Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Third Expeditions game confirmed

Discussion in 'Expeditions' started by Chad J. Thundercock, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Avonaeon Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Bit of both. What we choose is not up to me, but Viking definitely appealed to my inner Dane.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. harhar! Educated

harhar!
    Let's hope for less barrel smashing in the next game. I liked the HOMM style of the first one better than the RPG style of the second game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Background Character Learned

Background Character
    FUCK YEAH

Here's hoping for samurais

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. hellbent Augur

hellbent
    Dumping Unity for the 3rd game would probably be a plus. I'd love to see Expeditions: Zulu but I'm guessing they're going to avoid anything remotely controversial now that they're under the big publisher umbrella.

^ Top  
  5. Dodo1610 Educated

Dodo1610
    Their games don't try to be historicly accurate ( which i like), so if they make a game about Africa they will give you the chance to be nice to the locals like in Conquistadors.

^ Top  
  6. Safav Hamon Savant The Real Fanboy

Safav Hamon
    If they do Africa, then I would like to see Expeditions: Congo. Although my first choice would be Expeditions: Vandal.

• Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. MoistCloister Savant

MoistCloister
    It'll probably be set in China. Huge market, a decent setting (plenty of stuff to take from "Il Milione").

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    If this was not "historical" historical series, Journey to the West with more historical flavor could be cool.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Life of the Party Magister

Life of the Party

^ Top  
  10. V_K Arcane

V_K
    Russian conquest of Siberia could also be a fun campaign. And they can reuse all the snowy assets from Viking to boot.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Kit Walker Totally Not Captain Shrek

Kit Walker
    Great!

I think following are worthy ideas to consider:

Expeditions: (Ant)Arctics, give it a Cthulhu mythos touch by combining Amundsen + Beyond the mountains of madness
    Expeditions: Congo; Make it about Solomon's mines in Congo, take inspiration from the original and the Michael Chrichton book.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)