Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

TOEE is orgasmic

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by anvi, Aug 1, 2019.

1. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    Damn, didn't work, it shows quests complete in the journal but the quest NPCs still ask me to do it. I think I need an item to prove I completed it too. Gonna have to wait for CO8 forum to help. In other news, I got ambushed by a huge random encounter of bandit rogues lead by a Robin Hood type character. Interesting, and really tough fight. My first few attempts had them kill my wizzy before I even got a turn. I don't like using raise dead because it lowers their XP so I just reloaded a few times until he survived and then it was a win.

^ Top  
  2. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    Funny that someone named jewboy is trying to convince people to use windows 10.

Don't listen to this, windows 10 is a dogshit operating system and temple+ runs fine on my windows 7 machine.

^ Top  
  3. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    Fuck it, I just uninstalled this. I enjoyed the mod to this point but this seems buggy and/or stupidly designed. Also making me wait 4 days to post on the forum and then another 1-2 days of don't give a shit replies, makes think it is not worth me trying to make it work if they don't even care about their own mod.

To explain the bug/mess: I tried every possible method to get the dialogue skill checks to work on a quest, it wasn't working. I was level 13. So I tried console cheats, gave myself 3 levels. Got Indimidation/Diplo up to about 23 ish (maxed for that level). Still didn't work. Gave myself another level, and used a feat to give improved skill and used that on diplomacy. Finally it worked. But at this point I am 4 levels higher which I didn't earn myself which makes me not care about the game anymore, and to do it legit I would have to load a savegame and grind 4 levels of random encounters which is insane.

It may be a bug, or it may be that it is designed to not work unless you have an absurdly high dialogue skill. But if that is true it seems bad to have a game about so many choices, yet force the player to max a certain skill. And there is no way to just skip the quest, and you can't get any other quests without getting past this one. So you hit a brick wall at level 13 and the only solution is to cheat or grind about 4 levels of random encounters without even knowing that you should. Only then can you get past this and get more quests.

TL-DR- Loved TOEE, Temple+ crashed a hell of a lot but overall was a big help, co8 was mostly a let down. I may play through it again in several more years once I forgot stuff and it will feel fresh again.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    ^ Top  
  4. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
  5. Lonely Vazdru Pimp my Title

Lonely Vazdru
    If you're talking about the kidnapped kids in the sewers, there is an item ("crown of discernment" or something) that lets you pass the skill check easily. And AFAIR it's not necessary to finish it to get to the rest of the new content. I never had any problem finishing Co8 new content, whether I did all quests or not.

^ Top  
  6. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    I was wearing the crown, it gives more dialogue options in the first step. Then the guy walks away and you have to cast charm person on him. Which can work in one of two ways, but either way didn't seem to help. Then you have to talk to him again while charmed, and you get a chance to use diplomacy, intimidate, and some others. But they all fail even with max skill. I would have liked to skip it but I couldn't find any new quests. It is over now anyway. I spent a week to try to figure it out. Installing a new game although I was tempted to play IWD to compare.

^ Top  
  7. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    I agree with Lonely Vazdru, it sounds to me like your save is just good and FUCKED. I've never heard of someone having this much trouble with that part. If you're using windows 10 then you deserve all the bugs you get.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    Win7 becomes one big security hole in 4 months...

^ Top  
  9. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Works fine on Linux :positive:

• honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    Imagine believing microsoft's "support" means shit. I haven't enabled windows update in years.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Billy Pilgrim Novice

Billy Pilgrim
    Hey guys, do your merchants replenish their stock? I am playing the GOG version with Temple+

^ Top  
  12. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Nope, that's a known bug, fixed in Co8.

^ Top  
  13. Billy Pilgrim Novice

Billy Pilgrim
    Ah okay, thanks Sitra Achara.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)