Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Three Kingdoms: The Last Warlord (Q4 - 2019)

Latro

Arcane
Hi.

There's this game coming out May 25th, but I do not speak mandarin.

But it looks interesting.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/577230/Three_Kingdoms_The_Last_Warlord/

just letting u know

Three Kingdoms: The Last Warlord is a Turn-based strategy game.
The game is based on the famous Chinese historical novel by Luo Guanzhong (about AD1330 - 1400).

The Three Kingdoms (AD 220–280) was the tripartite division of China between the states of Wei, Shu, and Wu. The novel deals with the plots, personal and military battles, intrigues, and struggles of these states to achieve dominance for almost 100 years.

Features in game:
2D Turn-based strategy.
1) Includes offline and online modes.
Online mode supports player VS player in several ways, Officer dual and Battlefield combat etc.
2) Over 1000 officers based on novels and history
3) Over 200 special abilities for officers.
4) Over 400 treasures based on novels and history.
5) Over 300 position official position based on novels and history
6 The officer can be knighted the rank of nobility.
7) Family tree system and train your successor.
8) Over 40 troop/unit types.
9) Over 50 cities in ancient China, over 100 specialties.
10) Weather and disasters based on novels and history. .
11) Hordes and Liberation based on novels and history. .
12) Technology system based on novels and history. .
13) Rich random events.
14) Classic 2D battlefield and siege.
15) Modding supported. You can create your favorite characters, battlefield maps, scenarios by using our official MOD editor.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If the Chinese keep on releasing interesting stuff, I might have to bite the bullet on the language learning.
After all, I was able to learn the basics of the clusterfuck that is Finnish, so I'm pretty sure I can learn the basics of every language :lol:

dehimos

Augur
The English version was prepared, but has been delayed. http://steamcommunity.com/games/577230/announcements/detail/1260291629385865025

Sorry to let you know, our English version will be delay in weeks. We have finished translations, but the most of English words are longer than Chinese, so we have to adjust the new Ui to fit it.
As Steam requires, we can not tick "English supported" that shows on the store page unless we offer a playable version. So we have removed the "English supported" temporary.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would get this, but the time period is a few centuries too late for me. Too bad, so sad.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
The game looks exactly like Romance of the Three Kingdoms 6 with different graphics. Kind of uninteresting.

laclongquan

Arcane
I would get this, but the time period is a few centuries too late for me. Too bad, so sad.

Well, the exact period is overdone already~ Might as well try this "late game" period is normally way lacking in characters.
3%20kingdoms%20last%20warlord_zps7svmnvuc.png

The world map look very interesting~

Last edited:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
The game looks exactly like Romance of the Three Kingdoms 6 with different graphics. Kind of uninteresting.
I'm a stupid fucking idiot who will buy this shit, why am I even trying to kid myself? I just hope it's easy to mod scenarios. I don't like all those empty cities on the map.

One of the strategies that was really cool in the earlier games was that you could lower the loyalty of officers in a particular city, and then convince them to revolt, forming an entirely new force. Then you could pick them off and recruit them much easier. I loved doing that and I hope you can do it in this one.

Last edited:

Latro

Arcane
latest version is out. grab it for $7.50, they're raising the price on release in early 2018.

eric__s u should buy it and tell us what u think mr. bitcoin

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Three Kingdoms? Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Chinese history ended with Wang Mang and didn't resume until Mao Ze Dong.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This actually is translated into English apart from flavor text like the officer bios. I haven't gotten too deep into it, but it looks promising so far for a game still in early access.

Latro

Arcane
Dear supporters
We have just signed a contract with a professional game translation company.
A better and professional english translation will come to our game, approx. Jan 2018

Jinn longyou does what tales of wuxia won't

Jinn

Arcane
Jinn longyou does what tales of wuxia won't

It's great news! A translation in a month sounds a little overly optimistic however. Either way, does anyone know if this game is actually good shit?

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I played it for a half hour and it looks very much like a Koei game except with more emphasis on developing your cities. I have no idea if it actually is good or not, but they're not shy about shamelessly ripping off ROTK so I think that's a good sign.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I think I'll wait for the first signs of the new translation before buying it. It looks like a spreadsheet simulator - which means it's true to it's roots ;)

Latro

Arcane
A Letter to supporters
also a description of our follow-up plan

Foreword: Up to October 24, our studio’s indie strategy game "the Last Warlord" has sold more than 86,000 copies in the entire platform (PC + IOS). We would like to express our sincere thanks for your enthusiastic support. Now we share our follow-up development plan with you and give a brief explanation.

1: Major update – art
In order to improve the overall quality of the game, we have now started a complete revolution of the interface.
1) New avatars.
2) New world map.
3) New UI and icons.
4) New models of troops.
5) New battlefields.

2: Major update – music and sound effects
Currently, we are coordinating with professional music studios for a complete replacement of music and sound effects to enrich the music performance and enhance the game experience.

3: Functions:
We want to realize the following functions:
Note: The following content is arranged in no particular order. It is mainly based on human resource allocation, system relevance and difficulty.
1) Debate System: presented in the form of a mini traditional Three Kingdoms card game.
2) In-city system: In the main city, you can click on the buildings and enter them. They will be opened one by one. Now we give priority to Tavern and Market:
A) The Tavern system:There are three buttons: [Rumors], [Banquet], [Interact]
i) [Banquet]: You can invite several officials to drink. Banquet can improve their Loyalty and Intimacy with the ruler. The Intimacy between the participating officials can also be improved.
ii) [Interact]: you can talk with, fete and give gifts to free officials who have been found through Exploration and have moved to your city to improve his Intimacy.
B) Market system: ([Rumors], [Loan], [Trade])
i) [Trade]: You can invest in special products that your force has developed to increase its production. You can also purchase specialties here.
3) Duel system: 1VS1 and many VS many will be available. Besides, it will be applied in the Skill Intrude.
4) Automatic combat: a mini-game played in a chessboard, including troop formations.
5) “Emperor of Han” system: You can pay tribute to the Emperor of Han and improve the relationship between your force and the royal court. Tribute point are accumulated, and with it, you can buy official positions, increase your Reputation, eliminate your Infamy and designate targets as the public enemies; (Note: the Emperor of Han can initiate a contest of martial arts).
6) Optimization of strategic AI: We will add strategic AI for computers and optimize their internal and diplomatic strategies;
7) Officers’ features V2.0: We will add special skills to famous officers (e.g. Guan Yu, Zhuge Liang). Generals and counsellors will be given different special tactics.
8) Minister-Advice system: The three major ministers will give advices to the player from time to time, assisting the player’s decision-makings and operations.
9) Multiple Endings: Depending on the statistics of your completed game, different endings will be reached.
10) Ethnic groups, rebels and bandits: Rebels and bandits will harass and plunder your city randomly. You need to suppress them regularly. Occupying villages of ethnic groups can give you a certain period of steadiness.
11) Provincial governor: You can appoint a provincial governor to administer multiple cities. This position is between the ruler and the prefect.
Courage. 16:17:31
12) Martyr's Shrine and the Title of Nobility: You can give a title to a deceased military commander posthumously.
13) Steam Workshop will be available;
14) Assassin function: You can send swordsmen to perform assassination and rescue captures;
15) Optimization of game performance: Search events and Proposals will appear in progress. In addition, the monthly report briefing will be presented in the form of a chart.
16) Haras and Press: They produce horses and books respectively.
Conclusion: The above are the functions included in our follow-up development plan. By sending this letter to you, we want you know that we never stop. We are striding forward more confidently. We are determined to make "the Last Warlord" a milestone of Three-Kingdoms-themed stand-alone games and a new classic appreciated by you players!

it's received the ENG translation and been through about a year's worth of patches since I last checked. 86K sold is pretty good for a chinese indie early access.

oh, and steam workshop for modz.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So? How has it shaped up? How does it compare to RoTK ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom