Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
So I just redeemed a code for the game on GOG and is the backer edition seriously just the basic version of the game?

WTF is up with that. I backed for a collectors edition and I only have the basic version on GOG. Game and manual and that's it. Where's the rest of the stuff?

Parabalus

Arcane
It's seems that most of the negative reviews come from PS4 websites.
While most of the PC reviews are pretty amazing!

The game have some technical issues on the consoles... and therefor the low rating.

Could that have been InXile's plan? Make a shitty console version so nobody even fancies that idea anymore? +M

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So there are only 3 foci for the player character or has that changed?

Regret backing this one.
If I remember well they said you will be able to change your focus during the game and find new ones. Maybe those 3 are only at character generation? In PST you started as a fighter and could only change class later.

No, you don't choose focus during character creation. You're operating under the assumption that what the developers had stated previously was the truth. Your info is old and dated in the post-truth era. The odds that they've added mechanics for changing foci and added more foci than what was present before over the past two months, while also refusing to comment on questions regarding the state of the game and the foci, are absurdly low.

It's seems that most of the negative reviews come from PS4 websites.
While most of the PC reviews are pretty amazing!

The game have some technical issues on the consoles... and therefor the low rating.

Could that have been InXile's plan? Make a shitty console version so nobody even fancies that idea anymore? +M

Hahaha, yeah, let's consolize our game and make it shittier for everyone! That'll show 'em!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Spent a little time with the game. I'm glad they changed the first encounter. It was crap, but they oversimplified in my opinion. Something in between would have been good. I'm still not a fan of Aligern and Callistege. I especially hate it when she calls me "my dear", like I am a five year old. In fact, I hate all written female characters that talk like that.

I still think the mood of the game is nice. Even if the art is uneven. Some great and some very poor. Going to play more after work and hopefully post more worthwhile impressions.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
Male character

abHjk0A.jpg

Female character

9L9tp4J.jpg

Are they fucking serious?

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
So there are only 3 foci for the player character or has that changed?

Regret backing this one.
If I remember well they said you will be able to change your focus during the game and find new ones. Maybe those 3 are only at character generation? In PST you started as a fighter and could only change class later.

No, you don't choose focus during character creation. You're operating under the assumption that what the developers had stated previously was the truth. Your info is old and dated in the post-truth era. The odds that they've added mechanics for changing foci and added more foci than what was present before over the past two months, while also refusing to comment on questions regarding the state of the game and the foci, are absurdly low.
Well at this point I got nothing else but their promises, I guess we will find out once people start playing it.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
[...]
Ragequit.gr 6/10 (this one looks like it was written by a Codexer)
The sad truth is that this is the only one I think looks credible and that actually walks you through the issues of the game, and one of the very few where it's apparent that the writer has played PS:T and is a fan of the RPG genre, rather than just being another journalist that scored a job playing gaems.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
1 hour in, already found an infinite money exploit. Great QA :D

In reefs get the tar river globe. Sell it to the cultists via right-click then sell,sell sell sell - item does not transfer but you get cash

Just a side note - this is one time only, after you finish trading item bugs out in fun manner. Though you still can pass it to inventory of someone else for a "copy" and sell that.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did the Codex get any kind of credit recognition or shoutout?

There's a Codex NPC, item and obelisk in the game as a result of our $5000 pledge. I believe they're in the Valley of Dead Heroes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom