Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Wolf Among Us - Fables Telltale adventure game

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
No need to get impatient:

The Telltale staff is making as many updates on the situation as they can. I know that some of you don't like the "we're still working on it" updates, and I'll admit I'd like it if they could be more specific, but the fact of the situation is that this is the best they can contractually give us until they are ready to release.

Puzzlebox just let us know a week ago (on January 3rd) that the team is still working on the game: "Please be assured that the team is hard at work on Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us (devs were working through the holidays!), and we'll have further news as it becomes available. We know you're waiting eagerly, and really appreciate your patience as we work to get the next chapter to you!"

We'll get a larger update as soon as they're contractually able to do so, and as people have pointed out, internal beta versions of the game have been uploaded to Steam, so the more specific news update will almost certainly be coming near the first half of this month (and since they can't contractually give updates until the game nears release, the episode itself will be coming shortly after that).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I guess this is how Star Wars fans felt between Return of the Jedi and Phantom Menace.

aris

Arcane
Never bought an episodic game and never will.
Clever man!

I bought season 1 of The Walking Dead, but that was after it was finished.

Never again!
It's kind of strange to swear to never buy an episodic game again just because of a slight delay... Especially considering that it seemed you liked the first episode.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Clever man!

Never again!
It's kind of strange to swear to never buy an episodic game again just because of a slight delay... Especially considering that it seemed you liked the first episode.
slight?
I remember the walking dead episodes arriving at an interval of max one month.

aris

Arcane
Clever man!

Never again!
slight?
well, might be a big delay for an episode, but in the grand schemes of things, it's hardly much. By the schedule of the half life episodes, episode 3 should have arrived at most two years after episode 2, we saw how that went.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Clever man!

Never again!
slight?
well, might be a big delay for an episode, but in the grand schemes of things, it's hardly much. By the schedule of the half life episodes, episode 3 should have arrived at most two years after episode 2, we saw how that went.
haven't payed for HL3, and it really is not the same thing at all.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Just watch them on YouTube. Cheaper still and you get the same experience. I just watched the first episode of TWD Season 2 and I swear I don't think there was a single 'puzzle' other than pointing and clicking on shit at random.

buzz

Arcane
I don't know man, I'm the kind of guy who likes to buy the DVD and watch it at home than see some movie in the cinema perturbed by idiots. So I'd rather throw telltale a couple of bucks than hear another imbecille on YouTube talking during it and getting rich.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't know man, I'm the kind of guy who likes to buy the DVD and watch it at home than see some movie in the cinema perturbed by idiots. So I'd rather throw telltale a couple of bucks than hear another imbecille on YouTube talking during it and getting rich.
Don't people make LPs without commentary? I'm sure they do.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Don't people make LPs without commentary? I'm sure they do.

They do. The term people use for those is 'walkthroughs' versus 'Let's Plays' (where idiots ramble on and make jokes).

aris

Arcane
Finished the second episode, really enjoyable! There was even a single puzzle (easy one), which is surprising at this point. It's extra nice when you already know a lot of the source material.

I have a question though, don't read if you don't want major spoilers about the second episode and the series
There is something that doesn't quite add up for me about Crane. In the series, he was exiled for something, I can't remember for what, and at a later moment actually killed because of cooperating with adversary. But if it was for these murders, this normally would not warrant a simple exile, but rather a death penatly to stay concise with the fables lore. Can anyone remember what he was exiled for?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Over 3 months waiting for not even 1½ hour of playtime.

At least is was pretty much on par with the first episode.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

You can't rush greatness. James Joyce took 5 years to write a 4 hour book (Ulysses).

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Finished the second episode, really enjoyable! There was even a single puzzle (easy one), which is surprising at this point. It's extra nice when you already know a lot of the source material.

I have a question though, don't read if you don't want major spoilers about the second episode and the series
There is something that doesn't quite add up for me about Crane. In the series, he was exiled for something, I can't remember for what, and at a later moment actually killed because of cooperating with adversary. But if it was for these murders, this normally would not warrant a simple exile, but rather a death penatly to stay concise with the fables lore. Can anyone remember what he was exiled for?

Yeah, he may have (I'd say probably) not done it. He might be obsessed with Snow but the killer could be someone else. Crane is kind of a coward.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

You can't rush greatness. James Joyce took 5 years to write a 4 hour book (Ulysses).
This wasn't that good tho and a few things felt a little rushed.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
certain dialogue didn't have mouth movement, characters hopped around in scenes (especially the "torture" scene), didn't really seem to be any impactful C&C and it didn't seem to follow up on last episode's C&C and events very well. I think the "search for clues" segments in particular felt very fast-forward.

episode 1 had some "side missions" to the main plot. even if it ended on a cliffhanger, it felt like episode 1 had more closure. finding the lumberjack,introducing and revealing more characters and their agendas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom