Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torchlight 2 is a MASSIVE incline

MetalCraze

Arcane
Compared to Diablo 3

Because it's what Diablo 3 is not - a sequel to Diablo 2

ZOMG you even have 3 skill trees where you can make choices and you can't unlock everything.... in a linear fashion!

You can even pick 4 stats which is zero times more than Diablo 3 - because when you multiply by zero you get zero.

Not only that but there is no health regen and even pots heal you slowly. And yeah - I even have to use them instead of dick-measuring "who collected more hundreds of HP pots"

Pets are p. cool too. Can learn spells, can be buffed or turned into monsters with special abilities for the duration of the buff.

And it has 6 player co-op and LAN and no error 37!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
What are the default pets in Torchlight 2? I thought the default pets in Torchlight 2 were lame, so I always spent time fishing for items that would permanently change my pet into something else.

You can even pick 4 stats which is zero times more than Diablo 3 - because when you multiply by zero you get zero.

:lol:

Sure is fun so far. Good old fast combat from Torchlight 1, improved attributes, more varied locations. I'm sure I'll love this for a long time.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Don Peste
I was hosting the game for a while but taking a break. Should just join prestigious CDS chat if you want to join the fun.
Sovard and Bruticis will host it later too

Albers

Educated
I keep looking for a server with a Codex-approved name (Bro-Fist? Kodex Kool Kids? Kwanzania?) but have come up empty.

Repressed Homosexual
The cel-shaded art style and dumb, out of place steampunk stuff really turns me off from this series. Shame, because the gameplay itself is top-notch.

Will probably get when it's 5$ or less.

I was unaware that wallowing in the same crap for 10+ years was incline. Diablo 3 suffers from the same stagnation-related issues. You'd think that they'd at least make the skill trees a bit more interesting than the fucking system they had in Diablo 2, but oh well.

Have fun with your hipster game, Skyway.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Torchlight is kewl, but this retarded pet-thing puts me off. They should add an option to disable them completely. I didn't give a shit about my pet in T1 and neither will I in T2.

catfood

AGAIN
Two things pissed me off about TL1:
1) it was piss easy even on the highest difficulty setting
2) the item generation was fucked up; dunno how to explain it but it felt wrong

Did they fix these issues in the sequel?

MetalCraze

Arcane
We've played on veteran and it certainly wasn't piss easy. It is certainly much much harder than HP pots collector simulation from Blizzard.

Item generation seems fine. During 19 levels I found myself switching multiple times to newer weapons instead of running with the same one for hours.

Enchantments make weapons last longer before you switch them to better ones but that's about it. One enchantment level makes the weapon like 5% better or so.

Enchantment is different in Torchlight 2. You can put limited amount of enchants on items (not sure what it depends on yet, so far it's max 1 enchantment on any item), but there's no more chance to disenchant item completely, at worst case you lose money on unsuccesful attempt. Much less exciting that way, but oh well, at least I won't be cursing myself for destroying cool items.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Veteran is a good challenge. Elite makes every trash right require careful use of abilities. As noted in the other threads the biggest problem with higher difficulties is lackluster boss design where everything is plagued with excessive add spawn and health bloat. The itemization is pretty much the same with the exception of bosses having some hard coded drops and sets being less random (although fairly rare). Anyone who wants to try it can get into the open beta this weekend by registering on Runic forums/get a Runic account.

Also, you can even make a shopping list for when your pet goes back to town and have it buy and bring back potions and such for you.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Played each class til around level 10~12 and I gotta say it's p. fun. Feels better and more varied than the first game.

Since this is probably the official Torchlight 2 thread I want to join in, as I am quite interested in the game. I disliked the cartoony style, but after watching a lot of vids and commentaries I like it, dungeons look nice, and even the overworld. At least it doesn't pretend to be grimdark like Diablo 3 when it really isn't. It's good to have a "merry" arpg.

Are there random events in the game, like some small things that happen even if you play through the game 5 times, but you still see something new? So I registered my runic accout, but I don't have the option to go for the beta, as I didn't get any beta key. I disabled the newsletter, so maybe because of that?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Some guy on the Beta forums just posted his attempt at a 'dark' mod. Looks pretty good so far.

Torchlight2%202012-05-19%2014-58-38-17.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom