Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Thiaf Pre-Release Thread

Tehdagah

Arcane
(...)
- bad AI
This is a typical characteristic of the whole stealth genre.

ie: stealth games are boring.

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
There were also amazing moment of Hurrett getting stuck unable to get over a chest-high barrier. MASTER THIAF.

Drakron

Arcane
It's funny, because shit like this happens every fucking time. They'll masturbate to themselves about how the graphics look sooooo fucking good every goddamn day right up until release, and when it comes out looking like dogshit, they'll immediately turn around and go "W-W-W-WELL GRAPHICS AREN'T EVERYTHING! STOP BEING SUCH A FUCKING ELITIST OH MY GOD!"

Better yet, they go on about the "power of <something>" and when it comes out they are lucky that actually match current PC specs.

Plus the only reason to buy a PS4 or a XBox NSA is because its supposed technical superiority yet not only J have yet to see a actual exclusive yet (Sony really dropped the ball) and everything that comes out apparently have a PS3/Xbox 360 version on top of a PC version.

retardation

Learned
tumblr_n1ahsrsj8J1rgdjn8o4_r1_400.gif

http://thiefgame.tumblr.com/

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I didn't believe it at first, but apparently Gamespot gives Thi4f a 6 out of 10 in an upcoming review. You can see that on GameFAQs if you select a game and go to the bottom of the page.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I didn't believe it at first, but apparently Gamespot gives Thi4f a 6 out of 10 in an upcoming review. You can see that on GameFAQs if you select a game and go to the bottom of the page.

I thought the scale went from 7 to 10?

Bobbix

I got paid to like Thi4f
I'm sure that Thief and the other LGS classics were products of hard and passionate work, but there's no need to be overly romantic about it - let's try to be realistic as well... I'm certain that the devs at EM are passionate about their games too and love their work, they're not only in it for the money as some people seem to believe.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm sure that Thief and the other LGS classics were products of hard and passionate work, but there's no need to be overly romantic about it - let's try to be realistic as well... I'm certain that the devs at EM are passionate about their games too and love their work, they're not only in it for the money as some people seem to believe.

:gumpyhead:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Damn it, this is not a DICKHEAD Codex, no need to register here just to shitpost in one thread.

i sincerely hope all these people registering just to try to defend eidos and thiaf are trolling alts.
otherwise how pathetic would they be?

Bobbix

I got paid to like Thi4f
It's a bit annoying that some people get mad as soon as someone says anything that can be interpreted as something even slightly negative about LGS. Eidos are just people trying to make a living by delivering a bit of entertainment just like LGS was.
The devs at EM were in a very different position than LGS was back in the day, there's much more money involved in the new game and much more pressure on the devs. Of course it shows in the game, sadly. But just like the LGS team, the devs at EM are just regular guys with a great passion for gaming (would anyone become a game developer if they didn't love games?) and I'm sure that they were aiming to create the best game possible with the restraints that were given to them.To think that someone making a game, and not doing it the way you believe they should, is a personal affront - is just madness.

Echo Mirage

Arcane

Maybe is EM is passionate about their games are their work. But Thiaf is a by-product of the wrong passions poured into poor work. And will only have themselves to blame.

But watch them shirk the blame for those well documented failures anyway. EM is not a learning animal. Nor are they a caring animal.

i sincerely hope all these people registering just to try to defend eidos and thiaf are trolling alts.
otherwise how pathetic would they be?

I am still suprised we haven't had the rest of the Eidos Montreal offical forum moderators show up by now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom