Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #8: George Ziets Video, Pat Rothfuss Stretch Goal, and much more

CMcC

Larian Studios
Developer
Oh, btw: http://colinmccomb.com/?p=190

Colin-and-Pat-225x300.jpg

(He won't talk about the shirt.)

It's seriously comfortable. I'm not sure what else to say about it. Chris gave it to me? I've had it for several years? It wears well?

Personally, I'd be more concerned about the gang sign I'm flashing.

Koschey

Arcane
It's seriously comfortable. I'm not sure what else to say about it. Chris gave it to me? I've had it for several years? It wears well?

Personally, I'd be more concerned about the gang sign I'm flashing.

As long as you don't start rapping in the KS videos, you can make gang signs as much as you want :lol:

4too

Arcane
Superficial :Subliminal: Likeness

George_Zeits.jpg
images

Discusses the feed and care of …

The Bloom
066baa7df5870ffd6898d156aa80d1ea.jpg

Cthulhu
2zjkeud.jpg

Pleasant dreams ...

4too

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

CWagner

Augur
I love how Pat took as much time explaining why that wouldn't delay his third book as InXile did for why they had another KS before WL2 is finished. It was indeed my second thought after "wow awesome" ;)

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
This makes me want to play Mask of the Betrayer finally so bad, if it wouldnt be for this ugly/clunky UI, high level DnD, the camera and the bugs everywhere... :(

:bro:
I started up the NWN2 OC a few months ago with the intention of finally finishing it (I ragequit in late Act II when I originally played it in 2006, I think) and going on to MotB - but I didn't manage to get past Act I before I had to quit for fear of dying of boredom. Maybe I'll go straight for MotB on my next attempt, but the UI and camera will still be horrible and there'll still be tons of bugs, so I don't know... :(

Balor

Arcane

A copypasta from my Kickstarter comment:
What a coincidence, I'm finishing the Wise Man's Fear right now.
Cannot say that I absolutely love it, but it is very solid stuff (at least as I see from reading his second book - first was "banal shit boring" indeed, but hey, it was his FIRST book), and his skills would be put to good use.
However, have you tried contacting Brandon Sanderson?

His is also an avid gamer, VERY prolific, VERY good, and his attention to detail, good characterization and love for complex and weird plots and characters is PERFECT. He also has his own version of 'Multiverse', even. He also happen to know Pat, so you can contact him with his help.

He is coincidentally very famous due to him picking up and finishing Jordan's Wheel of Time, too. Perhaps there is still time to snag him.
If you do, I HEREBY SWEAR that, I'll take credit if I must, but will increase my pledge to 500$. I love Torment, and I love his work THIS much.

I suspect that a LOT of people will hear of this project and back it up profusely if you'll manage to sway him.
You might as well set him as 10 mil stretch goal. I bet you'll reach it.

hiver

This makes me want to play Mask of the Betrayer finally so bad, if it wouldnt be for this ugly/clunky UI, high level DnD, the camera and the bugs everywhere... :(

I started up the NWN2 OC a few months ago with the intention of finally finishing it (I ragequit in late Act II when I originally played it in 2006, I think) and going on to MotB - but I didn't manage to get past Act I before I had to quit for fear of dying of boredom. Maybe I'll go straight for MotB on my next attempt, but the UI and camera will still be horrible and there'll still be tons of bugs, so I don't know... :(

All the troubles are worth it. Do it. The incline commands it.

(besides, it isnt that troublesome at all)

Stabwound

Arcane

A copypasta from my Kickstarter comment:
What a coincidence, I'm finishing the Wise Man's Fear right now.
Cannot say that I absolutely love it, but it is very solid stuff (at least as I see from reading his second book - first was "banal shit boring" indeed, but hey, it was his FIRST book), and his skills would be put to good use.
However, have you tried contacting Brandon Sanderson?

His is also an avid gamer, VERY prolific, VERY good, and his attention to detail, good characterization and love for complex and weird plots and characters is PERFECT. He also has his own version of 'Multiverse', even. He also happen to know Pat, so you can contact him with his help.

He is coincidentally very famous due to him picking up and finishing Jordan's Wheel of Time, too. Perhaps there is still time to snag him.
If you do, I HEREBY SWEAR that, I'll take credit if I must, but will increase my pledge to 500$. I love Torment, and I love his work THIS much.

I suspect that a LOT of people will hear of this project and back it up profusely if you'll manage to sway him.
You might as well set him as 10 mil stretch goal. I bet you'll reach it.
Sanderson is great, but adding many more big name writers might turn it into a "too many cooks spoil the broth" type scenario. Then again, the world seems like its designed so that there are a bunch of separate worlds that aren't related to each other. I'd love to see what Sanderson could come up with using the Torment/Numanera setting.

Balor

Arcane
Sanderson is great, but adding many more big name writers might turn it into a "too many cooks spoil the broth" type scenario. Then again, the world seems like its designed so that there are a bunch of separate worlds that aren't related to each other. I'd love to see what Sanderson could come up with using the Torment/Numanera setting.

My point exactly. Plus, publicity bonus would be HUGE. Much moreso then Rothfuss, I wager... perhaps once he'll be finished with his Chronicles, he'll be an equal to Sanderson, but so far - no.
But, truth be told, his first novel (Elantris) was a bit of 'banalshitboring' too, though it did show promise. Even his first Mistborn book was rather uninspiring. Only after reading the second one I saw how truly intricate his plot is. And the third truly made the series much greater then mere sum of three books.
And he was just getting better and better. So is Rothfuss.

Stabwound

Arcane

My point exactly. Plus, publicity bonus would be HUGE. Much moreso then Rothfuss, I wager... perhaps once he'll be finished with his Chronicles, he'll be an equal to Sanderson, but so far - no.
But, truth be told, his first novel (Elantris) was a bit of 'banalshitboring' too, though it did show promise. Even his first Mistborn book was rather uninspiring. Only after reading the second one I saw how truly intricate his plot is. And the third truly made the series much greater then mere sum of three books.
Yeah, I didn't like Elantris at all up until the last 10% where things got interesting, but the setting was pretty unique. I absolutely loved the Mistborn trilogy (and the Alloy of Law spinoff), though. I haven't read any of his other novels yet but they're supposed to be just as good.

I'm almost done with The Name of the Wind by Rothfuss and it didn't really grab me, but I can tell he has potential.

Balor

Arcane

Yeah, I didn't like Elantris at all up until the last 10% where things got interesting, but the setting was pretty unique. I absolutely loved the Mistborn trilogy (and the Alloy of Law spinoff), though. I haven't read any of his other novels yet but they're supposed to be just as good.

I'm almost done with The Name of the Wind by Rothfuss and it didn't really grab me, but I can tell he has potential.

Name of the Wind barely shows the potential, if I was not told that the second book picks up on quality and pace, I'd drop it. But second book DOES have it all (though quite unevenly), and indeed it shows hints of future twists and subversions. It is much darker too, sometimes downright gruesome.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wow inXile seems pretty intent on pissing away all the goodwill they built up by hiring Mur Lafferty.
COmKMCk.png

qU3gY4n.png

4C5Z8HX.png

That's my Lesi, always threatening violence upon authors she hates. :3

Her mind probably looks like this right now:
2Y5pzNY.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom