Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Torment: Tides of Numenera Website Launched, InXile Asks for Feedback on Pledge Rewards

Indranys

Savant
Someone created Non-Exclusive Digital Content idea in the 2nd page of the vote.

Illustration from the creator:
"For example, you may kill 100 rats to gain the sword of rat slaying, or for your $10 reward tier you may start with the Rat Slayer quest already completed and the sword in your inventory."

Flag exclusive contents ideas and vote this instead. Yeah it's not perfect but way better than stupid exclusive shits.
Or you guys could make better idea as the voting option.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

"For example, you may kill 100 rats to gain the sword of rat slaying, or for your $10 reward tier you may start with the Rat Slayer quest already completed and the sword in your inventory."

Flag exclusive contents ideas and vote this instead. Yeah it's not perfect but way better than stupid exclusive shits.
So predorder microtransactions? Get thee behind me, Satan!

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

Problem is that nowadays 50 % will quit the whole game after 50 rats.

How about something like "For 10000 bucks, you can decide to eliminate a feature from the game".

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
How about something like "For 10000 bucks, you can decide to eliminate a feature from the game".

No fucking with the creator's vision, not worth it. Are you people all on drugs?

No, it's more likely that the creator needs drugs for the visions. I actually meant to eliminate an additional feature proposed on the site, not the basic game. But certainly not too seriously.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
For some reason, Fargo's acting like he's the divine son that Crowdfunding and CRPG's had without even touching each other is pissing me off. The guy highjacks the "Torment's successor" hype-train in what seems to be an opportunistic attempt to crown himself as the embodiment of RPG's revival and hype it even more into a hipster exercice of pledge-voting.

I will probably shut the hell up when the game is out and turns out to be good. Still, there is a vast difference for me between a game initiated by love of/and originality (like PS:T was) and a game started by riding a the hype-train, which up to now is what ToN's been about.

kaizoku

Arcane
For some reason, Fargo's acting like he's the divine son that Crowdfunding and CRPG's had without even touching each other is pissing me off. The guy highjacks the "Torment's successor" hype-train in what seems to be an opportunistic attempt to crown himself as the embodiment of RPG's revival and hype it even more into a hipster exercice of pledge-voting.

I will probably shut the hell up when the game is out and turns out to be good. Still, there is a vast difference for me between a game initiated by love of/and originality (like PS:T was) and a game started by riding a the hype-train, which up to now is what ToN's been about.

what is the alternative?
for him to shut up and get no money instead, thus have no chance of making a decent game?

I was pretty skeptical of Fargo, but after seeing that gameplay video, he won me over :love:
Nothing is certain yet, but it's looking pretty good.

The man has to sell his fish.
He's able to create hype, more money to him, hopefully a better game to us all.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I don't think he could have avoided the hype surrounding a Torment "sequel" spiritual or otherwise. The original is held up by, not only the Codex, but even lame-stream pop-a-mole sites as one of the greatest games made. How could he have avoided it? I agree with kaizoku, more hype means more people hear about it which means more money to hopefully get it right. What I've seen of W2 gives me some assurance and I will pledge to keep the :incline: going... for at least a little while.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I think that some people on the Codex have an unrealistic ideal, that a monocled, elite game must go hand-in-hand with "clean", "respectable" marketing (whatever that means). I guess the underlying assumption is that if a game is really good, it doesn't need marketing, because the masses will immediately recognize its inherent greatness. Sorry folks, it doesn't work that way.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity

Aww, FFS...
He's a producer, what did you expect ?!
The fact that sometimes his shtick makes him sound like a snake oil salesman is all the more endearing to me : unlike prim and proper CEOs and business suits, his routine doesn't hinder the actual game makers. Far from that, it gives them the initial push they need or helps them while staying on the side.

Besides i think he knows very well that he's surfing on a fickle wave of nostalgia, which explains his need to constantly perform : the dream must be kept alive as long as possible, no matter what...

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Lots of pathetic Fargo apologist ITT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom