Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #51: Beta coming on January 17th, Itemization Info

Darkzone

Arcane
ksaun Speaking of inXile's ex-Obsidian contingent, did Tony Evans end up doing anything?
Much like the similar question about Brian Mitsoda, I don't think it's my place to comment on this (sorry).

Not a good PC answer since you cannot not communicate, such statements are always viewed with the the negative lense. A much better answer is direct it to the team effort as a whole. ;)
Or the best is to state that you have a non disclosure agreement with inXile where statements to specific question like this are part of this agreement. And if questions arise about this agreement then to state: The first rule of the fight club is.....
So you can basically jump to the to the fight club answer without mentioning the agreement.

Not a good PC answer since you cannot not communicate, such statements are always viewed with the the negative lense. A much better answer is direct it to the team effort as a whole. ;)

Can't imagine something looking more suspicious/ making negative impression than a snaky PR bullshit speak.

Darkzone

Arcane
Can't imagine something looking more suspicious/ making negative impression than a snaky PR bullshit speak.

He could answer with a polish: He had worked on the project. (translate here to polnish with all its meanings) And then add that the he cannot say more, because he is not an inxile employee anymore. KISS (Keep It Simple [and] Stupid)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Not sure if you guys seen this before, but I just listened to George Ziets geek out about what Numenera will be about. Pretty good stuff (even if it's about outdated by now)

Darkzone

Arcane
Ziets is a guy that can still make my hopes for Torment being good alive.
Ziets, McComb and Avellone is in my opinion a iso cRPG dream team. I mean Fallout 2 and PST were definitely not just some accidents, because two in a row a highly improbable. And if you add to the Avellone - McComb team the Ziets psycho emo flavor then they can create something that is frightening good. Or very bad if it is out of balance.
Btw.: What is this with all the tags and your brofist?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
thank God for Pillars of Eternity engine talented artists ! Look at how beautiful it looks!

The lower one's expectations, the more likely they'll find TTON to be a tolerable addition to the CRPG genre.
People that lower their expectations not to get disenchanted are the ones that care the most and it never works.

Ratio analysis? ROCE? Valuation? DCFM, DRIM?
fuck ya and you mumbo jumbo

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
thank God for Pillars of Eternity engine talented artists ! Look at how beautiful it looks!

The lower one's expectations, the more likely they'll find TTON to be a tolerable addition to the CRPG genre.
People that lower their expectations not to get disenchanted are the ones that care the most and it never works.

Not really. I lowered my expectations RE: PoE and I was able to appreciate the game without freaking out like most of Codex. I have already lowered my expectations over Torment following ksaun advice.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I haven't read any of this thread. I only hope the gameplay is as interesting as the world looks overall.
I also hope combat is good.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
There might be, but at least when I played the alpha the core codebase / feel of the engine reminded me of what I saw in the Pillars Documentary when they were having performance troubles.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
wJ7GOq6.png

Behold, Your Lord and Saviour Zietsus.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron

I hope so. If i'm not mistaken his job on MotB was closest to the current date than others. I mean Fallout 2 and PST were developed when Chris and others were young people in their 20s and also it was 90-x with it's own spirit.

Ziets, McComb and Avellone is in my opinion a iso cRPG dream team. I mean Fallout 2 and PST were definitely not just some accidents, because two in a row a highly improbable. And if you add to the Avellone - McComb team the Ziets psycho emo flavor then they can create something that is frightening good. Or very bad if it is out of balance.

People responsible for Fallout setting in first place are Leonard Boyarsky, Jason Andersen, Tim Caine, and others from the first team (though narrative in F2 is better than in F1, yes). They show same creativity in Arcanum and VTM Bloodlines, which i consider games with just great atmosphere and feel.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
So what would you prefer? Margin analysis for inXile, functional size measurement for the project? Ratio analysis? ROCE? Valuation? DCFM, DRIM? A forecast?

I mean certainly it is some sort of black magic which can't be performed :roll:

But still, such unwavering faith is refreshing. Would you be interested in hearing about a financial service my company is providing? Would be a perfect fit for a discerning customer such as you sir. The initial investment may seem high, but the potential returns are immense. You just need a little bit of faith!

Darkzone

Arcane
People responsible for Fallout setting in first place are Leonard Boyarsky, Jason Andersen, Tim Caine, and others from the first team (though narrative in F2 is better than in F1, yes). They show same creativity in Arcanum and VTM Bloodlines, which i consider games with just great atmosphere and feel.
Thank you for the clarification, but i know this, like most of the posers here on the codex. I also perceive the first fallout better than the second, but this is due to the close tiede story. But still the Fallout 2 is also a very good game.

DeN DarK

Educated
Whitestone One, First Throne, Forty Forties
Well, so far, his actual record consists of delaying the release of the game's beta.

So uh. I don't know dude, there's no real litmus test for determining who's going to be right here. No matter when the game comes out, there will be something they could have done better, because that's how RPGs are. Including Planescape "becomes kind of crap after Sigil" Torment.

Bottom line, optimists gonna optimist, pessimists gonna pessimist

Count me as optimist. Anyway all is very simple.
If game will be very good - it is win.
If game will be mediocre but playable - still I will play it because not so many good RPGs exists and I don't want to replay same games over and over again. Now win, but not exactly fail.
If game will be very bad (and I think it can't be because I'm not too hypercritical) - at least they tried and at least I backed this try.

Of course if you didn't backed game or think it will be shite or think InXile isn't up to task - you will disagree. But in that case - why are you whining at all? What did you lose if something you think will be shit will actually be shit? )

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom