Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief fan missions and campaigns

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Oh man, I take a nap and suddenly 4 new pages with our friend IronEagle. The fun never stops.

Yandros

Savant
No, my comment just no longer makes sense since his posts have apparently already been deleted.
May bad, and also sorry for being completely oblivious to your humor - my friends were bugging me to leave for lunch. Anyway, this is even more fun than the Blue Haze days at TTLG.

UnkCat: That was hliarious.

Yandros

Savant
The most fun I had was with cheater1, though. The chessmaster guy? He was a tool. I have a couple of his threads bookmarked still. He liked to USE all CAPS to make his POINT.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What a hilarious modder meltdown.

How long do you guys reckon till the next?

SlyFoxx

Educated
I haven't been on a Thief board for about a month and then THIS!

Russ! Looks like your boyfriend's back .....and there's gonna be trouble! :P

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
The most fun I had was with cheater1, though. The chessmaster guy? He was a tool. I have a couple of his threads bookmarked still. He liked to USE all CAPS to make his POINT.
Sound like the usual day at the 'dex.

Yandros

Savant
Yeah, TTLG is generally much tamer than most other places on the interwebz, so things like that stand out over there. Just another day at the office here, I'm sure.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guys, please let us keep him as a pet in prosperland. It will be fucking beautiful, him and Prosper together. I want to see their Thief FM. Yes, this is genius idea, let make them it! :lol:

Renault

Novice
Wow, that was awesome. No one goes nuclear quite like Iron Eagle. I counted 28 posts in about an hour and a half. What will tomorrow bring?

No really guys, THIS IS MY LAST WARNING! Hilarious. I hope his lawyer is multi-lingual - I wonder if he even realizes how god awful his English is. I get the feeling he doesn't. 3/4 of his posts aren't even readable.

Seriously, this guy completely rewrites the definition of crazy. How does he function day to day?

Oh yeah, I finished Heist Society, great mission btw. On to Transitions in Chaos.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Anyway, to post something related to thread. I try to play Art of Thievery again, and I must say that it is really good. I love how every window can help get you all around the mansion, but you can fuck it up and fall down. I also meet robots first time, my god... I almost died when one said one of it's patrol line on the other site of the door.

I try to play as best as I can - No kills, don't let them see you, knock out allowed. Guards with helmets and cameras are hell. It already take me around one hour and I didn't even explore one floor. Garret, give me strength to be good Taffer.

Renault

Novice
I've played it before, I'm just on a little mansion mission kick right now. Recommendations are welcome. I'm limiting myself to missions where the mansion is basically the entire level, not just a part of it.

Yandros

Savant
Same here on TiC. After Eshaktaar, RoFB's retirement was probably the most depressing to me. And I guess Gaetane has to be added to that list too.

Just so everyone knows, IE is no longer a run-of-the-mill idiot troll to me. He decided yesterday to take a couple of photos of my 9yo kid from my wife's Facebook page, put some pretty depraved text on them, and post them on his website. In my eyes, at least, that elevated him from annoying troll to creepy psycho-stalker-child-molester level. I don't care who you are, that's a pretty fucked up thing to do.

Renault

Novice
That's really crossing the line. Any recourse for something like that?

Re: FM authors, is Gaetane really retired? I think my biggest disappointment in that area was Haplo. He not only made great stuff, but did it often. I wish he would come back.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Guys, staph with these FM's! I can't count them on my list now... damn you, fuck you! 506 things on my list and 45 are from Thief now. :lol:
Well... and my CYOA... shit.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Backlog on FMs? This is new to me.
Whatever, I always consider "backlog" a retarded concept. Panicking Giving a damn, on something that you never do because - suprise - new stuff is created faster than you can spend your free hours. Of course it's lower ratio in case of FM but still.
And don't worry, unless you're die hard fan - you gonna get burned out after beating some of them, somewhere below "excellent" level of played FM.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Same here on TiC. After Eshaktaar, RoFB's retirement was probably the most depressing to me. And I guess Gaetane has to be added to that list too.

Just so everyone knows, IE is no longer a run-of-the-mill idiot troll to me. He decided yesterday to take a couple of photos of my 9yo kid from my wife's Facebook page, put some pretty depraved text on them, and post them on his website. In my eyes, at least, that elevated him from annoying troll to creepy psycho-stalker-child-molester level. I don't care who you are, that's a pretty fucked up thing to do.

Yeah, well, for all his fucking idiotic lawyer threats, now you got an actual reason to sue that motherfucker if he keeps on doing that. That's bordering on the illegal.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've played it before, I'm just on a little mansion mission kick right now. Recommendations are welcome. I'm limiting myself to missions where the mansion is basically the entire level, not just a part of it.

I quite enjoyed Christine's "Coterie of Smokers" mission which is set in a large mansion.
Also, KFort's "Wicked Relics" has to be one of my favourite missions due to how large and varied it manages to be for a mission set entirely in one mansion.
Both authors are retired now, too, ffs :(

Oh, and Rowena's Curse and Ominous Bequest are mansion-with-a-dark-secret classics, but you've probably played them more than once already anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom