Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Thiaf Pre-Release Thread

Angthoron

Arcane
The livestreams make me think that THIAF should've been called HUGGER the way Hurrett is holding his arms out all the time.

Quatlo

Arcane
Just in case someone tries to spread propaganda before launch, here's the screenshot I took from youtube walkthrough:

thiafstealth.jpg

So much for Gorreto being "The Master Thief"
His mastery is so masterly that he still has room to improve his masterful stealth.
Jesus, after watching some twitch streams I'm not even going to bother pirating this game. It just looks like crap. Especially that forced Asylum level that wasn't scary, just boring as hell.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm sure that Thief and the other LGS classics were products of hard and passionate work, but there's no need to be overly romantic about it - let's try to be realistic as well... I'm certain that the devs at EM are passionate about their games too and love their work, they're not only in it for the money as some people seem to believe.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
If you google "thiaf" this is the third result, at least for me. It is not inconceivable that some social media guru would think this is an influential place.

That's because Google spies on what you do and provides you with links that it thinks you'd find most interesting.

This is so good:D Better than any late movie. Where are all (not just few) the blind fanboys? Where is Master Taffer and his deaf friend? I keep looking for them, they will be icing on the cake of this fucked-up Eidos' damage control. I guess he got overloaded from all the sperm from SE's cock. It is so relieving to hear that some people cancelled pre-orders. But now seriously, is this the gaming industry crash? They took the holy grail and remade it from shiny plastic. All those lies from developers and Eidos mods - "Heads are gonna roll now!"

Kellhus

Plant
Advertising plant
Have yet to see anything that would indicate that Thief will be anything less than excelent. Streams are not a valid indicator of the quality, and anyway anything problematic that I sa2 in them can be explained either by:
1. Obviously early build (bugs & glitches)
or
2. General lack of skill displayed by players
I recon that gameplay video of a finished version made by an experienced and skilled player would show this game in quite a different light!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Have yet to see anything that would indicate that Thief will be anything less than excelent. Streams are not a valid indicator of the quality, and anyway anything problematic that I sa2 in them can be explained either by:
1. Obviously early build (bugs & glitches)
or
2. General lack of skill displayed by players
I recon that gameplay video of a finished version made by an experienced and skilled player would show this game in quite a different light!
WELL HELLO, I BET YOU'VE BEEN LURKING THIS PLACE FOR AGES HAVE YOU NOT?

Oesophagus

Arcane
well it's either trolling, or *gasp* Eidos is worried that a large number of people may read the codex's opinion! Unlikely though...

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
It's so nice that all these unbiased people have found time to register on Codex and tell us how awesome Thiaf actually is. Otherwise we could be fooled by those deceitful live-streams and miss opportunity to pre-order such a masterpiece.

Oesophagus

Arcane
It's so nice that all these unbiased people have found time to register on Codex and tell us how awesome Thiaf actually is. Otherwise we could be fooled by those deceitful live-streams and miss opportunity to pre-order such a masterpiece.

Hey, just because a game looks sounds and plays like shit doesn't mean it's shit. Grow up

Kellhus

Plant
Advertising plant
well it's either trolling, or *gasp* Eidos is worried that a large number of people may read the codex's opinion! Unlikely though...
Neither!
I consider myself something of a hard core Thief fan. I replayed entire original trilogy countless times, and I completed most of FMs that are worth playing.
I am simply happy that a new Thief game is being made after all this years, and that said game seems to be more than a competent Thief sequel. It is my belief that this is an opinion shared by vast majority of long term fans. So, when I see a place like this, where most comments about new Thief are extremly negative, I simply feel obliged to share my own opinion. I assure you, what is being writen on this here forum is quite far from what vast majority of Thief fans worldwide think: this game is eagerly awaited, and most most of the info released so far has been very well received indeed.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Just in case someone tries to spread propaganda before launch, here's the screenshot I took from youtube walkthrough:

thiafstealth.jpg

I guess this is gonna be some Alpha Protocol-tier stealth when you fully upgrade it aka you can sprint in front of enemies and they won't see or hear you because you're just that good and their whole goddamn army can't stop you. Then again, maybe it's just going to be courtesy of shitty AI. Man, this just makes me want to replay Dishonored. Glancing at these streams and then looking back on Dishonored's approach to missions like The Golden Cat and alike just makes me want to weep.

MapMan

Arcane
Neither!
I consider myself something of a hard core Thief fan. I replayed entire original trilogy countless times, and I completed most of FMs that are worth playing.
I am simply happy that a new Thief game is being made after all this years, and that said game seems to be more than a competent Thief sequel. It is my belief that this is an opinion shared by vast majority of long term fans. So, when I see a place like this, where most comments about new Thief are extremly negative, I simply feel obliged to share my own opinion. I assure you, what is being writen on this here forum is quite far from what vast majority of Thief fans worldwide think: this game is eagerly awaited, and most most of the info released so far has been very well received indeed.
Dude... Too obvious.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Neither!

Lel. "vast majority of Thief fans worldwide" - You clearly have on mind 14yo little faggots getting on the "hype" wagon everytime some new game is released, so they can call themselves "old time fans" after a while.

Kellhus

Plant
Advertising plant
I have just finished pre-loading Thief!
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2urwhlx.jpg
I will be sure to share my opinion on game in a few days.
Know that i will not answer to any sort of provocations, and that I will not be drawn into any sort of argument! My only wish is to share my opinion here. Not to provoke any of you, or to troll.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Lel. "vast majority of Thief fans worldwide" - You clearly have on mind 14yo little faggots getting on the "hype" wagon everytime some new game is released, so they can call themselves "old time fans" after a while.

There are a lot of positive comments, mostly from people comparing it to dihonored.

DraQ

Arcane
What a fascinating failure of damage control ITT.
:avatard:
It's like trying to hang a picture that has fallen off the wall, but ending up with your entire house demolished and on fire, at least two family members and one bystander driven to hospital in critical state and household pet missing, presumed dead.

Goegoff

Educated
:1/5:
Point for mentioning FMs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom