Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titanfall 2 is insanely good

Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy
Unrivaled speed, mobility, and verticality

Arsenal of 34 pilot weapons with amazing feedback and sound

RedEnragedBobolink-size_restricted.gif

Six classes of Mechs with 9 weapons and 24 abilities

giphy.gif

S3of.gif

Memorable singleplayer campaign

Titanfall-2-beta-sign-up.gif

Skill based multiplayer with no ranked matchmaking

(
largest killstreak I ever got in an FPS was 28)

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't play online but I enjoyed the singleplayer very much. It was really short, because the online was the focus I'd guess, but I got it for $10 so it was fine value wise. Highly recommended.

ultimanecat

Arcane
Bought this for $5 a few months ago. Unfortunately it’s something like a 30 gb download, and even with decent internet that’s still more than I care to download right now for an 8 hour single player campaign and multiplayer I’ll ignore.

Still, I hear good things, so I’ll get to it eventually.

Puteo

Learned
The singleplayer campaign makes a strong contender for GOAT and the MP was excellent.

It's such a shame that the company went in the direction of the heavily dumbed-down Apex Legends instead of making a proper sequel

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Bought this for $5 a few months ago. Unfortunately it’s something like a 30 gb download, and even with decent internet that’s still more than I care to download right now for an 8 hour single player campaign and multiplayer I’ll ignore.

Life in potato land is a harsh existence.

ultimanecat

Arcane
Try buying Mass Effect: Andromeda for like $4 before realizing its a 70 gb download and there’s no way you’re going to double-click that icon just to play Autism Simulator 2017.
:negative:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I mean the other option is don't play games that are on Uplay

I don't care about it anywhere near that much. Any client I run is minimized in the system tray with all in-game stuff turned off anyway, so which one it is barely matters. The Epic client is honestly kind of nice so far in that none of the games require the client to even be running, which is rare on Steam.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Better than Steam + Uplay, or Epic + Uplay, which are the other options.
In my experience Steam + Uplay is actually better than Uplay alone. I always have Steam opened so if any Uplay game needs update, it's already done in the background. Steam has regional pricing while Uplay store forces me to buy in euro. Steam allows download cancel for DLC while Uplay doesn't. The Uplay that is provided with Ubisoft's games on Steam is actually a lite version with no storefront, it's fairly unintrusive as only a splash image appears when you launch the game, and the entire thing stays in system tray when you're ingame. If you have spare steam wallet then you can use it to buy stuffs in Uplay games too.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The Uplay that is provided with Ubisoft's games on Steam is actually a lite version with no storefront, it's fairly unintrusive as only a splash image appears when you launch the game, and the entire thing stays in system tray when you're ingame.

I think you've told me this before (or someone else did) but mine launches the full Uplay client. I'm guessing it depends on whether you have the full one installed or not. Anyway, none of the other stuff you listed really effects me and like I said, I keep it all minimized and never touch it, so it doesn't really matter. If others would prefer Steam's features on top of some Uplay requirement, that's fine.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I´m halfway the campaign. It´s great. Nice movement, satisfying gameplay and the Titan gameplay is also good ang gives variety. Also the pacing of the missions is well thought out.

For only 4 EUR in the sales this is a steal.

This is the second nice surprise from EA this christmas after playing Mirror´s Edge 2 for 2 EUR.

orcinator

Liturgist
The campaign the closest a CoD has gotten to having a good campaign, what's holding it back is that it's so short it basically feels like a demo. For example you get time travel in that one part but all they do with it is make you press the time button after you jump off a platform and give you an instant get to safety button then after like an hour it's taken away.
MP might not be bad but it'd require me to pay money for it so I dunno how that shit goes.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bought this, I'd say the 90% off is absolutely the most it should ever have cost.

Honestly don't get the hype. It's a textbook, corridor-console shooter that's more movie than game, even on the highest difficulty.

I thought since this is made by the guys from the original Call of Duty, I was expecting an epic struggle similar to that game. This is much more like the MODERN WARFAER games. Press button, something awesome happens.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Honestly don't get the hype.
It's a surprisingly good marriage of quake and cod's gameplay
With mechs also thrown in - that despite being the polar opposite to the foot soldier's gameplay, it still meshes into the game quite well

It's a textbook, corridor-console shooter that's more movie than game
Patently false
Only the 1st and last levels have corridor level design and are more heavy on cutscenes

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Honestly don't get the hype.
It's a surprisingly good marriage of quake and cod's gameplay

There's nothing similar to Quake in here (except that they're both First Person Shooters.)

If anything, the gameplay is like Gears of War mixed with a bit of Super Mario - extremely linear and corridor-based, no scarcity of weapons or ammo, and an insane level of platform jumping. No wonder everyone only knows the kiddiez multiplayer version of this - Apex.

There's no freedom, no challenge, no ever wondering what to do next. It's a hand-holding simulator.

The mech part reminds me of the turret shooting part in Knights of the Old Republic, it's an afterthought.

Only the 1st and last levels have corridor level design and are more heavy on cutscenes

The entire game is a corridor. In the beginning, right after the crash, it gives you the illusion of some kind of open space but that fades very quickly.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
There's nothing similar to Quake in here
Movement

If anything, the gameplay is like Gears of War mixed with a bit of Super Mario
Wtf are you even talking about?
Both the level design and mechanics don't encourage "stop and pop" gameplay

no scarcity of weapons or ammo
Given the type of gameplay, resource management wouldn't make for a better experience

an insane level of platform jumping
It would be stupid for the game not to focus on platforming, considering it's movement mechanics

There's no freedom, no challenge, no ever wondering what to do next.
No freedom in what sense?
I found hard mode to be an enjoyable difficulty - not to punishing, but still challenging.
It's a linear action game. The player having to stop and think their goal isn't a common design feature of this genre.

The mech part reminds me of the turret shooting part in Knights of the Old Republic, it's an afterthought.
Nah it's quite good and fun
Each mech has it's own weapons and tools that all feed rather nicely to their role, making each loudout distinct
And it contrasts well with the soldier gameplay, because the mechs gameplay is more about planning than instinct

The entire game is a corridor.
Again, aside from the 1st and last level, the campgain's level design isn't corridor-based
If anything it's clearly arena-based

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom