Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ToEE Howto General

Dercik

Novice
How to temporarily remove/leave PC in co8 in temple+ 1.0.9?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Is there a way to edit skills outright, or view/edit skills by level?

You can do
Code:
game.party[x].obj_set_idx_int(obj_f_critter_skill_idx, skill_XXX, value)
Where
x - the party member's index (0 is leftmost in party portrait row)
skill_XXX is the skill enum, e.g. skill_appraise. You can also directly use a number instead - consult data\mes\skill.mes for which skill is which number.
value is the desired base skill level multiplied by 2.
Note that this sets the base skill level, ability modifiers will apply on top of that.

Not sure what you mean by 'edit skills by level'.

Endarire

Scholar
Greetings, Sitra!

What are the specific console commands to give a party member a feat? To remove a feat from a party member?

Thankee!

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Greetings, Sitra!

What are the specific console commands to give a party member a feat? To remove a feat from a party member?

Thankee!
game.party[x].feat_add(y)

Where y is either:
1. The feat enumeration for the ToEE base feats (see tpdata\templeplus\lib\templeplus\constants.py for a list of those)
2. The feat name for the new-style feats (see rules\feats inside the tpgamefiles.dat file, e.g. "Melee Weapon mastery - Slashing", which will be available in 1.0.30)

You can't easily remove feats.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sup guys. Using Temple+ with Co8 new content edition, everything works fine except that the walking animation speedup feature of Co8 doesn't work anymore now that I'm using Temple+. Help plz cause the speedup really helps making backtracking less annoying.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Sup guys. Using Temple+ with Co8 new content edition, everything works fine except that the walking animation speedup feature of Co8 doesn't work anymore now that I'm using Temple+. Help plz cause the speedup really helps making backtracking less annoying.
Use the console menu to select speedup level.

To bring up the console? Shift + ~
You'll then have a menu at the top, maybe under Cheats.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Use the console menu to select speedup level.

What's the proper commands for that?

vazha

Arcane
Cannot figure out how I am supposed to view my characters skill list - as in what do i have and how many ranks in them. Halp plox

Endarire

Scholar
vazha
Select the appropriate character, open your inventory, and click the other buttons at the top of the screen. (One is a hand/wand for magic.)

vazha

Arcane
Right. Another one: How do I recruit more than 5 people? I ve seen a lp on here that made this possible, and I have co8 new content so in order not to be overleveled I was thinking about starting with a 7 people party?

Endarire

Scholar
vazha
Use Co8 (I recommend the NC AKA New Content Version) and T+. In T+'s installer, set the PC/NPC ratio to Flexible.

vazha

Arcane
will the new content make my 7 people party overleveled or is it safe to play?

Endarire

Scholar
vazha
The new content occurs mostly after the main game. NC adds some minor low-level quests in and around Hommlet. Unless you purposely grind EXP in ToEE with an increased level cap, you're unlikely to reach level 19+. (The base game ends at 10, but there's a bit of new content until level 20. The current absolute max level is 50, which is far beyond what the game currently offers.)

vazha

Arcane
If I leave the level cap at 10 or say, raise it to 12, will I be able to tackle that Nu content with my 7 man army? Also, long long time since I ve played TOEE - can I get decent weaponry without resorting to crafting? Thinking about running two falchion wielding fighter / barb brutes

Sitra Achara

Arcane
If I leave the level cap at 10 or say, raise it to 12, will I be able to tackle that Nu content with my 7 man army? Also, long long time since I ve played TOEE - can I get decent weaponry without resorting to crafting? Thinking about running two falchion wielding fighter / barb brutes
You can probably do everything with a level 10 party, but why not allow yourself to level up? Also, you can change it midgame, so you can finish vanilla content at 10 and uncap it afterwards.

As for weapons, no, you won't find good falchions except perhaps in the Co8 NC (and even then nothing special). The cool loot is mostly standard weapon types. OTOH crafting makes the late game easy, what with everyone packing +3 flaming holy axiomatic weapons.

vazha

Arcane
I abhor crafting in general, but I d hate to pick a weapon focus in a weapon and then not find a single good one for the whole game.

Endarire

Scholar
ToEE really expects you to self-craft magic gear if you want to be able to use what you want, instead of the few weapon types it prefers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom