Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tools

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Attachments

• TioTools.zip
    186.7 KB · Views: 1,235
Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Comparing protos.tab is a huge pain in the ass...

Neat thing I just found out in Beyond Compare: Select View->Alignment Details and it'll fold the tab spaces in the comparison bars below. Handy for comparing protos.tab files.

P.S. forgot to mention, but I looked into the Auto-save issue. The warning that it should be turned off is a relic from Livonya's mod in 2005, where some spawn scripts had indeed relied on first heartbeats to fire. It is true that first-heartbeat scripted don't fire if you load a save, which can prevent some "initialization" scripts (such as spawns) from going off if you load from an auto-save (since it is by definition a save from when you enter a map). Having said that, it seems like total bullshit to mandate turning off autosaves just because of that. I'll experiment with enabling always firing the first-heartbeat event, but it'll have to wait for the first post-release update.

Bottom line for now is that I recommend turning on autosave, just be aware that loading an autosave could cause some quirks if it's the first time you've entered the map.

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Neat thing I just found out in Beyond Compare: Select View->Alignment Details and it'll fold the tab spaces in the comparison bars below. Handy for comparing protos.tab files.

Hey, that is pretty cool. I hate dicking around with tab spacing in plain text data files.

I have Beyond Compare's endless demo installed (it's 30 days of actual use :)). It does do a lot more than WinMerge, which I'm lazily attached to. How is it for 3-way diffs? Most of the other tools I've tried hurt my brain with the presentation. I think it was P4merge that had a decent interface.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
IIRC you need the pro-version for 3 way diffs (or merges), which is $99. Haven't needed 3-ways much so far (Visual Studio does a decent job of merging code).

Heinous Hat

Scholar
What are you guys using to pack .dat files?

DAT tool won't run on this machine... it throws an exception. I'm assuming either I'm missing some library or it won't run on x64.

Tiopack works fine.

IIRC you need the pro-version for 3 way diffs (or merges), which is $99. Haven't needed 3-ways much so far (Visual Studio does a decent job of merging code).

Icemephit

Novice
i apologize in advance if this is a known issue, but I'm still pretty new here and couldn't seem to find an answer for this. Does anyone know if there is some kind of compatibility issue between tiotools(specifically tiopack.exe) and windows 10? While it seems to run alright, none of the .dat files ive made with it have been able to run and cause temple+ to crash while starting. (TioPack.exe /R was what i was calling) I tried unpacking tpgamefiles.dat and immediately repacking it, the command line seemed to add everything and the file size matched but the result of crashing at startup was the same. Log file shows that some of the textures are throwing errors saying they don't exist. I'm a little befuddled by this as i can see in the command prompt when they are added. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Icemephit

Novice
It runs fine on my win10 machine.

Perhaps you didn't pack the files with the correct path?

I had the 6 foulders (art, dlg, mes, rules, scr, sound) all inside a single folder called tpgamefiles and called TioPack.exe /R tpgamefiles.dat tpgamefiles\*.*
Is there anything wrong with this order?

edit: with said tpgamefiles in the same directory as TioPack.exe

Icemephit

Novice
It runs fine on my win10 machine.

Perhaps you didn't pack the files with the correct path?

I had the 6 foulders (art, dlg, mes, rules, scr, sound) all inside a single folder called tpgamefiles and called TioPack.exe /R tpgamefiles.dat tpgamefiles\*.*
Is there anything wrong with this order?

edit: with said tpgamefiles in the same directory as TioPack.exe
Yes, it'll retain the tpgamefiles\ in the file path (which is bad).

wait so it includes the relative filepath inside the .dat? The example it used for packing was
TioPack.exe /R data.dat data\*.*
had it meant to list each file/folder seperatly?

Ok you were right, i had to call each folder individually. Thanks for point that out I can start experimenting with making stuff now.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom