Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief Series Fan Patch Guide

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Since your question on the thread was still not answered, i'm not downloading yet for fear of a hotfix version.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
T2X can already be run as a mission with the proposed patch; playing it right now.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Newdark really needs support for cam.cfg and user.bnd partial overriding (something like cam_mod.ini), so that fms that replace every single user binding can be hotpatched to only replace the appropriate lines they need replaced (yeah right, like all those missions with AWOL authors would be patched).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Newdark really needs support for cam.cfg and user.bnd partial overriding (something like cam_mod.ini), so that fms that replace every single user binding can be hotpatched to only replace the appropriate lines they need replaced (yeah right, like all those missions with AWOL authors would be patched).

Tell me, do you know the difference between mod_path in cam_mod.ini and and adding additional paths to resname_base in darkinst.cfg? As far as the base game goes, at least, don't they do the same thing?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
No idea. I think the idea of cam_mod.ini is somewhere to put in overrides of stuff that would normally be in cam.cfg for fms; so maybe it replaces or adds to those resources in fms paths?

edit: another possibility is that it's just a dumping place for new settings because changes to the older file formats were not forward compatible (ignore unknown settings) with the old versions of dark engine.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How about those sound enhancements? Every time someone says "It now sounds more realistic!" I get shivers. Didn't install.

Lots of them are better versions of the same sounds, taken from Thief 3

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
You can do that, the exe is just a self-extracting zip.

Seriously, I've used this mod for ages, there's nothing wrong with it

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
@dannyfx1 FFS, either use the mod or don't, don't ask me to defend it.

I actually remember that particular post and the guy who made the mod responded to it. If you want to heckle the mod further, please do so over at TTLG.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Updated Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade to 1.1.2.1

Fixed bugs in 1.1.2.1:
  • Temporarily leaving the game window (alt-tab, alt-enter, Windows key etc.) no longer causes text to become enlarged or disappear
  • Windows 8: Changing the game's brightness setting had no effect
  • Windows 8: Lockpicking etc. was broken, even with VSync on
  • Crash when selecting an unsupported multisampling mode (original bug)
  • Windows 8: Crash when selecting a supported multisampling mode
  • Windows 8, Linux/WINE: The desktop would show between levels, even with the fix to disable desktop effects while playing (original bug, sort of).
  • A 'waiting' mouse pointer was shown during intro movies and loading screens
  • Some FMs would fail when launched with the command line argument -fm=

FuelBlooded

Scholar
Do I need to download a patch or anything before applying the Sneaky Upgrade for T3?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Do I need to download a patch or anything before applying the Sneaky Upgrade for T3?

You might need to install an unprotected DRM-free EXE from GameCopyWorld if you have the original retail disc. Maybe also the game's official patch, I'm not sure.

Digitally distributed version doesn't need anything.

FuelBlooded

Scholar
I have GOG, apparently it is 1.1 - the latest official version.

Now if I could only download those textures...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Updated T2X installation instructions again. Turns out they had a bug all this time where Zaya's sword was replaced by Garrett's. Oops.

These will probably be replaced by the T2X patch from here as soon as it goes out of beta.

subotaiy

Cipher
thief_2013-10-07_19-55-45-65.jpg

thief_2013-10-07_20-52-18-65.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
3,2 GB of textures. More than vanillia game with DE 2.0 patch with fixes and stuff. You've gotta be kidding me.
I'm kiddin', but my old notebook propably did not run it after it.

Not sure if install it now (my first playthrough), or try it on another playthrough or fan missions.

Also voted in Mod of the Year (with Circle of 8 for ToEE) despite being sponsored by Origin from EA. Kinda irionic...

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
From reading the thread this new texture mod seems to have some issues, so it would probably be a good idea to hold off on downloading it for now. Overall I think the new textures look really good, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom