Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, they canceled the game and spending our monies on booze and hookers! Next update probably inculde some "entertaining" pictures.
Just be patient mate.
Yeah, sure, bro. I will.
It's just my #1 awaited game and I try gather any tiny bit of info about it and want to touch it ASAP. It's my first time I paid for Alpha and Beta test and I really want to test it and make feedback to improve the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://twitter.com/SaundersKevin

CuXoYKH.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Torment: Tides of Numenera Website Re-Launched!

Check out our brand-new, re-designed website through the link!

With the new website comes all-new backer functionality. Log into your backer account to manage your pledge and add-ons. We have converted pledges to a system of points where 1 cent = 1 point, but it functions exactly the same. We will have a more detailed update on this system and the website to follow. If you’re having any issues please contact us.

Note, depending on your Internet provider, you may not see the new site until some time has passed.

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Hah, they've gamified the pledge system. It ranks you by how much you've pledged now and gives you "inXile points".

8QVaStr.png

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wtf's wrong with them? Level system? At least I'm level 10 while Tron's level 2 :smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/game/about/aesthetics

Customizable User Interface
The power of player choice doesn't stop with the story. Do you prefer a more solid interface like classic RPGs? Or would you rather have a more modern, minimalist UI, with multiple components that can be resized, relocated, or hidden? We can oblige on both counts, as well as bringing nonessential UI elements onto the screen only when they're needed, to keep you immersed in the game. Keyboard shortcuts and a variety of text sizes will further enable you to make sure the interface does what you want, then gets out of your way.

We'll have subtitles where appropriate, and, despite the Tides being color-coded, will make the game accessible to the colorblind.

Round that out with options to see all the under-the-hood rolls and checks (or none, if you like) and you've got a game that plays the way you want it to.

Problem, Codex?

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/game/about/development-information

Perhaps this goes without saying, but we'll say it anyway to be clear: we're keeping many details of the story and characters secret so as not to undermine the game's mystery. For example, even the beta testers won't have access to certain content that we want to keep as surprises. But we'll be listening to what you want from the game's story, subplots, and characters, and we will take your desires into account. Those who are interested in contributing to the game beyond their pledge will have the opportunity to do so.

Good.

Companion list: https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/game/about/four-pillars

Deep, Interesting Companions
The nature of your character is such that you attract others: powerful but fundamentally broken people who seek out your presence. They might hold some of your answers, and they might be some of your deepest allies; or they might be among your most dangerous enemies. Some examples of companions might include:
  • A fallen priest who pulls writhing tattoos from his arms to spill horror upon his foes.
  • A nano who toyed with the fabric of space one too many times and now lives a fractured existence, living parallel lives in multiple universes and timestreams all at once.
  • A cold, calculating jack with a blade in her pocket and acid in her soul, who carries mind-altering mists around her neck, and who has found a way to control light and shadow.
  • A boy who seeks only adventure and glory, who leaps blindly into the most ridiculously dangerous situations imaginable and--surprisingly--emerging from them brighter and more powerful than he was before... but whose existence is a torment its own.
  • A sibyl with no body of her own, who speaks through the mouth of a man whose mind is broken beyond repair.
These people need your help. You can make them whole, or you can make them strong for your mission; even if it means their ultimate doom.

Creatures:

• The water-breathing mutants known as the Ghibra try to aid the air-breathing refugees who have fled to the Oasis through the Lost Sea, even as they struggle to guard their own culture.
  • The lumbering, insectoid Stichus excavate a 200-million-year-old complex where ancient dwellers once experimented with tearing apart space and time.
  • The pack hunters called the broken hounds, vulturine scavengers with the bodies of canines and avian skulls, are the bane of travelers.
  • A protean thing--that seems to be an adorable pet but that responds to your commands and your treatment--can shape itself to fit your will. It could be anything from a waxen ball of goo that can communicate with any sentient creature to a hulking beast of tooth and claw.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Hopefully they're getting more Chang Yuan high level area concept art, the environment art will look fucking incredible if the environment artist is even halfway competent at realizing it.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
What a great website, locking me out of stuff that I specifically donated for. Got 1400 pts, can't buy the comics worth 1400 pts. How does math work again?

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What a great website, locking me out of stuff that I specifically donated for. Got 1400 pts, can't buy the comics worth 1400 pts. How does math work again?
At least you remember what you wanted to buy. At this point I have no fucking idea what my past self needed those additional $20 for.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Cool website. That took much less time than PE's backer site hey :smug:
Well they already had one for Wasteland 2 so

Of course the Ranger Center went up much sooner than Obsidian's as well.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sooo....if I want to buy more "inXile points" :roll: I can "make a donation". However the lowest donation is 30 bucks from the Pledge tab? I can't donate just 10 or 15 bucks anymore?

EDIT: Aaaand after removing my KS reward to try out the system I can't put it back again, even I have enough points for it, naturally. It says "You need at least 0 unused points".

What's up with that Brother None?

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, the site even ranks people based on their pledge level. 'The first 5000 backers' will never mean the same again.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
This is a good way to get more money HAHA the dumb idiots awesome people that will give more to get a few places higher

e: how does one see the top list

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hopefully they're getting more Chang Yuan high level area concept art, the environment art will look fucking incredible if the environment artist is even halfway competent at realizing it.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Hmmm, why does the site link to the crappy Wikia wiki instead of the better Curse one? http://numenera.gamepedia.com/Numenera_Wiki
https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/community - Fixed. Thankfully our web designer is awesome and thus I can pretty freely change/add new content (like the news, front page banners or any of the non-account stuff).

Sooo....if I want to buy more "inXile points" :roll: I can "make a donation". However the lowest donation is 30 bucks from the Pledge tab? I can't donate just 10 or 15 bucks anymore?
The old site never had "free" pledges available before. We'll be adding that for our existing backers (along with plenty more stuff like additional payment options beyond PayPal) at a later date, but right now our focus is getting the page up for backers so they can declare add-ons, specifically Wasteland 2 (since those people need to get their keys for release).

For the record, this new site isn't just a backer portal, it's planned to end up as our all-in-one community, news and accounts web site. So expect it to change over time as we continue building things into it.

To pre-empt anyone with thoughts about the switch to inXile Points, please refer to this page: https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/backer-information/pledge-system

Our new pledge system is flexible and makes it easy to manage all your pledges, rewards, and add-ons.

inXile Points (XP) are equivalent to 1 cent (US dollars), so $1 USD = 100 inXile Points. Why points? Simply put, they put you in more control of your reward selections, and let us give you ways to gain new rewards other than simply making additional pledges. We want the value of XP clear, so in turn, you can make better decisions about your reward selections.

Rewards are unlocked using inXile Points, which you can gain from making pledges, and in the future, other activities. There is no limit to how many copies of a given reward you can claim.

Levels are earned as you gain more inXile Points. Each level is 1,000 XP (or $10 USD). Levels unlock new rewards for you to purchase using your inXile Points. Currently, your level determines which rewards are available to you, but in the future we may expand this to have more meaningful functionality.

Rewards can be either Selected, Available, or Locked. Selected means you have claimed a given reward. Available means a given reward is available to you for claim with the inXile Points you currently have. Locked means the reward is not yet available to your account, and you will need to add more XP to claim it.

For Kickstarter & PayPal Backers
If you are a Kickstarter or PayPal backer familiar with our older system, please note that your pledge has automatically been converted and granted you the equivalent amount of inXile Points.

You will have all of the same rewards and add-ons available to you as during the Kickstarter campaign. Your selected rewards should be shown (though this is the first time you will be able to specify to us what you wanted for your add-ons). Please confirm your choices by visiting the Rewards page.

For many rewards, we need some additional information. Please edit your answers to the questions shown on the "Selected" tab once you've added a reward or add-on.

You can think of your level as a bit like your total pledge amount, and how it would previously grant you access to certain reward tiers. Now, you are free to choose new rewards in whatever configuration you wish, and are no longer restricted to "tiers" and "add-ons" as you were previously. Unlike the old system, there is no limit to how many copies of a given reward you can claim, other than how many inXile Points you have available to use. You can also remove any reward using the "Remove Reward" button next to it on the Rewards page, and receive the XP you spent back.

Note that some rewards that were available during the Kickstarter campaign are also no longer available to new users. Additionally, some rewards may not be removable under certain conditions, such as physical goods that have already shipped, or rewards you have already claimed, such as digital game keys. If you received a given reward for a discount, and that discount is no longer available, you may not be able to receive the same discount again if you claim the reward a second time.

tl;dr version - Points are equal to 1 cent, nobody lost any money they pledged. It's just that Points gives us more flexibility for the future, namely, a way to tie in with the user level (which right now is totally cosmetic, but we might do something more with it in the future), as well as a way to (systemically?) reward users even for things other than pledges, such as community actions, events and other contributions.

EDIT: Aaaand after removing my KS reward to try out the system I can't put it back again, even I have enough points for it, naturally. It says "You need at least 0 unused points".
I'll have us look into these, they're possibly mis-configured. Also I don't believe every single add-on is yet available, again the priority is on users getting Wasteland 2. But you may want to email us directly at support@inxile.net or using the contact form so that I can forward your details (including account, so we can see your tiers etc.) directly.

That said there were bound to be bugs despite our weeks of testing (shit's crazy complicated) so I'll let our web developer know ASAP about any issues you have. This is exactly what we were hoping for - people get an early look at the site so we can resolve issues ASAP. :)

Last edited:
Weasel
  • The water-breathing mutants known as the Ghibra try to aid the air-breathing refugees who have fled to the Oasis through the Lost Sea, even as they struggle to guard their own culture.
  • The lumbering, insectoid Stichus excavate a 200-million-year-old complex where ancient dwellers once experimented with tearing apart space and time.
  • The pack hunters called the broken hounds, vulturine scavengers with the bodies of canines and avian skulls, are the bane of travelers.
  • A protean thing--that seems to be an adorable pet but that responds to your commands and your treatment--can shape itself to fit your will. It could be anything from a waxen ball of goo that can communicate with any sentient creature to a hulking beast of tooth and claw.

:bounce:
Really looking forward to this, trying not to get too hyped but it's probably my most anticipated KS game. So much room for them to be really imaginative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom