Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Torment on the Shards, Part 36 - Planescape-inspired CYOA

So for organization's sake, so far we have:

Plan Kz3r0
A1) - Let Step-There hide in your room

B2) - Don't tell Steel that you've found the entrance to the Vault
C1) - Don't interrupt Deadliest Vile
D1) - Accuse no one
+Use belief move to sense Loyalty's intent re: concern for Quiet

Plan Nevill
A1) - Let Step-There hide in your room

B1) - Tell Steel you found the entrance to the vault (expends belief move)
C2) - Interrupt Deadliest Vile and call for peace
D1) - Accuse no one

Plan Grimgravy
A2) - Don't give Step-There access to your room

B1) - Tell Steel you found the entrance to the vault (expends belief move)
C1) - Don't interrupt Deadliest Vile
D1) - Accuse no one

---

If by Sunday there is no decisive support for a set of votes, I will count the the votes individually.

However, as a heraldress, wouldn't she know we are invading her mind's privacy? OP?

The mind link telepathy is mutual, sensing intent is not. So unless she happens to be staring back at you with the same idea, she won't know. Of course, she may think that you are looking at her funny, but that goes for anyone.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why does a mental link expend a belief move?

Edit: Ah, right. It's a Herald's trait that costs belief. My bad.

Nevill

Arcane
I'll change my vote to Grimgravy's. He lamented he never gets his way in these CYOAs before. :P

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Don't worry on my behalf. I can properly bitch, moan, and cast blame when things go to hell after not getting my way!

Part 24 - Streak of Red

You take advantage of the distraction and prepare to send a mental correspondence to Steel. The skin atop your head splits, and you shiver as the uncomfortable texture of the wig rubs against the sensitive membrane protecting your brain.

Excellent. Be patient, now. Tomorrow we make a move, he responds after processing the thoughts you sent him.

Strange, you think – would the night not be the best time for a robbery? Steel, however, has terminated the mental link immediately after his response, leaving you no discreet way to make your concerns known. Your worries are interrupted by Deadliest, who continues:

“...Look-It-Up's love, perhaps? I heard a female's voice outside my room the night he kicked the bucket – did anyone else? Well, I've beholder's hearing after all. Now, female servants are always looking for fun 'cause their daily life consists of nothing but boredom. I should know – Trickster's horns, I've known plenty! Anyway, was it Quiet that you caught with Look-It-Up?”

You glance curiously at Sees-It, gauging his reaction. He returns your gaze, looking at you as if you were beneath contempt.

“Leaving a witness, then botching a clean-up job the next day...so sloppy, so weak. So like you, 'Lord-Inquisitor.'”

Steel sucks on a succulent piece of fruit. A streak of red juice runs down his chin.

“Did you want to be the first to fuck the manus broad, Inquisitor?”

Belt grows redder still. His servants anxiously shuffle towards the room's exits.

“How mad were you when you saw her riding manus cock? No, don't try to deny it – you officials are rotten hypocrites, aren't you? I bet you fucked every cheap hardhead, eyes, grab-bastard, beast-like, gob whore in the City. I recall that is the Censor way: 'we are the only ones allowed to be filthy bastards!'”

Head-Taker abandons etiquette entirely, tearing into the meat on his plate. A stray chunk makes it across the table.

“Do they ever agree to your depravity or do you force them? I mean, interbreeding is awful and all, but I'd imagine that they are much more repulsed by the prospect of being fucked by your limp, shriveled dick.”

Belt's gun clears its holster shortly before a high-caliber lead slug blows his head off. Loyalty screams and runs out of the room while Wretch emits a horrible noise and tries to leap across the table, but dies messily on a guard's sidesword. Deadliest holsters his own crackgun with a flourish.

“Everyone saw that I acted in self defense?” the beholder says, addressing the room. “Well now, Sees-It, I've got the murderer. Can we go now?”

“No.”

Steel finally raises his head from his food and gives Sees-It a spiteful stare.

“It could be that you were wrong. It could be that you baited Belt into drawing first on Steel's orders in a desperate attempt to flee this place,” Sees-It continues.

The Philosopher of Pain stands up suddenly.

“Lord-Foreman,” he says, mask crimson with Belt's gore, “you will reconsider.”

His pose is strange. His tentacles are firmly planted on the ground yet look strangely rigid, more like weapons as opposed to limbs or feelers. Sees-It it looks at the erect beholder and for just a second you see his stoic expression change into something else. What did the beholder see in Master Flagellant's eyes just now?

“I will sleep on it,” the Lord-Foreman finally says after a period of paiful silence. “I will allow the guests to depart tomorrow, maybe.”

Just then there is a distant flash followed by a crack that is so loud that it hurts your ears.

“Look, outside the window! Explosions and fi-” someone shouts, then are cut off by a second crack that seems to come from within the manor.

The room becomes a pandemonium. Some rush to the exits, shoving one-another and tripping. Those who know better, yourself included, get down and crawl for cover.

Things settle down after two members of the exterior guard come inside to report the situation. Apparently a storm gathered practically above the mansion, casting lighting on the premises which had just happened to strike a small, dry piece of flora outside, setting it ablaze. Shortly after the interior guards report that another lighting strike occurred in the garden, with minimal damage.

The storm rolled through awfully quick, you think to yourself, and wasn't there a spell ensuring good weather around the Lord-Foreman's mansion?

---

What a fucking day. As soon as you got to your room you collapsed on the bed, not bothering to undress much save for the wig and cravat. Before you even have the time to process what had happened, you hear frantic knocking on your door.

You spring to your feet, drawing your dagger and listening close to the door. You can make out a high-pitched voice pleading something between sobs. You open the door a crack and find Loyalty on the other side. She looks up at you, her violet eyes wet and glittery, mascara beneath them a little runny. Her wig looks messy, as if hastily put on.

“I couldn't not sleep,was so terribly frightened...” she purrs apologetically, “please, Strider, I can't be alone tonight.”

You can't help but notice that she is only wearing a thin nightgown. It does little to hide her pale skin...or hard nipples crowning her small, perky breasts, poking through the semi-transparent fabric. Her wig, her lips, her sex - all invitingly red.

Trickster's demons...you've not been with a heraldress for so long. You can't help but reach out through the opening and touch her shoulder with a free hand and find her skin soft and warm. She shivers at the touch but does not pull away, instead emitting a breathy sigh.

What do you do?
A) Console Loyalty.
B) “Console” Loyalty.
C) Under the current circumstances, you must be alone. Shut the door in her face and get some shut-eye.
D) Do something else, please specify what.

Holy shit, a single set of four choices! Azira has no excuse not to participate now :smug:

And the quotes around console indicate coitus, of course.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ah, you bait me you do.
Welp, "consoling" her seems tempting, but there's still the possible murderer on the loose, and who knows if it's Loyalty? Simply consoling her might be the wiser of the two top options.
Tentatively voting A

hello friend

Arcane
D), sense motive

If she doesn't appear to be a threat, then proceed to B). If not, default to A) to avoid tipping her off.
Scratch that.

She's been acting suspiciously for some time, we need to get some solid information nao. It is clear that she has been acting with an agenda, she knows something - this does not necessarily have to be contrary to our purposes. There are a lot of moving parts in play here. If she doesn't mean us any harm, it might be an idea to exchange some information, work together. So if we're safe, I say we just straight up propose to her that we become co-conspirators - but we do not mention what we know about the vault, nor do we say overmuch about the airship.

Besides, I'm wary of Steel betraying us. Preemptively betraying him is not a good option at this point, and my suspicions might be unjustified, but we shouldn't keep all our eggs in one basket. Having a secret tentative ally would be an ace up our sleeve, and we might need it sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
D) Turn "Consoling" into a bondage information gathering session. Learn something while getting our rocks off. That's the kind of terrible plan the Kodex can get behind.

Or not.

To console (1-3) or to "console” (4-6), that is the question! :philosoraptor:

...the Die of Fate
Result: 3!

Part 25 – Vanity

You pull your hand back and collect yourself. Yes, she is gorgeous. Yes, she might make a valuable ally. But quite a lot of things seem off, including her own actions - unless she is utterly desperate, you assume that she is not trying to fuck you without an ulterior motive.

Hiding your dagger behind your back, you open the door and tell her to come in. She does so, and as soon as you have some privacy she throws herself at you, grinding her mound against your crotch while moaning like a bitch in heat.

“I want this,” she gasps madly, trying to once again invade your mouth with her tongue, “I want you.”

Now she is trying too hard, you think as you turn your head aside to dodge her kiss. You take take her by the shoulders and gently but firmly push her away, explaining that you will hear her problems out but that you don't feel comfortable...getting to know her in a situation like this.

The look she gives you in response is a wonder to behold. There is a flash of several things at once: anger, pity, disappointment, and absolutely blind rage. Then she covers it up with the eyes of a sad child.

“I do have a problem,” she says, sultriness coming back to her, as her hand snakes between her legs. “I am wet for you, Strider. See?”

Well, you suppose looking can't hurt...

As your gaze wanders, her hand nimbly moves to the back of her wig, from which she removes a hairpin so sharp it easily doubles as a stiletto.

You were expecting something like this, so you jump back as a series of thrusts assault the air where you once were. Her motions are wild, betraying her inexperience as a fighter, but the gleam of yearning in her eyes speaks to you wild and clear – she is one crazy bitch.

She jumps forward, telegraphing a vicious downward thrust. You raise your dagger high in an attempt to parry her weapon, but the low cut of your tailcoat slows the movement of your arm, so you nearly choke on five inches of steel.

This stupid fucking coat! Your vanity finally caught up to you.

What do you do?

A) Duck and weave around the room while screaming like mad, hoping to attract attention while dodging blows.
B) Counter-attack with your dagger. Fighting with short blades is always a messy and dangerous affair, but that goes for both sides.
C) Rip off the tailcoat, toss it at Loyalty, then cut her up. A success of such a reckless action depends mostly on luck.
D) Do something else, please specify what
EDIT:
E) Forego the blade and attempt to wrestle the stiletto away from Loyalty without trying to kill her. Girls should be treated with respect.

OK, I just want to point something out:

Konsensus on Loyalty, before perky breasts:

I find Loyalty behavior suspicious

Was she trying to plant something into our clothes yesterday?

The woman tried to pull a fast one on you yesterday. She tried to seduce you, and only the gardener bailed you out.

I get Fatal Attraction vibes from her.

Konsensus on Loyalty, after perky breasts:

Welp, "consoling" her seems tempting

Let's do B)

D) Turn "Consoling" into a bondage information gathering session. Learn something while getting our rocks off.

Men are hopeless, aren't we?

Needless to say, you got saved by the die, big time. B) would have gotten you fucked. Literally as well as figuratively, so arguably still worth it...

:love:

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
I can only assume that Quiet is carving up Step-There as we dance. And he was getting all hot and bothered around her, too.

D) Throw bedsheets at her, like a toreador. She can't needle you if she can't see you. Then trip her and put a dagger to her throat.

If we can't ride the bull, we should at least have a nice corrida.

Nevill

Arcane
Alright, C it is then. It must look like a lovers' spat gone horribly wrong. Ripped clothes and running mascara everywhere.

I edited in a choice that I forgot last night, that is a great option for anyone who wants to continue being a total cuck:

E) Forego the blade and attempt to wrestle the stiletto away from Loyalty without trying to kill her. Girls should be treated with respect.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
That's the most cuck option you can come up with? Not asking for her forgiveness for the slight you must have inflicted upon her somehow? :|

Remember that we're freebooters. Stick with the tailcoat. It will blind your opponents or disorient them with two days' worth of herald sweat. A tailcoat takedown is always the most efficient way to eliminate crazy bitches.

(in other words, C wins, and I am working on the next update)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom