Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher site opens

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

I've just got word from <a target=_blank href=http://www.cdprojekt.com>CD Projekt</a>'s <b>Michal Kicinski</b>, that the official website for <a target=_blank href=http://www.thewitcher.com>The Witcher</a>:
<br>
<ul>
<br>
The Witcher website starts today. The website includes a lot of information. There, you will get to know the world of the game, its history, inhabitants, characters from the game and technology used to bring the Witcher's world into being, and many more. Moreover, on the website you will find a lot of never-published-before materials (e.g. screenshots, renders, wallpapers).
<br>

<br>
"The Witcher" combines spectacular and visually stunning action with deep and intriguing storyline. The game is set in a world created by best-selling Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. The main difference of the world created by Andrzej Sapkowski is that the world is more "adult" and less "fairy-tale" than typical fantasy. In the Sapkowski's world there are also witchers, warriors whose killing for money all kind of monsters and beats.</ul>So, go ahead to the website, <i>whose</i> you can find at <a target=_blank href=http://www.thewitcher.com>www.thewitcher.com</a>.

taks

Liturgist
gotta love foreign gaming companies... on the right hand side of the page, they're hosting a "pool" to find out how much you like their website.

taks

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, there was an "IPLY death betting pool" here iirc.

edit: Fuck. Just read this:

"It is in these grim times that our hero after many years comes back to Kaer Morhen, a ruined stronghold of the witchers, where he was subjected to trials and mutations, and trained to be professional monster slayer. He knows that some of his brethren still live there, but he senses that something is wrong... Suddenly his worst fears become reality, because when he enters the gates it turns out that the stronghold is attacked by some mysterious mercenaries. The witchers staying in Kaer Morhen have to fight back the intruders... and at that moment our story begins.
If the witcher survives this first encounter there will be even more to come. The hero will travel across vast areas of the world, visiting different places and locations, meeting many interesting characters, and sometimes... killing them. He will learn who is behind the assault on Kaer Morhen and discover secrets that might be a threat to the whole world."

Substitute "Kaer Morhen" for "Neverwinter Academy" and you get you know what. Not exactly, but I begin to have bad feelings about this game. There is one difference. According to the first sentence, the witcher we start the game with should be very experienced. I hope they don't pull any amnesia tricks here. So we shouldn't have to deal with any annoying kobolds / goblins!

taks

Liturgist
i think it looks interesting... certainly nicer (less cartoonish) than the OC was...

i think the term "pool" when referring to a betting "pool" is correct usage... not when they mean "poll" the readers to find out who's interested.

typos are OK, btw :)

taks

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Just when you thought taks couldn't be any stupid than we know he is, he proves us wrong. Time and time again.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The more I see of this game; the more it grows on me.. Sound slike a pretty simple combat system; but other than that; looks cool. :cool:

Spazmo

Erudite
The screens I've seen look neat. Never thought the Aurora engine could be so pretty. And I'm always 100% behind Poland, just because Polish people are, as a rule, awesome. Too bad it falls under my personal Fantasy RPG Embargo.

And hey, does anyone else get totally thrown off by bad English in foreign games? I'm playing the Czech (I'm pretty sure it's Czech. I'd rather not be wrong since Czechs are touchy) game Mafia right now and it's pretty weird hearing these supposedly Italian American mafiosos speak awkward, sometimes broken English. It's like I'm reading something written by Visceris.

Voss

Erudite
Now that's just cruel. Its like saying people who spank their children are like Hitler.

The official site seems to be down, by the way.

Edit: Alright, working for me today. Interesting...

Ausir

Arcane
Works for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom