not poo so my hunt will continue for poo
Gentlemen, meet TW3 target audience.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Combat is... pretty fun so far, actually. It's not Dark Souls or Blade of Darkness, but it's not TW2 either. The mechanics aren't all that different from TW2, but the feel is much better and rolling isn't mandatory anymore. Geralt doesn't have to run around like a headless chicken anymore, you've got more control of your attacks and there are no more retarded finishing move cutscenes. I think Quen might be the least useful sign this time around, actually, while Axii (which can now stun people) and Yrden seem more useful than before. Maybe it's just early game and eventually you'll just end up spamming Igni again, I don't know. It does feel like the control scheme has been designed with a gamepad in mind, though, even more than TW2. Keyboard and mouse still work fine, it's just not very intuitive at first with the way parrying works, for instance.

Alchemy has apparently been raped, as Tawny Owl lasts for 30 seconds. No toxicity (at least to the extent that it would matter at all), no anything, it feels like like some useless "Restore Endurance" potion in every RPG ever. Why can't they just copy the TW1 system which didn't need fixing in the first place? At least alcohol is back, for what it's worth. I hope there's a chance to get totally shitfaced like in TW1.

I hate the map, cluttered with icons that apparenly show every "point of interest" in the game world (what's the point of exploring the rest of the map then?), as well as all quest givers when Geralt is somewhere in the vicinity. I really wish there was an option to turn some of this shit off.

Quests have been alright so far, but almost all of them have devolved into "use witcher sense to find clues, examine them and then follow the compass marker to finish the quest". It's nice that the game gives you more non-combat stuff to do, but I hope they don't reuse the same pattern for the whole game.

Pacing seems to be closer to TW1 than TW2, which is a very big plus. No more railroading from one cutscene to another, you're generally allowed to do stuff on your own.

From what I've seen so far, there's no reason why someone who liked the first two games wouldn't like this one.

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I hate the map, cluttered with icons that apparently show every "point of interest" in the game world (what's the point of exploring the rest of the map then?), as well as all quest givers when Geralt is somewhere in the vicinity. I really wish there was an option to turn some of this shit off.
Isn't there?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I hate the map, cluttered with icons that apparently show every "point of interest" in the game world (what's the point of exploring the rest of the map then?), as well as all quest givers when Geralt is somewhere in the vicinity. I really wish there was an option to turn some of this shit off.
Isn't there?
Actually, yeah, there are more options if you scroll down. So I take that back.

(Why does it only show like six options on the screen at a time when there's a ton of empty space below it?)

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Combat is... pretty fun so far, actually. It's not Dark Souls or Blade of Darkness, but it's not TW2 either. The mechanics aren't all that different from TW2, but the feel is much better and rolling isn't mandatory anymore.

Absolutely. After the first fight with the ghouls I actually rebound Dodge to Spacebar and Roll to Alt. Now I don't use roll at all, just dodging. Better and more effective.

Alchemy has apparently been raped, as Tawny Owl lasts for 30 seconds. No toxicity, no anything, it feels like like some useless "Restore Endurance" potion in every RPG ever. Why can't they just copy the TW1 system which didn't need fixing in the first place? At least alcohol is back, for what it's worth. I hope there's a chance to get totally shitfaced like in TW1.

I vastly prefer the new quaffing scheme, I hated the old one, what with the preparation and meditation and shit. Bleh. But yeah, no toxicity is stupid.

I hate the map, cluttered with icons that apparenly show every "point of interest" in the game world (what's the point of exploring the rest of the map then?)

This. OMG fucking this. This is consolitis far beyond the call of duty. Not even AssCreed had a pre-explored map. Jesus fucking wept.

Quests have been alright so far, but almost all of them have devolved into "use witcher sense to find clues, examine them and then follow the compass marker to finish the quest". It's nice that the game gives you more non-combat stuff to do, but I hope they don't reuse the same pattern for the whole game.

Oh yeah, I got tired of this shit after the first quest with the arsonist.

Perkel

Arcane
Will get boxed copy in like 2 hours. Excite. Last time when i bought boxed straight from shop was actually TW2.

Bombs and potions restore each time Geralt meditates. Kinda dumb.

I assume that they still require ingredients ?

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
This. OMG fucking this. This is consolitis far beyond the call of duty. Not even AssCreed had a pre-explored map. Jesus fucking wept.
OMG, check the fucking options morons, consolitis is in your mind, not the game.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Now I don't use roll at all, just dodging. Better and more effective.
I expect rolling will be useful against those monsters that explode when they die. Maybe it's why rolling wasn't entirely cut.

odrzut

Arcane
When the refill they don't need ingredients, only alcohol. Or were they lying again?

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
When the refill they don't need ingredients, only alcohol. Or were they lying again?
From what I heard you need to only once to prepare a potion, then it will refill on its own after meditation, if you have alcohol and the right ingredients.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
hahaha the PC version is horrible.It has shipped WITHOUT an FOV (field of view) slider. What this means is we are locked with a narrow, zoomed in camera that is so close it's suffocating. frame rate dips every now and then with my GTX 770 and i have to use medium settings.The downgrade is real, and it is obvious. It's not even close to what was promised, which wouldn't be so bad if they had just admitted it instead of lying to us. Also, it's clearly a console port. Another betrayal from a company who got its start on the goodwill of PC gamers. Lastly, somehow they keyboard and mouse commands are horrible and to actually enjoy playing it you're going to need an Xbox 360 controller.
Just wait a year for the enhanced edition which will contain all patches and expansion.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
And apparently AMD cards work fine because they aren't weighted down by all that Nvidia garbage.

Robert Jarzebina

WOW, game is so beautiful

HdHn4Gh.jpg

DNvWCv4.jpg

14817179519_0778994e7a_o.jpg

15117622681_f048caefb7_o.jpg

Ohh, wait, this is Witcher 2

Last edited by a moderator:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
OMG, check the fucking options morons, consolitis is in your mind, not the game.

Okay okay, calm down there old man. I saw that one but I thought "minimap" means what it usually does. But in this game minimap is apparently the actual map and the circle in the upper right corner of the main screen is the mini-me of the minimap.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
When I saw all the ? marks appear I was like :shunthenonbeliever: but thankfully it can be toggled off. Way to kill the desire for exploration by marking everything, so I know there's nothing to find between those points.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom