Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #56: Beta Released to All Backers, Game Delayed to Q1 2017

Septaryeth

Augur
So all its left is the localization?
Is it safe to say the Beta is the English-only version that can be played from the beginning to the end, if not slightly unpolished?
2017 sounds really far away and there seem to be nothing else on this year.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So all its left is the localization?
Is it safe to say the Beta is the English-only version that can be played from the beginning to the end, if not slightly unpolished?
2017 sounds really far away and there seem to be nothing else on this year.

It's not the full game, only the first part. And I'm sure they have more to do besides localization.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
So they're targeting around April 2017 based on the November comment.

Pretty damn late.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So is the "Backer Edition" on the Torment pledge managing website the beta key they are talking about?
EDIT: I'm an idiot who just read the update. Never mind me. I'll be in the beg thread.

Last edited:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The release date could easily be late March, whatever other games get pushed into the new year and what the release schedule is in the first three months.

As a mid range title, InEx will take any opportunity to get to #1 on the Steam charts it can get. They'll jiggle around to get that all important oxygen, they have to considering their sales forecasts are likely Pillars of Eternity's plus 20% at best.

Late March is on the cards, it's unlikely but if there's a big traffic jam with bigger games taking the mid January Steam oxygen, then February is a write off if say Mass Effect Andromeda happens, March would be the release date.

Ideally they'll probably go for mid February, that's the best release date before the early year AAAs start dropping March/April/May, and obviously January has Christmas hangover and Steam sale backlog fatigue so it's not super ideal.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So the date when from late 2014 during the KS campaign to 2017 :D

skyst

Augur
Beta is kind of neat so far. They gutted the first fight thankfully. I explored the first area a bit with two characters. Lots of c&c around the first real encounter, which is pretty interesting if that level of freedom holds up for the rest of the game. The combat has options to talk to your opponents, fiddle with stuff on the battlefield, etc, most of it seems pointless when you could just be attacking the enemy - probably more valuable later in the game. I'm somewhat worried with the overexposure of crazy technology; some of the stuff seen in the first zone would be really interesting in another setting. In Numenera, it all feels so mundane that it's not very exciting to examine it. Some stuff seems 'weird for the sake of being weird', like a Sigil fan fic.

Still looking forward to checking it out further.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, so far...15 hours spent on the beta and I can easily say so far: This is pretty much the game I was hoping it would be. I'm kind of shocked, actually...what with how lackluster WL2 ended up being.

throwaway

Cipher
Wonder what the stats of people willing to blueball themselves are going to be now that we've all gotten a chance to try the beta. I, for one, will wait until the game hits gold (usually wait for the EEs but it won't be as big a factor in a storyfag).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Mass Effect has a larger word count than PST ... :M

Torment allegedly has 75,000 lines of dialogue and 800,000 words whereas Mass Effect has 20,000 lines of dialogue and 400,000 words.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom