Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #8: George Ziets Video, Pat Rothfuss Stretch Goal, and much more

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Huh. I hadn't really experienced Roguey's true feminist colors until zer comments in this thread and in the primary T:ToN thread.

Roguey's flavor of feminism confirmed for full-blown hypocrisy, bigotry masquerading as progressive thinking, demonization of men, liberal use of slurs and shaming language vs. men or dissenters, and believes zhe's morally and ethically justified—it's the complete package, all wrapped up in a neat little bow.
As fortune would have it, Lesi had a rather relevant conversation yesterday. (Whoops longer than I expected)
8kjzdyU.png

3Wtv9jQ.png

D5uxiRc.png

zWlpG3t.png

pVJw6eY.png

JwIHDIM.png
She's totally right. :love:

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I don't remember Lesi being such an utter cunt when she was still posting on the Codex. Or maybe I never noticed.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
FFS somebody needs to call the police on this crazy broad
Dr. Liz already tattled to the UK police, they've done nothing so far. :smug: International incidents involving the internet and non-important people, lawl.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Or it's a man in a basement larping a feminist.

Most likely. There's no way a real feminist could tolerate the Codex for long without choking to death on impotent rage.

Roguey, all I've gleaned from those Tweets you've embedded is that that person has absolutely no credibility, is a purposeful caricature, or is actually insane. I love these outrageous, self-defeating personalities. They cause intelligent, logical, free-thinking persons to question feminism—it's not difficult to see through vitriolic doublethink and hypocrisy of that magnitude. Not an ounce of unhappiness on my end, and I hope she/he continues to discredit his/her cause. One of feminism's greatest protections is that not enough people question it, but that's steadily changing.

The greatest joke of feminism is that its stated ultimate goal is equality (heh), yet the tenets of modern feminism have been and are decided almost exclusively by women, and are dictated to men by women. Men may also dictate feminist tenets to other men (but not women!) if they adhere strictly to the script. There's no mutual discourse, criticism of any feminist tenet is vehemently opposed, and any person who doesn't consider themselves a feminist is demonized and defamed. The reason for this totalitarian approach is quite simply that feminism doesn't stand up to even a small amount of competent scrutiny. Logic is the bane of feminism, and feminists' loud squealing and bullying of dissenters will only hide that fact for so long.

hiver

Blaine... youre making this thread a torment for me. could we - maybe - keep that shit for some other threads?

and the rest of you... cmann!
i cant deal with that shit early in the morning.

give me a fuckin break.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Only Roguey would brofist a post criticizing an annoying derailment of which zhe is the main author. :lol:

Back on topic, then: Ziets is one of the few men alive who can get away with that haircut. It feel that it suits him, and I am by no means a fan of those sorts of haircuts.

I don't know shit about Patrick Rothfuss except that I've vaguely heard of him and his work, and now, thanks to this thread, that feminists hate him for some reason. Sounds promising, and it's a been a long while since I've read a fantasy novel, so I might look into it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Most likely. There's no way a real feminist could tolerate the Codex for long without choking to death on impotent rage.

I'd call myself a feminist, and I'm neither LARPing, female, gay or choking to death on impotent rage.

Lesi/Misandry seems to be one of those absolute weirdo extremists of which there are very few. They just shout so loud it's all you hear. In my daily political work I see none of those types (they're all busy writing blogs, not actually doing political work - neither parliamentary or non-parliamentary).

I'd call myself a feminist, and I'm neither LARPing, female, gay or choking to death on impotent rage.

Lesi/Misandry seems to be one of those absolute weirdo extremists of which there are very few. They just shout so loud it's all you hear. In my daily political work I see none of those types (they're all busy writing blogs, not actually doing political work - neither parliamentary or non-parliamentary).

Bro, why? I mean what does that mean... You support female rights and equality?

EG

Nullified

Bro, why? I mean what does that mean... You support female rights and equality?

We need a new title . . . Call it humanist, or something. Don't support either women or men, based only on their sex, but on their ability to do X.

Wait. Wasn't this thread about Torment?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't know shit about Patrick Rothfuss except that I've vaguely heard of him and his work, and now, thanks to this thread, that feminists hate him for some reason. Sounds promising, and it's a been a long while since I've read a fantasy novel, so I might look into it.
You want on-topic criticism of Rothfuss? Well here you go then.
http://ferretbrain.com/articles/article-751
Felurian is the sirens, and Artemis and pretty much every other sex-death-nudity chick from mythology or fiction rolled into one. Kvothe catches her, bones her, breaks free of her sex-death-nudity mind control, completely whips her ass in a straight fight, then bones her again, then plays music that makes her think he's awesome, then writes half a song about her that is so awesome that she agrees to let him go so that he can finish it, then disses her sexual prowess, which prompts her to get really insecure and tell him what an amazing lover he is, then they have sex some more, then she sews him a magic cloak, while he goes away and talks to a prophetic tree which turns out to be evil.

Then they have sex some more, then he comes back to the real world and is all “bros, I totally did it with Felurian” and everybody is all like “no way, you'd be mad or dead” and he's like “no I totally did it with Felurian” and then the hot barmaid from earlier is all like “no he's definitely telling the truth because I am a woman and I can see that he has got totally sexed up since we last met, because I tried to sex him and it freaked him out, but now it looks like he wouldn't be freaked out and also he would be totally awesome at sexing.” Then Kvothe does sex with the hot barmaid and he is totally awesome at it, and he explains how doing sex with the hot barmaid is totally as good as doing sex with Felurian, because women are like music and sometimes you want to listen to a beautiful symphony and sometimes you just want a nice simple jig, and by the way this definitely isn't sexist, and if you think it is then you know nothing about music or love or him.

This last line, apart from being switched from the first to the third person, is a direct quote from the book.
Here is the exchange between Kvothe and Felurian after he finishes his half-finished song (a song, I should add, which is included in full in the text, and which both Kvothe and Felurian describe as having beautiful words – a claim I would hesitate to make about anything I had written myself, particularly if it was incidental music for my fantasy novel):
Some of the fire left her, but when she found her voice it was tight and dangerous. “my skills 'suffice'?” She hardly seemed able to force out the last word. Her mouth formed a thin, outraged line.

I exploded, my voice a roll of thunder. “How the hell am I supposed to know? It's not like I've ever done this sort of thing before!”

She reeled back at the vehemence of my words, some of the anger draining out of her. “what is it you mean?” she trailed off, confused.

“This!” I gestured awkwardly at myself, at her, at the cushions and the pavilion around us, as if that explained everything.

The last of the anger left her as I saw realization begin to dawn, “you...”

“No,” I looked down, my face growing hot. “I have never been with a woman.” Then I straightened and looked her in the eye as if challenging her to make an issue of it.”

Felurian was still for a moment, then let her mouth turn up into a wry smile. “you tell me a faerie story, my kvothe.”

I felt my face go grim. I don't mind being called a liar. I am. I am a marvellous liar. But I hate being called a liar when I'm telling the perfect truth.

Regardless of my motivation, my expression seemed to convince her. “but you were like a gentle summer storm.” She made a fluttering gesture with a hand. “you were a dancer fresh upon the field.” Her eyes glittered wickedly.

That's right, Kvothe was so amazing at doing sex that the ancient sex goddess of sex and death was actually unable to believe that he was a virgin because he was so amazing at doing sex.

Once again, I say this. The next time you hear anybody complain about the fact that – in certain popular novels targeted at young women – hundred year old vampires fall for sixteen year old schoolgirls, point out to them that in one of the most critically acclaimed fantasy novels of the twenty-first century a faery creature of unbridled sexual potency, as ancient as time itself, who lures men to their deaths with her irresistible beauty and insatiable lovemaking has her mind blown by the sexual prowess of a sixteen year old virgin.
Lesi in the comments section said:
See, I never read the first Kingkiller book because it sounded precisely like the stuff I'd hate, but people keep raving on and on about it and I don't get it. Even the backcover bit sounds incredibly obnoxious: "oho look how clever I am by LAMPSHADING my GARY STU qualities. SEE? SEEEEE."

Jesus that post-coital exchange. No one can convince me to read Rothfuss. Ever. Ever. This, this right here? This is shit writing. This is stupid writing. Anyone who praises Rothfuss as whatever can go take a leap.
His voice a roll of thunder, no less. This is the brilliant writing all the fanboys praised?
The Last Castoff exploded, her voice a roll of thunder.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So wait... she posted all that stuff about Rothfuss without ever having actually read the book? There are plenty of legitimate criticisms that can be made of his work but... come on.
:lol:
I sincerely hope your admiration/emulation of this whacko is as ironic as it appears to be.

Anyway, none of this seems particularly relevant to his work on Torment, so maybe... fuck off?

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Huh. I hadn't really experienced Roguey's true feminist colors until zer comments in this thread and in the primary T:ToN thread.

Roguey's flavor of feminism confirmed for full-blown hypocrisy, bigotry masquerading as progressive thinking, demonization of men, liberal use of slurs and shaming language vs. men or dissenters, and believes zhe's morally and ethically justified—it's the complete package, all wrapped up in a neat little bow.

Yes, indeed! A very thorough satirical take on modern feminism. I quite enjoy her LARP.

I am also wholly overjoyed at the prospect of getting more Roguey in every thread. Want to open a thread about RPGs? See over ten people replying to Roguey. *Go to another thread*... again hijacked by Roguey! I think RPGCodex should send an alert to every registered user, so no one would miss out. DID I MENTION I LOVE IT??! I CANT GET ENOUGH OF ROGUEY!!

:x:x:x

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Anyway, none of this seems particularly relevant to his work on Torment, so maybe... fuck off?
He's writing for it and he's a shit writer.

Hopefully they completely rewrite 95% of what he turns in.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stop replying to Roguey's posts, folks. His schtick lost its novelty long ago.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
womanFeminist way of thinking:
He offends me. What should I do? Cry to everybody that's he's shit, get him fired and threaten to kill him. How dares someone offend ME?

In other words, the more people who offend retards on the internet they bring in, the less retards attached to the game. Good fucking riddance.

hiver

I dont know who is he pissing off exactly, but if you look at his blog, the half of audience are women, maybe more.
Yesterday some soccer mom "came out of the closet" about how she first started watching (star trek discovered as guilty pleasure?) reading fantasy and SF and playing vidya games because of him, and now shes already bought original and joined kickstarter.

The man is selling stuff to wimin like hot cakes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom