Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ANOTHER UPDATE SCREENSHOTS OH GOD ITZ HEAVAN https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts/988911

978393a3eb0fcde42c3fe98a2d5551be_large.png

e6c6359a7a4bdbca8fc432fbe11e782e_large.png

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I love the somehow-JRPG'ish-but-not-quite look. I guess it's the hairstyles. Fantastic. I like the zoom level as well, perfect height for a more adventure game-like isometric game.

The chat log is very good. This video demonstrates why showing text history is good. Pillars of Eternity does not do this and the reading experience is much worse because of it.

Graphically, the only annoyance is the water reflections/ripples. I find them just a little too shiny and repeating or patterned... Whatevs, not a big deal at all.

Overall very impressed. Game just shot to the top of my list. Looking forward to seeing some combat and crises in action!

Last time I was so excited was during TToN kickstarter campaign :) :happytrollboy: :love::greatjob:
It looks great, especially it is still early! I want characters I will remember forever like Morte, Dak'kon or Pillars of Skulls or Ravela or Transcendent One. So cool!
[maniacal laugh]

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I see what you're saying about the looks but I thought they kind of gave Septerra Core a unique charm, so I don't mind them here.
That said, I'm really positively impressed by this. It looks just like what they promised, as far as I can tell.

Good job. And I'm not easy to please, keep it in mind.

Edit: good post on the hair-styles. That and the 'sanitized junk' both really make it look a lot like Septerra Core. Even the models. Kind of uncanny. It's probably one of those weird coincidences since nobody likes Septerra Core (but I'd argue if you're looking for a failed attempt at a unique world and mood, the game is a sincere and honest effort and deserves a look just for that)

Deleted member 7219

YES. YESSSSSS! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

THIS IS IT!

I worship at the feet of these gods. I knew with this team they wouldn't disappoint, but still, this is amazing.

himmy

Arcane
That dialogue screen is a work of beauty and I will be spending many a dark night touching myself under the blankets while picturing it in my mind. :bounce:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
That dialogue screen is a work of beauty and I will be spending many a dark night touching myself under the blankets while picturing it in my mind. :bounce:
Chick's voice is pretty hot too.

Will the game be fully voiced?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Chick's voice is pretty hot too.

Will the game be fully voiced?

Heavens no.
Boo!

If it was fully voiced I worry the script will suffer because then they can only type as much as they can afford in voice actors.. I would be happy with BG2 level of voice acting.. Emphasis on Antagonists and Companions.. fuck everyone else.

So when is Tides of Numa Numa coming out?

End of 2015.

Are you serious? Damn, these guys are taking their sweet time.

No, saying games will be postponed by half a year has become some kind of edgy ritual in these threads

The way publishers are shitting out Dragon Age 2's these days.. if a dev like CD-PolandRed or InXile comes out and says they are delaying the game a year to make it better.. I basically jizz myself..

They are extending the games dev time at their own costs to make the final product not a pop-a-mole piece of shit.. If your mad about games being delayed you must be 13.. I am sick of games being released unfinished to meet deadlines.
EDIT
This isn't directed to you Infinitron.. I am stating it in general

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom