Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Worst Raped Game Franchise of All Time (Poll)

Which game franchise has been raped the worst?

• Fallout franchise (Fallout 3 & 4, Fallout 76)

• The Elder Scrolls franchise (Oblivion, Skyrim)

• Ultima franchise (Ultima 8 & 9, The Shroud of the Avatar, Underworld Ascendent)

• XCOM franchise (Interceptor, nuXCOM)

• Jagged Alliance franchise (Back in Action, JA Online, Flashback, JA: Rage)

• Baldur's Gate franchise (Beamdog Enhanced Editions)

• Dragon Age franchise (DA 2, DA:I)

• Diablo franchise (Diablo 3, Diablo: Immortal)

• Dungeon Keeper franchise

• Fable franchise

• Mass Effect franchise (Mass Effect 3, Andromeda)

• Battlefield franchise (Battlefield 5)

• Heroes of Might and Magic franchise (everything after 3, arguably 4)

• Some other game franchise

• Grimoire franchise (Kingkomrade)

• Sonic the Hedhehog franchise

• Sonic the Hedgehog franchise

• SimCity franchise

• Resident Evil franchise

• DOOM franchise

• Warhammer franchise

• Command & Conquer franchise

• Final Fantasy franchise

• Wizardry franchise

• The Settlers franchise

• Metal Gear franchise

• Civilization franchise

• Tom Clancy franchise

• Total War franchise

• Tomb Raider franchise

• Warcraft franchise

• Syndicate franchise

Results are only viewable after voting.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Syndicate is missing from your poll OP.

wyes gull

Savant
Have to go with Dungeon Keeper. As bad as the others are, they all end up with bad games. This one's freemium abortion doesn't even deserve to be qualified as such. And it's not like the franchise was big enough to endure the blunder; no, this one will stay under the ground (ouch) for the foreseeable future.

Also, have we decided to collectively forget about BoS? Because that's Fallout rape as well.

Oh and Thief would probably warrant a spot on there.

Last edited:

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Sonic the Hedgehog

It's been non stop rape over and over it's like a bukakke of multiple developers over Sonic's corpse and then just raping and raping and raping some more.

Last edited:

Oracsbox

As bad as Fallout rape was
57bs606yr8lz.jpg

Command and Conquer was utterly gang smashed

RapineDel

Augur
Thief. Broken Sword was up there for a while too, the latest one isn't as bad as 3 and 4, though pretty uninspired an feels like they've run out of ideas.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Jagged Alliance rape is easy to handwave, because none of the newer games was ever titled "Jagged Alliance 3". Thief rape is also easy to ignore since they never called it Thief 4. Therefore the award still goes to Fallout series, particularly with all the nonsensical lore Bethderp created (just like how Star Wars is dead to me because of Roundhead Rian's Episode VIII and Jar Jar's Episode VII).

Ok now this is reaching autismo levels of mental gymnastics :lol:

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Which game series has has experienced the most dramatic fall from grace? Where is the stench of Decline the most foul? Where the anus has been so brutally violated that you can't help but look away in disgust and disbelief?

A poll added since lately we haven't had nearly enough of them. Only 1 choice allowed so think carefully!

The single most meaningful answer is Ultima. We're talking about the original epic exploration/story-driven RPG franchise, a nine game series where, going off a high note, the eighth game failed super hard and the ninth game failed on every single conceivable criteria that a game can possibly fail to the maximum degree of severity imaginable by man.

Fallout is a competitive pick and will obviously win due to the nucleus of the Codex being a Fallout 1-2 fansite and Fallout 1-2 being the archetype through which 40-60% of Codexers appraise the value of an RPG. Problem is that Fallout never really *needed* a game after the first and you can ignore the rest much more easily than if you just stopped playing the Ultima narrative after the 7th game's expansion -- all the more so because it received an eventual revival (FO:NV) that succeeded in all the exploration/story/interactive elements of prior games and laid the franchise to rest in a thematically/narratively appropriate and satisfying way, regardless of what happened afterwards.

The rest of are kind of 'eh'. Thief didn't really "fall from grace" so much as fade into irrelevance, and then, upon trying, failed to reassert itself, Fable never attained grace to begin with, Sonic was always bad, etc.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm going with Ultima with Fallout tied. The only thing Fallout has over it is the fact it got a really good game in between 3 and 4, whereas Ultima has been shit ever since 8.

Actually with that logic, I'd say then Ultima and Jagged Alliance tied with Fallout just right under it.

Codex Year of the Donut
Sonic. I don't think anything else even comes close to such a dramatic fall from grace.

There's a few hidden gems in the shitheap, but it's pretty bad. I'd have never guessed it would turn out this way if you asked me in the early 90s.

Skdursh

Savant
Anyone who doesn't vote Ultima is wrong. Shroud of the Avatar and Underworld: Ascendant are literal crimes against humanity. Also, I'm going to say it, Ultima 8 is a great game if you ignore the platforming and stop bitching about how you can do some morally "questionable" things.

Dexter

Arcane
Poll should be multiple choice with at least 3, possibly even 5 allowable answers, otherwise people are just going to gang up on one or two options with everything else getting 0 votes and you can't rank the results by severity of rape.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fallout no doubt sure seeing what EA done to Sim City/Maxis and what happened to X-Com and JA2 is painful but all those other games had spiritual descendants worth playing but as for post apocalyptic RPG there was nothing till Atom RPG. Sure Metro 2033 and Prypates were fun but those were more FPS/survival games. Not to mention Sim City at-least was granted death and Nue X-Coms are not as popular while the horribly scarrred corpse of Fallout is still raped and pimped to casual crowds for quick buck by Todd.

:mixedemotions:

Falksi

Arcane
Out of all those for me Dragon Age is the one which make me feels most violated.

Whilst flawed, for the time it was the perfect marriage between old school & new school, with enough traditional CRPG elements to keep them relevent in gaming & the games good, but enough new/modern/3-D elements to cross the boarder for the casuals.

That should have been the turning point where devs & suits alike realized that there was money to be made in good games & from games which included CRPG tropes of old. It felt like the moment where you'd found out all the whips, handcuffs & chains weren't to restrain you for a raping, but instead they were there for practical use in every day jobs such as training the horse, restraining criminals & hoisting heavy goods.

And when DA:2 arrived it was like the lover you'd re-embraced turned around, laughed manically, whipped the whips & chains back & used them to pin you down and let a gangbang loose as part of some twisted scheme all along.

When DA:I was released it was like that lover then took all your photos, possessions & memories & forcefed them you by making the gangbangers eat them, and making you the end section of the gangbangers Human Centipede.

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
When I look at Sonic and Shining Force, I see game series that were well established and pretty much perfect and timeless in their particular niche. You'd think making sequels to those games can't be that fucking hard, it should pretty much be a licence to print money. And compared to their Nintendo counterparts Mario and Fire Emblem carried on pretty much without major hiccups. In general Nintendo seems to be incredibly good at adapting and reiterating concepts for many years to keep the games interesting but somehow hold on to what made them good in the first place.

So it baffles me the more that not only were they unable to keep putting out good Sonic and SHF games but it took them fucking years of one shitty game after another with horrible reviews and horrible sales and they still somehow fail to get the fucking memo. That level of human incompetence is truly puzzling.

I mean, the changes to the Fallout series are absolutely haram in the eyes of RPG enthusiasts but those games sell like hot cakes and win all the awards.

You think this shit won any awards?

a-worse-love-story-than-twilight-videocames-memebase-com-%3Cp%3Esonic-2006%3C-p%3E-33914809.png

Last edited:

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thief still stings... but it is Ultima all the way. As Morality Games wrote, Ultima was really a by-word for quality. Every Ultima game brought something new to the table, and every Ultima game was meticulously polished to perfection. I can even forgive them the lame RenFaire setting and self-inserts, because the games were so damn good. Ultima was the CRPG gold standard. And it was not a one-off - it was an epic series, game after game after game building on the same basic themes while trying new things and exploring new opportunities. Even the side games like Savage Empires were excellent. Their manuals were entertaining to red on their own. They had great boxed sets and cloth maps and supplemental materials, too.

Then the fuckers raped it, and raped it hard because it made money, but they thought it could make even more money. And when that didn't work out, they killed it and burned the corpse.

That was Ultima.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom