Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline Thiaf Pre-Release Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by MetalCraze, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Echo Mirage Arcane

Echo Mirage
    I found this on the steam discussions page.

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  2. skacky Prestigious Gentleman 3D Realms Developer

skacky
    Here's another THIAF video. :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  3. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
  4. Darth Slaughter Arcane Patron

Darth Slaughter
    Divinity: Original Sin
    So they made it... and it's better than Deus Ex: Unreal Revolution!

^ Top  
  5. 7/10 Learned

7/10
    This is an obvious fake, the game is way too dark to be Thiaf

^ Top  
  6. Bobbix I got paid to like Thi4f

Bobbix
    I'm sure that Thief and the other LGS classics were products of hard and passionate work, but there's no need to be overly romantic about it - let's try to be realistic as well... I'm certain that the devs at EM are passionate about their games too and love their work, they're not only in it for the money as some people seem to believe.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    :gumpyhead:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Damn it, this is not a DICKHEAD Codex, no need to register here just to shitpost in one thread.

^ Top  
  9. Zewp Arcane

Zewp
    Codex 2013
    EM shills climbing out of the woodwork.

^ Top  
  10. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    i sincerely hope all these people registering just to try to defend eidos and thiaf are trolling alts.
    otherwise how pathetic would they be?

^ Top  
  11. Bobbix I got paid to like Thi4f

Bobbix
    It's a bit annoying that some people get mad as soon as someone says anything that can be interpreted as something even slightly negative about LGS. Eidos are just people trying to make a living by delivering a bit of entertainment just like LGS was.
    The devs at EM were in a very different position than LGS was back in the day, there's much more money involved in the new game and much more pressure on the devs. Of course it shows in the game, sadly. But just like the LGS team, the devs at EM are just regular guys with a great passion for gaming (would anyone become a game developer if they didn't love games?) and I'm sure that they were aiming to create the best game possible with the restraints that were given to them.To think that someone making a game, and not doing it the way you believe they should, is a personal affront - is just madness.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Echo Mirage Arcane

Echo Mirage
    Maybe is EM is passionate about their games are their work. But Thiaf is a by-product of the wrong passions poured into poor work. And will only have themselves to blame.

But watch them shirk the blame for those well documented failures anyway. EM is not a learning animal. Nor are they a caring animal.

I am still suprised we haven't had the rest of the Eidos Montreal offical forum moderators show up by now.

^ Top  
  13. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Nicolas Cretin, you say?
    Hmmm...
    xemous Brofists this.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Diablo169 Arcane

Diablo169
    I'm sure there are plenty of passionate and hard working people on the new Thief's development team. They have still created a shit game.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    tomorrow i'll passionately grab a rifle and passionately shoot at people.
    will you stand my cause? because i did it passionately and i'm worthy of your support nonetheless.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  16. Bobbix I got paid to like Thi4f

Bobbix
    Have you played it? No? Then you aren't in a position to judge it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Oesophagus Arcane

Oesophagus
    alt or shill, no other possibility

^ Top  
  18. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    If you google "thiaf" this is the third result, at least for me. It is not inconceivable that some social media guru would think this is an influential place.

^ Top  
  19. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Understandable, given the state of gaming industry.
    :martini:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. MapMan Arcane

MapMan
    I'm sorry to break it to you, but that's exactly what happens in big companies like Eidos. Zero creative freedom, doing overtime - all the time, shitty salary, people fired after project completion and so on. Don't believe me? Just poke around some developer/modding communities and ask some people who had the chance to work at big companies. They don't do what they want to, they do what they're told to, which often contradicts with their vision and creative sense. That's why you see a lot of kickstarter project from professionals that come from big companies. I agree that people at Eidos aren't retards, many of them probably wanted to create a "true" thief game, but it doesn't work like that. What the developers want and need are not Eidos (as a company) concerns. Many "computer savvy" people (as in programmers, people who can do 2d and 3d art etc) consider working in a big development studio the worst career choice possible. Sad but true.

^ Top  
  21. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Maybe they too should grab rifles and start shooting passionately?

I mean, I understand - it's their lives, survival instinct and so on, but given where they are and how much hope for improvement they can have, well, sometimes you just have to let it go, man.
    :M

^ Top  
  22. retardation Learned

retardation
    What I'm seeing in the game is not passion, please don't spread propaganda.

A passionate worker will try to improve on what others did. Thiaf is not an attempt at improvement, it's as dull as the first Assassin's Creed, but will not sell as well due to the fact certain elements are worse (platforming, design, story). But also, AC1 was passion. No, I don't have a right to write a review of the game after only having watched videos, but I saw a couple of missions on youtube and let me tell you, it's a good demonstration of gameplay. Whoever wants to lie themselves in order to justify the purchase, fine, but please don't tell me I'm unable to see if something is shit or not by watching 3 hours of gameplay.

I needed 10 seconds of gameplay from Thief 1 and Blood 1 to convince me to play them back in the day and one screenshot for Deus Ex 1.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    ^ Top  
  23. Zewp Arcane

Zewp
    Codex 2013
    Can we start fucking killing people who make these juvenile posts?

Also, hello Master_Taffer (under a new account).

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  24. 7/10 Learned

7/10
    The main problem with this game is, that it's called "Thief" and that this bald frenchie kept babbling about "franchise DNA" every chance he got. Saying, that sneaking past guards and stealing valuables is what makes Thief a unique game, is like making a Call of Duty clone and calling it Deus Ex, because both games allow you to shoot people with guns. If the game was called something else, this thread would be 10 pages, tops.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. skacky Prestigious Gentleman 3D Realms Developer

skacky
    Have you painted it? No? Then you aren't in a position to judge it.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)