Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is old and tired, we want a new one.

The current header is...?

• Perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for what it is.

• Much better than that shitty bird.

• Yeah that shitty bird sucked didn't it?

• Thank God that shitty bird is gone. That really sucked. Also it was shitty.

• I am very upset about Codex Democracy.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Lesifoere said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
ghostdog said:
codexbuttons2copy.png

codexbuttons1copy.png
:thumbsup:

I also favor this one.
Make room for the approval of a majestic horse.

Fucking Quality Poster

Andyman Messiah said:
Lesifoere said:
WhiskeyWolf said:

I also favor this one.
Make room for the approval of a majestic horse.

Definitely this one.

Oh, and I think a lot of you are going for 'Fallout' even though that is not what this site is about. Also, making the logo look old and obsolete is not good, it is tired and depressing. I liked the futuristic look the site had before all this upheaval.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
If you are going for an old school style, why don't use dithering and pixel fonts? instead of gradients?

botones.png

Melcar

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
Kosmonaut said:
If you are going for an old school style, why don't use dithering and pixel fonts? instead of gradients?

botones.png
Alright, changing my vote.

The Horse is fickle. He's like that horse in The Horse Whisperer that goes apeshit all of a sudden. One day The Horse could be all peaceful and thingies, eating his carrots and doing funny LPs, and the next he could be raping your dog and trampling your wife (or the other way around, because you never know).

MisterStone

Arcane
HEY

Perhaps someone would some good photoshop skills could put something together from this Ultima IV tileset? Use the letters in the tileset (originally these were used in the counters of stores to name the store) to spell out stuff, have little adventurer guys and troll guys hanging out at the RPG Codex Bar, you know what to do.

Or give me a general idea of the most efficient way to do this myself?

Have pity on an old man...

ultima4tilesetc64.jpg

This site has a bunch of these tilesets; I chose the C64 U4 tilesets, because the other one are too colorful, and these look the most like the original (I think they actually were ripped from the original.)

http://www.shatteredmoon.com/http://www ... /?q=node/5

Fens

Ford of the Llies
MisterStone said:
Perhaps someone would some good photoshop skills could put something together from this Ultima IV tileset?

probably still under copyright... EA did buy the whole package right ?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Melcar said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Kosmonaut said:

botones.png

The Horse is fickle. He's like that horse in The Horse Whisperer that goes apeshit all of a sudden. One day The Horse could be all peaceful and thingies, eating his carrots and doing funny LPs, and the next he could be raping your dog and trampling your wife (or the other way around, because you never know).
mysteryhorse.jpg

Fucking Quality Poster

Andyman Messiah said:
Melcar said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Kosmonaut said:

botones.png

mysteryhorse.jpg

:lol:

MisterStone

Arcane
Fens said:
MisterStone said:
Perhaps someone would some good photoshop skills could put something together from this Ultima IV tileset?

probably still under copyright... EA did buy the whole package right ?

You know, I just realized that by this logic, my avatar and pretty much every other one on this site is also a copyright violation. So unless you use the Ultima IV tiles to serve as some kind of logo that brands the site here and elsewhere, this probably won't be a problem.

I'm DL imagemagick. It's time to make this real dammit.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
DU, with these buttons it would be probably better if you put back the old background with the "RPG CODEX doesn't scale to your level" logo.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Those buttons look out of place.

They look like the old ones were scaled and the font replaced with a fugly one.

The majority has vomited, though.

/butthurt about his buttons not being chosen

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Codex Layout: doesn't scale to your browser.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom