Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titan Outpost Release Thread

Citizen

tKBEXG2.png

Gigachad's adventure begins.

So it really is all about the wrists in the chad theory :makesuthink:

Rules Lawyer

Literate
How do I fix the communications array? I'm confused on this point. When I go outside, I see what appears to be a comm tower laying on its side, but clicking on it does not do anything.

I tried to make my character similar to myself, so I made him a coffee addict :D

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
How do I fix the communications array? I'm confused on this point. When I go outside, I see what appears to be a comm tower laying on its side, but clicking on it does not do anything.

I tried to make my character similar to myself, so I made him a coffee addict :D

Nice. Make sure you get some coffee seeds, then! Coffee addicts start out with a large supply of coffee, but it will eventually run out.

That's not the communications tower. That's a hydrokinetic pump under construction. The radio tower is on top of the Outpost hill. Go out the door, and walk right a bit, then walk up the hill. You'll run into it, slightly north of the vent above the entrance door.

The patch will also feature help screens with clear instructions, by the way. I tried making a tutorial that encouraged players to try things and explore, but judging from the reactions on Steam, I didn't do a good job of that and not everybody likes guesswork.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Nice. Make sure you get some coffee seeds, then! Coffee addicts start out with a large supply of coffee, but it will eventually run out.

That's not the communications tower. That's a hydrokinetic pump under construction. The radio tower is on top of the Outpost hill. Go out the door, and walk right a bit, then walk up the hill. You'll run into it, slightly north of the vent above the entrance door.

The patch will also feature help screens with clear instructions, by the way. I tried making a tutorial that encouraged players to try things and explore, but judging from the reactions on Steam, I didn't do a good job of that and not everybody likes guesswork.

I'm out of town until next week (I left just before the release), but I need to know: can you drink tea in this game? I feel it will break the immersion if my character drinks disgusting bean water.

Rules Lawyer

Literate
I think the rover is bugged. Most of the time I cannot get my character to sit down so I can drive. Most of the time, he just walks on top of the seat. Also, on the one time I did get him to sit down and drive, I couldn't figure out how to actually drive, and ended up dying of hunger. Do I have to manually tell my character to eat? How? Also, I have the hydroponics powered yet they aren't growing any food?

I feel like I need instructions or something. Also, I think it would really help if clickable objects/areas lit up or had some way of indicating that they're clickable. I'm just sort of blindly clicking on things.

I built the pump and want to get to resource collecting, dammit. Plus I have that science site to check out that I found out about by persuading the boss.

Rules Lawyer

Literate

I'm out of town until next week (I left just before the release), but I need to know: can you drink tea in this game? I feel it will break the immersion if my character drinks disgusting bean water.

Tea? You must be a terrorist. Or British.

V_K

Arcane

I'm out of town until next week (I left just before the release), but I need to know: can you drink tea in this game? I feel it will break the immersion if my character drinks disgusting beanTe water.

Tea? You must be a terrorist. Or British.
Tearrorist.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Guys, don't get carried away please. The question here is not about which beverage is better (it is tea, tho); each is enjoyable on its own accord. What we have to keep in mind is that there is a grave offender to both equally which must be eliminated: the dirty peasant that poisons them with sweeteners and artificial flavouring.
Want some sugar for your coffee?
Melon-scented tea, perhaps?
Well, why don't you wash it down with some cyanide, you sub-human piece of shit.

Oh, by the way, congratulations on the release, MF! Waiting for that first patch before diving into the game.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I think the rover is bugged. Most of the time I cannot get my character to sit down so I can drive. Most of the time, he just walks on top of the seat. Also, on the one time I did get him to sit down and drive, I couldn't figure out how to actually drive, and ended up dying of hunger. Do I have to manually tell my character to eat? How? Also, I have the hydroponics powered yet they aren't growing any food?

I feel like I need instructions or something. Also, I think it would really help if clickable objects/areas lit up or had some way of indicating that they're clickable. I'm just sort of blindly clicking on things.

I built the pump and want to get to resource collecting, dammit. Plus I have that science site to check out that I found out about by persuading the boss.

The rover seat thing came up with one of the testers. Double clicking on it helps most of the times. The sweet spot was already increased, but I'll make it larger still. If something is clickable, a green sphere appears on the cursor.

You die of hunger when you're out of food. A powered hydroponics system will do you no good if your crops have already withered and died, you will need to reseed them first.
An easy way to get seeds is from the crashed lander.
It's designed to run out unless you act. So you either need to get food from the Hesiod's consignment, buy some off one of the contractors or grow new crops.

Detailed instructions will be added in the patch. You're not the only one who needs them and I misjudged how the tutorial pans out for most players.

can you drink tea in this game?
Yes, at Tuxing Liu. You can't make it yourself.

The two Steam reviews so far are rather scathing.
I'm afraid these reviews are spot-on. This game really needs an early access period to resolve bugs and improve the game.
So far I have managed to complete some of the early quests, but really getting things running isn't working out and I get punished for being a bad employee when the first ship comes by.

Some of the issues I encountered:
-When doing the Radio Tower mission, the resolution does not always trigger despite having climbed all the way to the top of the Radio Tower.

-The Rover seems to have a hard time stopping. After getting a message that you reached a point of interest and clicking 'Stop Rover', the timer just keeps running and you cannot get out. When you go back to the map view, you'll see that the Rover just appears to have ignored the stop command and has continue to drive until out of charge.

-If the Drone can use way-points, why can't you tell the Rover to just go to the relevant destination - like the Outpost - without having to exactly steer it in the right direction ?!

-The 'Low Torque' or basically 'Car Trouble' event often causes the Rover to wind up on a different place on the map.

-I don't see how to 'man' either the construction or research station. Now I wind up just letting my character sleep to pass the time and progress construction or research. This is really annoying since you quickly need to get the base up and running for the first shipment. There doesn't appear to be any time to try out things, you really need to get Methane production up and running asap.

-Excavating spaces in your base, does not appear to yield any Minerals (or it's really rare to find them) ?!

-There's no feedback on whether the Methane Tank you hooked up, after much effort, is actually getting filled up.

-Extra Stat Point not shown after picking a Trait which gives you an additional Stat Point. This doesn't prevent you from spending the extra point though and it will show up after rummaging around with the Skill Points.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
The two Steam reviews so far are rather scathing.
I'm afraid these reviews are spot-on. This game really needs an early access period to resolve bugs and improve the game.
So far I have managed to complete some of the early quests, but really getting things running isn't working out and I get punished for being a bad employee when the first ship comes by.

Some of the issues I encountered:
-When doing the Radio Tower mission, the resolution does not always trigger despite having climbed all the way to the top of the Radio Tower.

-The Rover seems to have a hard time stopping. After getting a message that you reached a point of interest and clicking 'Stop Rover', the timer just keeps running and you cannot get out. When you go back to the map view, you'll see that the Rover just appears to have ignored the stop command and has continue to drive until out of charge.

-If the Drone can use way-points, why can't you tell the Rover to just go to the relevant destination - like the Outpost - without having to exactly steer it in the right direction ?!

-The 'Low Torque' or basically 'Car Trouble' event often causes the Rover to wind up on a different place on the map.

-I don't see how to 'man' either the construction or research station. Now I wind up just letting my character sleep to pass the time and progress construction or research. This is really annoying since you quickly need to get the base up and running for the first shipment. There doesn't appear to be any time to try out things, you really need to get Methane production up and running asap.

-Excavating spaces in your base, does not appear to yield any Minerals (or it's really rare to find them) ?!

-There's no feedback on whether the Methane Tank you hooked up, after much effort, is actually getting filled up.

-Extra Stat Point not shown after picking a Trait which gives you an additional Stat Point. This doesn't prevent you from spending the extra point though and it will show up after rummaging around with the Skill Points.

You're right. Thanks for reporting these. We tested the game in stages, which wasn't a good move. The testing team is back and a couple of people on Steam are providing me with extremely useful feedback as well. Unfortunately Steam won't let me change to Early Access. They have advised me to keep a low profile until things are mostly resolved and to keep the community in the loop.

Working on resolving these issues as we speak, except:

-Telling the rover to navigate is not possible for various reasons, among which is encouraging exploration, but I might make this optional.
-Car Trouble event has been fixed.
-Manning one of the stations is done by selecting it from the drop-down menu in the timelapse panel. It's in the upper right corner. It says 'You are at the Outpost, you can work on:' Selecting one of those options will automatically update the timeline with the adjusted time to complete.
-Finding minerals while excavating is rare and depends on logistics and exploration. Its primary purpose is to clear space for your base modules.
-What do you mean when you say no feedback on the methane tank? You see a prompt telling you the action was successful, the crate and two hoses connecting the pump to the tank when it's done appear in the isometric view, and you see a pumping methane icon on the world map. What kind of feedback were you looking for?

[/QUOTE]
You're right. Thanks for reporting these. We tested the game in stages, which wasn't a good move. The testing team is back and a couple of people on Steam are providing me with extremely useful feedback as well. Unfortunately Steam won't let me change to Early Access. They have advised me to keep a low profile until things are mostly resolved and to keep the community in the loop.

Working on resolving these issues as we speak, except:

-Telling the rover to navigate is not possible for various reasons, among which is encouraging exploration, but I might make this optional.
-Car Trouble event has been fixed.
-Manning one of the stations is done by selecting it from the drop-down menu in the timelapse panel. It's in the upper right corner. It says 'You are at the Outpost, you can work on:' Selecting one of those options will automatically update the timeline with the adjusted time to complete.
-Finding minerals while excavating is rare and depends on logistics and exploration. Its primary purpose is to clear space for your base modules.
-What do you mean when you say no feedback on the methane tank? You see a prompt telling you the action was successful, the crate and two hoses connecting the pump to the tank when it's done appear in the isometric view, and you see a pumping methane icon on the world map. What kind of feedback were you looking for?
[/QUOTE]
When using the Keyboard to move the Rover around, no mishaps occur. I only run into problems when using the mouse to navigate the Rover. Does that make any sense to you ?!

It seems I totally missed the time-lapse panel, I'll have a look at that.

Excavating spaces does occasionally yield minerals, it's just random I guess. On one occasion I excavated 3 spaces in a row and did not get any minerals, whereas the first excavation on another play-through did give me minerals. I did notice some minerals lying when scouting the Outpost.

With regards to the Methane tank, I did succesfully hook up the tank. This was confirmed in the mission log, as the relevant mission was completed. You can see feedback about the pump's throughput, but I would also like to see to what extend the Methane tank has been filled. I guess that's because management is really breathing down your neck to make the first deliveries.

Note that in my current playthrough, the Drone is at Feia Lacus according to the relevant screen, but I cannot set any waypoint - so the Drone just seems stuck there. If I take the Rover and actually visit Feia Lacus, then I see the Methane Tank and the Pump, but the Drone isn't there.

Some random bugs:
-I once set out from the Outpost using the Rover and when I opened the navigation panel it showed me that I was heading out from Feia Lacus ?!
-The construction panel appears to show the last item created with a percentage, despite no work being done (seems a cosmetic issue).
- Construction time does not always match the actual time necessary. For instance I was excavating moar space in the Base and I think also building the Haber installation outside. The completion time for those is the same or close, but after being idle/sleeping for 12 hours (I know I really need to use the time-lapse panel), the excavation progressed way more then expected whereas progress on the Haber installation was normal/slow.

Some whining:
-I feel that ideally the mission about exploring other methane lakes, should come up after successfully getting your first load of Methane from Feia Lacus. That would make for some friendlier pacing of the game.

To close off on a positive note, despite all the issues the game has managed 'to draw me in' and I really like the premise and the setting of the game.

I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of things after getting the waypoints for the Drone right and actually utilizing the Time Panel. Now I have something like 180 Methane days before the first delivery is due :).

:incline:

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
To close off on a positive note, despite all the issues the game has managed 'to draw me in' and I really like the premise and the setting of the game.
Thanks, that means a lot right now.
I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of things after getting the waypoints for the Drone right and actually utilizing the Time Panel. Now I have something like 180 Methane days before the first delivery is due :).

Alright! Thanks for the bug report, too. Still hard at work over here.
You can completely ignore the whole methane mining thing after a while if you want. There's three other ways of finishing the game.

Rules Lawyer

Literate

You can completely ignore the whole methane mining thing after a while if you want. There's three other ways of finishing the game.

I really enjoy the premise and setting as well. Please continue to work at addressing the issues, because this game deserves the effort.

Many indie games are kind of just more of a generic genre game. This is something unique and different.

What would be the best way to report bugs ?

Note that now that I have managed to get my bearings in the game, I'm discovering more and more interesting stuff.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Just rolled out the second patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom