Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is old and tired, we want a new one.

The current header is...?

• Perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for what it is.

• Much better than that shitty bird.

• Yeah that shitty bird sucked didn't it?

• Thank God that shitty bird is gone. That really sucked. Also it was shitty.

• I am very upset about Codex Democracy.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
DarkUnderlord said:
Yeah, have to say the new buttons look like shit. All you retards that suggested them have piss-poor taste.

They looked good in a post :<

Fuck the Commodore 64 thing, the bird is awesome!
codexeagle1.png

codexeagle2.png
Looks pretty good with a retro font.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Nice bird, but what the fuck does it have to do with the codex? A horse would make more sense! Anyway, if DU decides to go with it at least position the bird to the left of the text, center stage looks absolutely fucking awful.

edit: actually, remove the big RPG CODEX text altogether but keep "doesn't scale..."

Still prefer the floppy though. Simple and blinking.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
New bird-logo is fucking awesome. Anyone who says it's not is just non-conformist.

Only thing missing is something pretentious in latin in the circle around the die.

andyman is experiencing the apprehension towards anything remotely associated with the third reich that's hammered well into every swede.

southern swede I should say, since we've got luzur

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
No, I just have much higher standards when it comes to awesome.

And why should I give a shit about the Third Reich? That's like giving a shit about a homeless man sitting on a broom in an attempt to climax. We all have our problems.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Droog White Smile said:
Fuck the Commodore 64 thing, the bird is awesome!
Looks pretty good with a retro font.

Ladies and gentlemen, we almost have a wiener. Only the background would need to get fixed - black doesn't fit, and for the transparent one the letters would have to be a little darker, I think.

spacemoose

Erudite
great minds think alike
spacemoose said:
^^^^^
:salute:

maybe the iron eagle with the swastika replaced by the die in the (former) codex logo. that's pretty cliche but I can't think of anything else right now

also I don't think it makes sense to add any text to the circle since it's going to be too small to read and make the logo even busier than it already is.

I'd make the eagle a bit more blocky and "iconic" but really I'm very happy to get the eagle logo at all. lefthandblack u are a true bro

Hory

Erudite
There's nothing wrong with the wings being extended, there's plenty of room horizontally. Just put the damn die in the bird's talons directly. The circle + repeated "RPG CODEX" takes up too much vertical space. Also, I feel that this "righteous prestigiousness" is a good direction to take the template towards. This logo is also better aligned centrally rather than top-left. Also, there's a shitload of useless stuff under the forum buttons, particularly the news.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
birdofhope2.gif
?

looks like he's hatching an egg

nah... better with the ring

btw. the bird's rather nude for a distinguished member of the society
birdofhope3.gif

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, I dunno.

What if the bird was holding a 3.5 inch floppy?

And I'd probably lay it out something like this:

image5ro.jpg

image1tf.jpg

Only with graphics that made it all fit together.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, way too fucking big. And that colour seems wrong.

Ho-ho-ho, you brightened the text you crafty bugger.

DarkUnderlord said:
Yeah, way too fucking big.
How about you remove the latest news thingie instead? Nobody needs it anyway (I personally have it adblocked).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom