Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Third Expeditions game confirmed

Discussion in 'Expeditions' started by DarkUnderlord, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Barbarian Arcane

Barbarian
    I would love to finally see something related to the first crusade, but the best suited option to an expeditions game(assuming they go for a crusade setting) is certainly the 1101 Crusade(also called "Crusade of the faint-hearted" or "Oathbreakers Crusade"):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusade_of_1101

Several separate and unorganized small armies(many lead by people who didn't follow up on their vows to reach Jerusalem in the 1st Crusade) try to cross Anatolia as the first Crusaders did, most being slaughtered or turning back on the way. The small groups of succesfull crusaders ending up on something more akin to a pilgrimage but still helping the fledlging and unstable Kingdom formed in the aftermath of the first crusade.

Cavalry turn-based combat might be something hard to develop I guess. Other than that the whole setting is perfect for the "small group of adventurers dropped into hostile and unconquered territory" premise.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Barbarian Arcane

Barbarian
    So no news yet?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    This is from Swen of Larian than LA guys, but apparently they're "fully" working on Fallen Heroes right now. If that's the case I guess the Third Expeditions game is still in kind of pre-production.

(Fabulously optimistically imagining Expeditions: Rome in Divinity Engine :cool:)

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Arulan Arbiter

Arulan
    Rome? I'd prefer a setting that isn't so widely used already. One of the many expeditions into Africa or Persia could be interesting

^ Top  
  5. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    I agree that more refreshing settings would be cool, but since there were indications this will be set in Rome.

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Barbarian Arcane

Barbarian
    Or maybe it means it isn't in the works.

Sad news I guess. They never really confirmed a third expeditions game, only that they were working on a game. Their divinity spin off means if there is ever a new expeditions that will be years from now.

^ Top  
  7. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    Wasn’t the Expeditions IP sold to a third party? Infinitron

• Yes Yes x 3
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    THQ Nordic to be exact.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The announcement made it sound like they were under contract to produce a third Expeditions game for THQ Nordic at some point. It wasn't just vague plans.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Hard to think they can go full throttle on two projects at once, though.

It's still possible we'll get the Divinity game, then a third Expeditions game with a reasonable budget via Nordic. That's a pretty great timeline to be in, really.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. HeatEXTEND Cipher Patron

HeatEXTEND
    Like AoD and.......AoD?

^ Top  
  12. Arulan Arbiter

Arulan
    I wasn't speaking solely about RPGs. There are a lot of strategy and city-builder games set during the Roman Empire. It's not a terrible choice, I'd just like to see something less explored. Expeditions: Conquistadors for example was set in a time and place that I've wanted to see more of for a long time, and I still do. Kingdom Come: Deliverance recently made me really interested in Bohemia and its history.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)