Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titan Outpost Release Thread

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I feel like I have been wronged. I was planning to leave work early today and play Titan Outpost. But now, because of Steam, I cannot. I am greatly disappointed. Steam must apologise to me.

Also, can the player side with the Chinese, or are they railroaded into being the enemy in this game no matter what?

Rules Lawyer

Literate
I feel like I have been wronged. I was planning to leave work early today and play Titan Outpost. But now, because of Steam, I cannot. I am greatly disappointed. Steam must apologise to me.

Also, can the player side with the Chinese, or are they railroaded into being the enemy in this game no matter what?

I had an easy day ahead of me and was planning on spending the last couple hours of my workday playing Titan Outpost. I was even going to crack open the bottle of whiskey in my drawer and have a little bit.

Instead now I have to work more. What a shitload of fuck.

(I'm self employed before anyone jumps on me for my statements. What am I gonna do, fire myself?)

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Still nothing. I have gotten a message stating that they're busy and that they appreciate my patience. I, in turn, appreciate yours.

You certainly can.

Rules Lawyer

Literate
Still nothing. I have gotten a message stating that they're busy and that they appreciate my patience. I, in turn, appreciate yours.

You certainly can.

You've got ours. No worries. The game looks quite interesting. I look forward to playing. Day 1 purchase.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any word from Steam? I hate how opaque and slow the review process can be, having gone through it myself on my own (much smaller and simpler) project. I released on Itch.io, too, which was a much smoother process. Steam does have its benefits, though.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Any word from Steam? I hate how opaque and slow the review process can be, having gone through it myself on my own (much smaller and simpler) project. I released on Itch.io, too, which was a much smoother process. Steam does have its benefits, though.

I just got word. They didn't bother going through the tutorial and got stuck, so they couldn't 'verify some features as being integrated into the game'. I sent them a few save games in cheat mode. Also, they were testing it for controllers, which led to a full page report on how it was unplayable with a controller. I specifically stated 'keyboard & mouse only' in the review notes. I've been put back in the queue. Earliest possible release August 11th. FML.

Yes, it is vague, slow and a bit redundant as they had already approved a previous build. They are really friendly, though, and I'm sure things will work out.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer

I just got word. They didn't bother going through the tutorial and got stuck, so they couldn't 'verify some features as being integrated into the game'. I sent them a few save games in cheat mode. Also, they were testing it for controllers, which led to a full page report on how it was unplayable with a controller. I specifically stated 'keyboard & mouse only' in the review notes. I've been put back in the queue. Earliest possible release August 11th. FML.

Yes, it is vague, slow and a bit redundant as they had already approved a previous build. They are really friendly, though, and I'm sure things will work out.

Haha I had a similar experience. I ticked the "subtitles" box and they kicked it back to me with a page about how written dialogue doesn't constitute subtitles, therefore I must further delay release. They were nice about it and explained how to resolve the issue, though, which seems to mirror your experience. Ultimately it all works out fine, even though the process is opaque and stupid at times.

Codex Year of the Donut

Steam has quality control?!

Black Angel

Arcane

In the meanwhile, why not try contacting itch.io and see if you can release sooner there? I'm sure a lot of our bros here are wanting to scratch some.... itch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom