Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #3: ZIETS ZIETS ZIETS

hiver

I finally managed to throw a hundred bucks at them too. Went for 75 $ tier. That leaves 25 for hookers and blow. Numenera seeker sounds just about right for me.

Where are we at?

$2,155,058

alriiight...

DeepOcean

Arcane
2.200,000 (today) + 100.000 x 25 days + 1.500,000 on the last 3 days = 6.200.000,00

Possible or wishful thinking?

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
More like 50-60x25 if the other kickasters are any indication. The 1,500,000spike is a maybe a bit enthusiast but possible.

Shadenuat

Arcane
what can they do with 6.2 million?
Babes.

Annah_artwork.jpg

all.jpg

Lots of babes.

as in, “TRUCKLOADS OF.”
Tons of Total Babes: This game will have lots of babes that make the player go “wow.” There will be fiendish babes, human babes, angelic babes, asian babes, and even undead babes. These babes will be present without nipple-age and will all regrettably behave within the TSR Code of Ethics.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
2.200,000 (today) + 100.000 x 25 days + 1.500,000 on the last 3 days = 6.200.000,00

Very wishful. PE did like 40-50K a day in the quiet period with an ending spike of one million (more than this coz ending spike actually lasts a week and we're not quite in the dropoff period yet). Matching that would put us at like 4.3 mil? But I think we'll do less than that.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well we all thought Torment was not going to perform as well as PE but we where greatly wrong for the first day. Then we though the early hype would fade quicker, but the second and third day were better than PE or W2 (Third day will do 210-230k). So for now i'm getting cautiously enthusiast on the fact that T:ToN might outperform the others even in the quiet phase.

jewboy

Arbiter

Very wishful. PE did like 40-50K a day in the quiet period with an ending spike of one million (more than this coz ending spike actually lasts a week and we're not quite in the dropoff period yet). Matching that would put us at like 4.3 mil? But I think we'll do less than that.

Seems like 3.7 - 4.3 mil including paypal may be a good guess. 4 million may be an upper bound for niche games like this. Over time this predictability should make it easier for both inXile and Obsidian to do long term planning. Of course once this current crop of games is actually released all bets are off.

Arkeus

Arcane
Of course once this current crop of games is actually released all bets are off.
Pretty much. If those games are successful it could greatly increase the amount of money Kickstarter projects could get. OTOH, if they suck...Well, this would probably not be good.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

You'll beat them if you follow their example and release a pretty 2D background. If you get my drift.

In the meantime, give us the fucking wallpapers.

hiver

08.03 the third day that just passed a few hours ago, brought in 252.082 dollars.

-edit- this is pretty fucking good.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
In the meantime, give us the fucking wallpapers.

Coming right up.

Weekends tend to be more quiet (from our KS research). We can slow down fine just now, if we slow down to a 40-50K range we'll be doing absolutely amazing, in my opinion.

Murk

Arcane
So, Colin's gonna LP P:Torment...

... I really hope this doesn't end in disaster, again.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So, Colin's gonna LP P:Torment...

... I really hope this doesn't end in disaster, again.

He should just do a BLOG and post his thoughts. And do this way later after he has some actual time. MCA just really does not have time for this.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Speaking of Kickstarters with no game really to show for them even though it's been a year since DFA and W2 started it all, whatever happened to Dead State?

But I think we'll do less than that.
Instead of predictions better go make Brian's coffee....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom