Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher demo released

Can we transfer saves from the demo to the full game? As I expect to enjoy it anyway, I'm getting it at Christmas, and really don't want to have to play through the first half of Act 1 twice.

Nightjed

Liturgist
what happened with the new patch ? wasnt it supposed to come out with the demo ? i had to stop playing after someone said old saves wouldnt work with it -_-

Bloodlust

Augur
Developer posted at the official forums earlier today/yesterday that save games from version 1.1a will be compatible with the new 1.2 patch.So,yes you can continue playing your game,that is if you can stand the fucked up loading times.The only minor thing that might happen is small individual bugfixes won't take affect unless one act is restarted e.g if you have already fallen to a bug,loading an old save game won't fix it.Personally,I 've finished the witcher 3 times and haven't hit a game or quest breaking bug so that won't be an issue.

Also ,through common sense,since the unpatched save games are not compatible with 1.1a,those won't be compatible with 1.2 too.Which means,if you started playing before patching the game to the first patch,you're fucked.

Edit: Quote for truth
Eriash said:
According to your questions about the patch i will try to answer some of them.

All 1.1 saves will be compatibile with the 1.2 patched version.

When you upgrade from version 1.1 to 1.2 it won't be necessary to start the game from the beginning.
However, in some specific situations, the single act should be restarted.

http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.p ... #msg197458

pkt-zer0

Scholar
cardtrick said:
Hungary?!
Yeah. Here's the newspost. Scroll down, click demo, and then download. Haven't tried actually installing it myself, since it would barely run, but seems like it's the real thing.
Actually, I was pretty surprised myself that there even was a complete localization in the first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom