Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Franchise Sales Revealed

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The Witcher 3 has sold more copies on the Playstation 4 than on PC. :M

:hmmm:

Maybe related to the fact that you need a pretty good PC to fully enjoy it (not just graphics at min and 20-30 FPS). As the years passed the sales were pretty much sustained, because hardware has become more accesible (but not that much, with those absurd RAM prices and the GPU inflation).

I don't know how it runs in consoles, though, but I'm betting a solid 30 FPS with sudden drops.
I run it with gtx580 and it run well. The game runs well on older tech if you don't go like some kind of retard on full ultra settings.

Last edited:

Sjukob

Arcane
The most uninteresting game has sold the best, what a suprise. People may talk as much crap as they want about TW and TW2 but they are decent storyfag material, TW3 is just bland and forgettable.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Only reason to play W3 is for graphics-whoring, tbh. It's the only reason I even put a few dozen hours in it before getting tired. Probably spent more time screenshotting different ReShade settings than anything else.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
The Witcher 1 is also very oddly structured. The first chapter is pretty dull, or at least dull if you don't know the lore, and I don't think does as good of a job of introducing players to the universe as the later chapters in the city do. Things pick up considerably once you get to the city, but just as the politics/faction wars are heating up, the game suddenly transports you to a high fantasy diversion in the countryside. I have come to love the countryside chapter, as it has some really great quests in it, but it does kind of stop the game dead in its tracks while you do a bunch of other unrelated shit. I've always felt like Witcher 1 was CDPR figuring out how to structure games. There are a lot of mistakes in it that they seemed to deliberately set out to correct in Witcher 2 (which is very relentless in its drive through the narrative, with almost no fat, to the point that you will actually miss 1/4 of the content depending on your choices).
I loved TW1's structure and pacing, its ebbs and flows and patient build-ups. TW2 felt like it was rushing forward at full speed the whole time, giving you little incentive for exploration, womanizing, idle philosophical chatter with your buddies, spontaneous drunken adventures, or dice marathons where you forget about everything else until you've robbed that cunt de Wett of his last orens. TW2 definitely could've used its own Murky Waters somewhere along the way.

In TW3 you kind of made your own pace, but its structure was pretty weird. Essentially you had a three-act story where the first act took about 80% of the game.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Only reason to play W3 is for graphics-whoring, tbh. It's the only reason I even put a few dozen hours in it before getting tired. Probably spent more time screenshotting different ReShade settings than anything else.
I'm the same with Skyrim. Never played past the Stormcloaks first meeting.

Kitchen Utensil

The best quest was the one where I mashed fast attack and dodge button. Drive-by shitpost!

I liked the one where I had to follow some glowing shit slightly better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom