Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by Infinitron, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    There's a delay for new pledges as we manually import these, usually on a weekly basis but with high interest now we may do more frequent imports. You will get an email from us as soon as your pledge is in our system.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Cazzeris Formerly Andross

Cazzeris
    Can I see a screenshot plz?

^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

:lol:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    ^ Top  
  4. Diablo169 Arcane

Diablo169
    Inxile confirmed as Brotherhood of NOD cloning facilitiy to create body doubles for Kane

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Kaldurenik Arcane Patron

Kaldurenik
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I'm confused... I have the reward selected and it includes 31 items but i still have 26800 points to spend...
    Yet all the digital stuff is within the "box"?
    Or do i need to select them again? What am i doing? Can someone explain this X_X

Edit: Nevermind it fixed itself (i guess website lag or something?

^ Top  
  6. Yaar Podshipnik Arcane Patron

Yaar Podshipnik
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    New site is cool, turns out I had enough leftover points for an additional copy of the game. Now just to find somebody worthy of getting it...

^ Top  
  7. t Arcane Patron

t
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Fuck yeah, man, here you go

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  8. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I must be a retart. I have no clue what I'm doing on the new Torment site. Torment, indeed.

^ Top  
  9. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Brofist Brofist x 20
    ^ Top  
  12. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

:yeah:

• Brofist Brofist x 27
    ^ Top  
  14. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    Reminds me of Septerra Core for some reason. Must be the 3D assets looking somewhat "sanitized" on top of the background.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. MaskedMan very cool Patron

MaskedMan
  16. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    I love the somehow-JRPG'ish-but-not-quite look. I guess it's the hairstyles. Fantastic. I like the zoom level as well, perfect height for a more adventure game-like isometric game.

The chat log is very good. This video demonstrates why showing text history is good. Pillars of Eternity does not do this and the reading experience is much worse because of it.

Graphically, the only annoyance is the water reflections/ripples. I find them just a little too shiny and repeating or patterned... Whatevs, not a big deal at all.

Overall very impressed. Game just shot to the top of my list. Looking forward to seeing some combat and crises in action!

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  17. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    So pretty... :desu:

^ Top  
  18. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    Last time I was so excited was during TToN kickstarter campaign :) :happytrollboy: :love::greatjob:
    It looks great, especially it is still early! I want characters I will remember forever like Morte, Dak'kon or Pillars of Skulls or Ravela or Transcendent One. So cool!
    [maniacal laugh]

^ Top  
  19. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Jasede
    I see what you're saying about the looks but I thought they kind of gave Septerra Core a unique charm, so I don't mind them here.
    That said, I'm really positively impressed by this. It looks just like what they promised, as far as I can tell.

Good job. And I'm not easy to please, keep it in mind.

Edit: good post on the hair-styles. That and the 'sanitized junk' both really make it look a lot like Septerra Core. Even the models. Kind of uncanny. It's probably one of those weird coincidences since nobody likes Septerra Core (but I'd argue if you're looking for a failed attempt at a unique world and mood, the game is a sincere and honest effort and deserves a look just for that)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    • Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  21. Rean Codex Grammar Police Patron

Rean
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    YES. YESSSSSS! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

THIS IS IT!

I worship at the feet of these gods. I knew with this team they wouldn't disappoint, but still, this is amazing.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. himmy Arcane

himmy
    That dialogue screen is a work of beauty and I will be spending many a dark night touching myself under the blankets while picturing it in my mind. :bounce:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    Chick's voice is pretty hot too.

Will the game be fully voiced?

^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Heavens no.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)