Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why such fervid interest? Torment: Tides of Numenera is the spiritual successor to the renowned 1999 role-playing game Planescape: Torment, which, alongside other classics like Baldur’s Gate, helped redefine the genre

:roll:

God almighty please let this meme die. FFS...
Maybe you should just accept you are wrong :P

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Jesus Chris, 36 hours?! This is fucking ridiculous!

And, oh, this is one of the worst UIs I've ever seen. This was designed by a blind monkey?

Mustawd

Why such fervid interest? Torment: Tides of Numenera is the spiritual successor to the renowned 1999 role-playing game Planescape: Torment, which, alongside other classics like Baldur’s Gate, helped redefine the genre

Are you kidding?

Look at what BG2 brought us:

1. Bullshit shitty romances - decline
2. Even MORE RtwP in CRPGs - delcine
3. Shallow bullshit like Dragon Age series - decline
4. I never played Mass Effect but I assume it's full of cinematic bullshit? Ok, decline

Fuck Bioware, fuck BG2, and fuck all you bitchy fanbois. all you retarded kids who grew up with worthless RTwP. You and your generation is ruining rpgs. I hope you are all fucking happy. I fucking hate it.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Surprising, because the game screams "DESIGNED FOR CONSOLES" from the first minute (in terms of UI and such - can't tell yet for actual content).

Stopped for now, just wanted to check the game works properly. Beautiful room once you exit the intro sequence.
That's the saddest thing. That they make the game worse for PC in order to appeal to a format to which the game type is completely antithetical, ensuring that it's not nearly as good as it could've been on PC, while also remaining shit on PS4. And that's before we account for the fact that console retards tend to be shit-munching controller-monkeys - if there's not at least three explosions per minute and a cinematic 30 FPS, it's just not a good enough game for them.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks like will end with 85/86 on meta (W2DC have 87, brace yourselves)

Not bad for inxile, that score can probably boost sales and maybe then they can stop lying and use that money for an expansion or to fund the orchestrated music that they didn't add because wtf and maybe the toy.

I will play it next year with the DC.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
How is that? The game is done, man. Today is day one.

F636xiP.gif

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Hey, I think I backed this. I'm due a collector's box, Mr. Fargo. Too bad my computer is too dead to day-1-play it. If I hadn't known about all the cuts and behind the scenes drama I'd be really looking forward to it. I still am, just a little bit - the light of my optimism hasn't yet been entirely dimmed.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So obviously the reviews are quite good in general. I didn't expect that, especially from console magazines/sites. I didn't expect them to go through turn based combat and actual READING for more than 5 hours

ArchAngel

Arcane
So there are only 3 foci for the player character or has that changed?

Regret backing this one.
If I remember well they said you will be able to change your focus during the game and find new ones. Maybe those 3 are only at character generation? In PST you started as a fighter and could only change class later.

Ang

Novice
How is that? The game is done, man. Today is day one.

What the actual fuck happened to the UI? I seem to remember it looking completely different... at least better than this abortion.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So obviously the reviews are quite good in general. I didn't expect that, especially from console magazines/sites. I didn't expect them to go through turn based combat and actual READING for more than 5 hours
Eh, the true test is the player/user score on metacritic and steam. Those are always closer to the truth.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Wow the reviews are very very positive, nice !

Also, I really don't find the UI that bad. It has problems, sure, but some of you are overly edgy for the sake of edginess. Don't cut yourself.

Grokalibre

Savant

Are you kidding?

Look at what BG2 brought us:

1. Bullshit shitty romances - decline
2. Even MORE RtwP in CRPGs - delcine
3. Shallow bullshit like Dragon Age series - decline
4. I never played Mass Effect but I assume it's full of cinematic bullshit? Ok, decline

Fuck Bioware, fuck BG2, and fuck all you bitchy fanbois. all you retarded kids who grew up with worthless RTwP. You and your generation is ruining rpgs. I hope you are all fucking happy. I fucking hate it.

Dude, think of all these Biowaste fans who lost their virginity to some npc companion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom