Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total Biscuit Meltdown - Tearing Down Game Media

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
What's with pansies on the codex and thinking everyone is like them? Where I live we'll barely notice if there's some sort of global collapse.

What's with everyone thinking they're that special snowflake that'll survive the machete rape gangs because *reasons*? I'm just quoting probability here.

That's a misconception. Living to an old age never required a high WIS as much as LK, but any dumb fuck who manages to live to an old age will have improved his WIS stat somewhat.
For most of the age of humankind, if you weren't an aristocrat and you broke your arm or your leg, then you died. Tell me, how many people do you know of who broke either an arm or a leg?

Sure you can get lucky, but there were times when humanity only had a few thousand rolls of the die, and each roll had the odds stacked against human life. Luck is not a sufficient explanation for evolved affinity for the old in human beings.

For most of the age of humankind, if you weren't an aristocrat and you broke your arm or your leg, then you died.

And most children never reached an age where breaking an arm or a leg would have mattered, aristocrat or not.

Tell me, how many people do you know of who broke either an arm or a leg?

Sure you can get lucky, but there were times when humanity only had a few thousand rolls of the die, and each roll had the odds stacked against human life. Luck is not a sufficient explanation for evolved affinity for the old in human beings.

Most of the crucial factors are beyond human influence, so what other than LK would you use to explain it?

Cadmus

Arcane
For most of the age of humankind, if you weren't an aristocrat and you broke your arm or your leg, then you died.

And most children never reached an age where breaking an arm or a leg would have mattered, aristocrat or not.

Tell me, how many people do you know of who broke either an arm or a leg?

Most of the crucial factors are beyond human influence, so what other than LK would you use to explain it?
sounds pretty much like the often repeated bullshit argument against RNG based combat systems

Do you go outside?

Intelligence is mostly hereditary, thus wisdom is beyond human influence. Luck is not an explanation. Ascribing everything to luck is the same bullshit cop-out that ascribes everything to God, minus the magic.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
I would have probably gone to Africa or someshit but he keeps on making his beloved shitty videos, good for him.
There are spiders in Africa. BIG ONES.

I feel sorry for the guy, even though I've never paid attention to him. Having a family and living on a borrowed time must be hard (to say the least).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This, and any other Total Biscuit thread, should be moved to Retardo*

*And Retardo should be renamed 'Learning Impaired.'

Beastro

Arcane
Intelligence is mostly hereditary, thus wisdom is beyond human influence.

Wisdom and intelligence are very different things.

Sadly amusing seeing someone with a large heaping of the latter, but little of the former in action.

Last edited:
Do you go outside?

You're only digging a deeper hole for yourself, m8. Bad enough that your initial premise tries to establish a direct link between wisdom and premature death from broken extremities, now you're suggesting my time spent outside somehow correlates to the number of people I know who've broken their arms or legs. I suppose you end up breaking someone's arm or leg every time you open your front door, is that it? :lol:

Strangely enough, it just so happens, that over the course of 40 odd years I've personally known of 0 cases of broken arms and legs within my pool of friends and acquaintances. Perhaps some of them have broken arms or legs at some point, but they haven't informed me of that and it hasn't happened on my watch. A relative of mine recently told me an anecdote from 2012 that involved a pelvic fracture, which is close to the mark, while a group of friends who're into base-jumping have never had any serious injuries afaik. So, without exaggeration there have been 0 broken arms and legs in my life, though I sincerely doubt that it's in any way indicative of a sheltered life or particularly wise acquaintances. I can recall half a dozen gunshot wounds and the number of people I've personally known who've successfully committed suicide is no less than 30.

Intelligence is mostly hereditary, thus wisdom is beyond human influence.

Well, ignoring for a moment that WIS and INT are entirely different stats altogether, if we're to suppose that "wisdom is beyond human influence" and that "there was a once a time when living to an old age required wisdom" doesn't that mean that, in your view, the defining trait in the longevity of an individual mostly depends on factors beyond human influence? Obviously it does, but since you're railing against the idea I'm sure you've simply slipped up somewhere.

Luck is not an explanation. Ascribing everything to luck is the same bullshit cop-out that ascribes everything to God, minus the magic.

It's not an explanation. It's a way of shifting responsibility from God or fate or other forces at play in situations that are outside of human influence. Entirely different beast from God, of course; God has a plan, LK doesn't -- it's pure chaos. Do you perhaps have some other substitute in mind which better fits your spiritual conviction?

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The only Total Biscuit thread I want to see is the one announcing his passing.

Beastro

Arcane

:edgy:

Really working hard to earn
shitposter.png

Beastro

Arcane

:edgy:

Really working hard to earn
shitposter.png
Look who is talking... I'd argue anyone who praises TB deserves the shitposter tag.

Praise or criticism, I don't care. That's not the point.

Wtf did the man do to you to gloat so much over his terminal condition?

The man's most likely going to die. That doesn't mean he deserve a pass on anything, grill him for what he does all you want, just don't be a gleeful little shit about his mortality when all the man does is review video games.

Fucking internet emotional dissociative crap.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
Turned gaming 'journalism' into what it is today.

Oh, my a capital crime, indeed. :retarded:

And it's not even true, or rather fully true, I don't give much a damn about it because I largely ignore it, but whatever he's done doesn't compare to the fuck up incestuous nature the journos have with the industry, which preceded him by a decade, if not two.

Mustawd

IGN was making hack video reviews before TB was ever a thing. Which was preceded by years and years of shilling with their written articles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom