Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Wolf Among Us - Fables Telltale adventure game

Psquit

Arcane
i did enjoy the game... but knowing that Bigby is pro israel as fuck kinda kills it for me. Fucking shills, whats next? guts from berserk reveals he is a crypto jew send by the mossad?

SmartCheetah

Arcane
i did enjoy the game... but knowing that Bigby is pro israel as fuck kinda kills it for me. Fucking shills, whats next? guts from berserk reveals he is a crypto jew send by the mossad?

Like that fucking matters that a fictional character is pro Israel because the author wanted the character to look more realistic(Or was just spoiled by his own views)
You got stuff like that everywhere bro(Maybe not specifically concerning Israel, but eg. cold war differences)

Still, the game sucked because it wasn't really a game. You couldn't even create your own adventure, as every choice was basicly an illusion, and after 2-3 lines of different text, you were in the same spot.

Harold

Arcane
Bigby is a Jew, Snow is his nagging Jew-wife, who is never satisfied.
Toad and his son are poor opressed Palestinians. The Big Bad Jew can even give them some money, but it's all a ploy: they are still forced to GTFO. Cole the pig gets to stay, because he represents the fat kwantard consumers that Israel exploits.
Wolf among Us is an amzing WORK OF ART you faggots.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
My biggest complaint is Bigby doesn't seem to take the situation seriously enough. Things like walking to the crime scene, having no deputies, not finishing his fights asap and not jumping the fence when he finds blood there.

Last edited:

Eyeball

Arcane
Not gonna bother watching the final episode - who turned out to be the murderer in the end?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Not gonna bother watching the final episode - who turned out to be the murderer in the end?

The ending is suggesting that Faith glamoured herself to look like Nerissa, glamoured the dead Nerissa’s head to look like hers, put that head on Bigby’s stoop, and has been manipulating Bigby all along in order to take down The Crooked Man.

Anyway to answer your question: Nerissa/Faith was killed by a henchman of The Crooked Man therefore the entire murder plot is simply a diversion. The story is a complete mess.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I think this is the first time when I actually thought that a game would be better off as a tv series.

Seriously replace the npc's and pc with decent actors and add a decent budget, this could have been huge. It would probably draw in a large chunk of the ghey vampire/werewolf crowd as well people who just like mysteries. The setting is unique enough and at the same time 'modern'. Especially if they moved the focus solely from Bigby and made some strong side stories.

As a game it's really just annoying more than anything else. I want to sit back and watch a drama/mystery unfold not play retarded qte's and pick meaningless dialog.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

The ending is suggesting that Faith glamoured herself to look like Nerissa, glamoured the dead Nerissa’s head to look like hers, put that head on Bigby’s stoop, and has been manipulating Bigby all along in order to take down The Crooked Man.

Anyway to answer your question: Nerissa/Faith was killed by a henchman of The Crooked Man therefore the entire murder plot is simply a diversion. The story is a complete mess.
You just don't get it. :P Seriously, it is pretty straighforward if you think it through. Not a mess.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

You just don't get it. :P Seriously, it is pretty straighforward if you think it through. Not a mess.

You are the expert on messes.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
:necro:

Received this as a gift last year or something, tried it a few weeks ago.

The art direction, setting/atmosphere, voice acting, and dialogue are quite good. Problem is, there are dumb QTEs, the "puzzles" hardly qualify for the label, and it's pretty linear even for an adventure game. You pretty much click one hotspot after another.

Well, I didn't pay for it!

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
What? What? What?

R4VyDB2.jpg

I really hope it's just someone pulling a fast one with fan shit.

Modron

Arcane
I thought Telltale went bankrupt, but apparently they are back and announced that The Wolf Among Us 2 will release next year. There's also a Trailer:

Don't have high hopes for it this many years after the fact but The Wolf Among Us was certainly their best work.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I loved the first season. Atmosphere was 10/10, you cannot NOT love it if you're a noir fan, and I loved the story, including the ending. Admittedly, there's not much gameplay, but I don't mind playing a few visual-novel or walking-sim type games now and then, I find them relaxing in small doses. Excited for the 2nd season, the trailer looks ace!

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i kinda fell out of love with the setting after reading the comic and it went downhill fast after the adversary arc. like I don't care about these people anymore

Antigoon

Augur
I thought Telltale went bankrupt, but apparently they are back and announced that The Wolf Among Us 2 will release next year. There's also a Trailer:
They went bankrupt, this new one has nothing to do with the original Telltale. LCG Entertainment bought the Telltale brand and their assets, they are not even pretending they share anything but legacy and name with the original studio.

Larianshill

Arbiter
241.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom