Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info The Witchest blog of them all

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
taxacaria said:
When sex is used as an instrument of marketing, it's time to look very closely at the quality of the other content the game has.
When sex is used as instrument of marketing instead of other methods(see Oblivion) i don't see reasons to worry.

Inziladun

Magister
taxacaria said:
When sex is used as an instrument of marketing, it's time to look very closely at the quality of the other content the game has.

If that's the case, why are they censoring for their american audience? I mean, they could get away with something that tame and keep a M-rating.

taxacaria

Scholar
Hamster said:
When sex is used as instrument of marketing instead of other methods(see Oblivion) i don't see reasons to worry.
All marketing methods are to blame, as long as they are hiding the true nature of the game.
The unholy alliance between industry and media, bribes and advertising-depending "awards", graphics hype, dev's lies etc. (See Gothic 3)
It's not an argument to say, a method isn't bad because there is another evil method.
And it's no good idea to add some more dubious methods - I think there are more than enough of them.

btw - Tarot has many cards, and so the game could be suspected to be a series of fuck-quests.

Dox

Novice
Thing is, it is fans, who have read Witcher books, request something sexual or something related with those "laid withs". Simply because in a books things like that happened quite often. And this is a way Devs decided to put that into a game. They just simply couldnt come up with something different. And they couldnt just drop it, it is a Witchers world, without it it wouldnt feel like it ;)

They are not aiming for that "lets put some tits into a game, so we could get a biger teen audience" thing. Of course implementing that with cards sounds silly. But it is the way they decided to implement sexual theme.

And I am not sorry for my english.

FaranBrygo

Educated
Originally Posted by May GFW's Witcher previewHaving grasped the basics, Iwanicki thinks I'm ready for the big leagues. "Now for the mature content," he says. "In the game, you can pick up girls. I'm going to show you how to find one, and you can go to bed with her." Um... OK. We hit the village and quickly find a milkmaid willing to chat. After being impressed with a bouquet of flowers, the maid leads Geralt off the screen to do the deed. In return, I am rewarded a playing card and a painting of the milkmaid topless and pouring a ladle of milk over her bare breasts. "Throughout the whole game, when you pick up a girl and go to bed with her, you receive a card like this," says Iwanicki. We observe an awkward silence.

I feel very insulted and I have not even played the game yet.

Kraszu

Prophet
They could drop the card idea, to make it more mature but I don't really care and why you say that it is important selling point of the game? If that would be true pr would say about that in every interview. They focus on presenting c&c, combat system, and settings.

mister lamat

Scholar
chances are if you're a dev and you think tittymon: the gathering is a good idea, most of your other 'good ideas' will suck too.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dox said:
Thing is, it is fans, who have read Witcher books, request something sexual or something related with those "laid withs". Simply because in a books things like that happened quite often. And this is a way Devs decided to put that into a game. They just simply couldnt come up with something different. And they couldnt just drop it, it is a Witchers world, without it it wouldnt feel like it ;)
So by that logic, there should be a sex-minigame in every Conan game as well? What about Bond games?

I liked the implementation in Fallout 2, getting past Bishop by sleeping with his wife or daughter. I feel sex should be more integrated into gameplay like that, like sleeping with important NPCs to gain something; maybe their favour or access to their secrets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom