Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This situation is shite [Serious Discussion]

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Imagine if the plot of the film "Groundhog Day" was centered around April Fools day. The jokes would stop being funny in a few repeated days, right? well this is what's happening now. If the admins don't give a crap about the forum then they should delete it right away. But why keep this charade? because well, they hate the userbase but they love money, and although it's a chore to moderate a forum, it's needed to keep the shekels coming.

RPG Codex is suffering of the same issue that afflicts many modern corporations; a total contempt for their customers. Because "contempt" is the word that best describes what they're doing right now. 2 days? well it's funny. A whole week? yeah, they're trying to kill the hard work but not the revenue. They still have the gall to beg you for money:

The server that runs the Codex (and some others) is financed from advertising income as well as donations. It costs us a few hundred bucks a month to keep the place online. To provide an incentive for Codex users to give us their money, we've put a system in place that gives some benefits to donors. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, donating now comes with benefits!

You can see a list of benefits below, all which you can spend potato on (potato is currency on Codex due to the many Poles). Getting potato is easy:
  1. Donate to one of our active campaigns in order to receive potato.
  2. Spend potato below on benefits like ad-free status or a custom avatar.

So here's what I propose to everybody fed up with this. First, you already know you can block them ads. And we don't have avatars anymore, so why keep donating? they don't want to maintain a forum, I reckon they don't need much money to maintain a blog which is what ultimately the site will become. Stop donating, leave the forum, and if you don't, start posting disrupting and illegal content. Just make them moderate the shit out of you. Make newer burner accounts, post more illegal shit that get them in trouble. They don't want to? well, they have 2 choices; reverting the situation or deleting the forum. I think we can all agree that the current situation is a waste of time. When not even developers can advertise their stuff and communicate with the userbase properly, you know you've created a mess. The whole process of discussion (what forums are about) is in total disruption, and if I wanted a shitter 4chan, I'd go to 4chan.

So that's what I'm proposing, go woke dumb go broke, let them lie in their own bed. Maybe that's what they need, to have a serious job to start appreciating some things in life.

Peace out.

mondblut

Arcane
The thought of these people popping champagne and cheering "power to the people, we sticked it to the man, viva la revolucion" is a sufficient incentive to keep things as they are just to spite them.

Swigen

Arbiter
This is one of my favorite orgasm contraction gifs. I think if you wanna see spontaneous orgasm contractions the best place to look is vids where the woman is using a Hitachi Wand.

Mortmal

Arcane
Its still up cause of ad revenues and free steam keys .It's run by people who dont give fuck about rpg and even less about the resident of the forums so who is really surprised ? Just launched steam and see "rpgcodex offcial" curator recommendedyet another game (legionary)no one ever discussed about .

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
If you thought for a moment that the actions of DarkUnderlord were for anything but his personal amusement, you need to rethink your life. Money and contempt for users have nothing to do with it. RPGCodex is DU's fidget spinner.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Its still up cause of ad revenues and free steam keys .It's run by people who dont give fuck about rpg and even less about the resident of the forums so who is really surprised ? Just launched steam and see "rpgcodex offcial" curator recommendedyet another game (legionary)no one ever discussed about .

Wait, is that the text-based fighting game about being a single legionary in Scipio's army? That has a thread and is one of the few fresh ideas worth my money lately.

Mortmal

Arcane

Wait, is that the text-based fighting game about being a single legionary in Scipio's army? That has a thread and is one of the few fresh ideas worth my money lately.
Really , its not in curator list cause he sucks infinitron's dick ? Might have to try it then .

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I hate when people say 'shite'. It's stupid. The word is shit. Shit. Say it with me. S-H-I-T. Stop needlessly putting an e at the end of a perfectly good word.

Stupid Europeans.

Swigen

Arbiter

Understaaaaaaand... this is the waaaaaaiiiting rooom of hell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom