Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War: Three Kingdoms - the next major historical Total War title set in ancient China

Tigranes

Arcane
Just play one of the good old koei RTKs. Hours of solid fun.

A horse of course

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS – Six Things You’ve Asked About Classic Mode

Our next major historical title, Total War: THREE KINGDOMS, features two modes: Classic Mode (predominantly based on the historical text Records of the Three Kingdoms) and Romance of the Three Kingdoms Mode (inspired by the 14th century historical epic of the same name).

Classic Mode is everything you’ve come to expect from eighteen years of historical Total War: a commitment to historical authenticity, grand-scale conquest, empire management, and the struggle for ultimate military control at the heart of one of history’s greatest conflicts. It’s based on what the historians say happened in Three Kingdoms China, but with the trademark Total War sandbox systems enabling you to guide and rewrite events.

Romance Mode is where things get a little different for the series – but not wildly so. If you’re unfamiliar with Romance of the Three Kingdoms, it’s a cornerstone of Asian culture and widely viewed as one of China’s four great classic novels. It still depicts the actual events, conflicts and political narrative of the period, but with embellishments and embroideries dialling the epic up to 11, as characters perform legendary deeds in both the stateroom and the midst of battle. And yes, you should totally read it.

While Romance Mode is based on this romanticised vision of history, there’s a lot of fine detail that the novel doesn’t cover. For example, the novel doesn’t delve into the architecture of the period, the minutiae of Chinese culture at that time, or the specifics of how armies are organised and formed, which are all key aspects in establishing a feeling of authenticity for the next deep and rich Total War sandbox. In such instances we’ve made design choices based on what the more formal histories say, along with advice from our historical consultant, Rafe De Crespigny. So in many areas of gameplay, Romance Mode is actually a more historically grounded experience than you might expect.

Character theatrics aside, our interpretations of the nuts and bolts of ancient Chinese conquest are very similar in both modes. The real difference between the two is the level of emphasis each places on certain features, while reducing the focus on others.

In Classic Mode for example, battle outcomes are decided principally by how you control your army, with individual heroes appearing as regular mortals and having minimal physical impact. As a result, your heroes have a different level of importance in campaign. In Romance Mode, battle outcomes can be heavily influenced by heroes. This means they have greater value to your armies, and in turn they’ll play a more prominent role in your campaign. So Classic mode is all about tactics and statecraft, while Romance is more about personal bravado and individual martial prowess.

Having a condensed list of fundamental tweaks like this allows us to give each mode a distinct feel while staying true to our different angles of source material. And speaking of the specific differences, we’ve noticed a few recurring questions being asked about Classic Mode, so hopefully the following will offer some clarity.

1. Will heroes use historically authentic equipment in Classic Mode?
In Classic Mode, 3D character models will use historically authentic weapons and period-correct armour. However, 2D Character art will keep a slightly stylised flavour with characters wearing more flamboyant clothing, but we will remove the out of period chainmail and ceremonial weapons to reinforce the historical authenticity of the mode. Having more distinctive 2D art for each character is important to help players pick out who is who in the heat of battle. If hero unit cards all show them wearing similar armour and clothing, that becomes a much harder job.

2. Will heroes be single-unit entities in Classic Mode?
Nope, they fight on the battlefield with a retinue of bodyguards surrounding them like generals in previous historical Total War games. As these characters are only human, they can be killed if left exposed, so you’ll need to protect them if you want them to survive a battle.

3. Will Hero combat abilities feature in Classic Mode?
No, these abilities are drawn based on each character’s romanticised exploits, and aren’t present in the historical texts. A quick example is Xu Chu – based on his depiction as an indomitable brute with incredible strength, in Romance Mode he has an AoE attack ability called Earth Shattering Strike, which he doesn’t have in Classic Mode.

4. Will duels feature in Classic Mode?
Yes, but they work differently to how they do in Romance Mode and follow the historical references we have for single combat. Firstly, they happen much more organically than in Romance Mode: rather than choosing a duel option, a duel can break out between two heroes whenever they clash on the battlefield. Secondly, as heroes are not single entity units in Classic Mode, when two heroes duel, their two retinues of bodyguards will clash too. The clashing bodyguards will encircle the heroes and face off while the duel takes place. Thirdly, as heroes won’t have special combat abilities, there is less focus placed on the actions you take during a duel, and more emphasis placed on how you manage the rest of your army while the duel takes place.

5. Will Classic Mode affect battle pacing?
Typically yes, battles will be slower-paced on average. Without powerful single-entity heroes to carve through enemy frontlines, disrupt formations or pin down stronger units, the pace will be different and will allow you more time to think of your next move on the battlefield. Additionally, fatigue will play a greater role in Classic Mode where troops will tire more easily.

There’ll still be quick battles – when one side vastly outnumbers the other for example – but on average, battles will last longer in Classic mode.

6. Will Classic Mode suffer somehow compared to Romance Mode?
We’re seeing some concern that somehow Classic Mode won’t be “done right” due to Romance Mode. Rest assured Classic is a complete historical Total War experience. If we weren’t doing a Romance Mode, Classic would be the Ancient China TW game we’d be releasing.

But the Romance of the Three Kingdoms is such an epic source of inspiration, how could we not add in a way of playing the game that celebrates it?

Worth noting that the visuals and code we will be sharing on the run up to launch will typically be taken from Romance Mode, but we will be showing plenty of Classic Mode let’s plays, live streams and information on both modes as we get closer to launch.

TL;DR: Classic Mode is more a game of statecraft, Romance Mode is more a game about characters.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
If AI would be as silly as in WH 2, it would be quite hard to play. I feel like they are degrading that stuff.

A horse of course

Looks like it'll be playable at Gnomescom.

Football Manager 2019 Makes Gamescom Debut as SEGA Announces Line-up for 2018 Show
SEGA is bringing its most hotly anticipated titles to Gamescom 2018 including Total War: THREE KINGDOMS, Team Sonic Racing, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, Persona 3 Dancing in the Moonlight and Persona 5 Dancing in the Starlight. All will be playable at the Deep Silver stand in Hall 9, B011-C010 alongside an exciting Football Manager 2019 activation.

Team Sonic Racing, developed by award-winning studio Sumo Digital, is the ultimate arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing experience, featuring your favourite characters from across the Sonic Universe. Visitors to the stand will have the opportunity to race on an all new track, Ice Mountain, and experience two brand new playable teams.

Creative Assembly’s Total War: THREE KINGDOMS will also showcase never-seen-before content and consumers will get the chance to go hands-on with the game for the very first time. Players will witness an exclusive look at the exotic lands of ancient China in a campaign map flythrough before being thrust into the midst of a night-time ambush battle. Sun Jian’s army, led by Sun Ren and Sun Quan, must defend against waves of incoming heroes and warriors or choose to make a break for freedom.

As if that wasn’t enough, epic strategy RPG Valkyria Chronicles 4, frantic action/adventure Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, and the hugely anticipated rhythm games Persona 3 Dancing in the Moonlight and Persona 5 Dancing in the Starlight will feature on the stand in a collection of some of the hottest unreleased Japanese IP on the planet. Make sure you leave yourself enough time to play everything!

Football Manager 2019 will make its Gamescom debut this year as an official partner of the Bundesliga, with an activation that will put football fans in the firing line for questioning from renowned ESPN Football Journalist, Raphael Honigstein. After they’ve been grilled, they’ll get to line-up in front of a Football Manager themed step and repeat for an authentic Football Manager photo and leave with a Football Manager notebook. A must have for would-be managers! The game itself will not be playable.

For more information about SEGA, log on to www.sega.co.uk or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Tigranes

Arcane
It will probably be a poor man's KOEI ROTK. And given how new KOEI ROTKs are also the poor man's KOEI ROTK...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...cs-are-old-hat-but-its-espionage-has-promise/

Total War: Three Kingdoms' battle tactics are old hat, but its espionage has promise

“Spearmen before archers,” I mutter to myself, as the Gamescom build for Creative Assembly’s Total War: Three Kingdoms spins up. “Spearmen before archers.” In 20 years of playing Total War games set everywhere and when, from feudal Japan to medieval Europe, that magic mantra has never steered me wrong: it’s the equivalent of “i before e except in c”, or “always hit the treasure chest before opening it” in Dark Souls. A Total War battle in which placing spearmen before archers doesn’t at least get you through the opening five minutes is, probably, a sign that Armageddon is imminent. Will Three Kingdoms be the installment that breaks the chain and brings about the fall of civilisation?

Of course not. As the demo battle – a night-time skirmish in the mountains – begins, hundreds of uncouth sword dudes stream from a bamboo forest above the road where my army is innocently ambling along. I dutifully stretch out a welcome mat of the second century’s finest polearms, slide my ranged units behind it, and watch with satisfaction as the ambushers are poked and pecked to a bloody standstill. Then I run a couple of cavalry units up the slope, and swing them round and down into the enemy’s rear in the tactician’s equivalent of a golf clap, scaring the other general off-map in the process. It’s over in seconds, the carnage daubed lavender and orange by combusting trees and the flying lanterns that, in Three Kingdoms, stylishly telegraph the discovery of hidden units. But wait, what’s that unholy trumpeting in the distance?

That trumpeting is the sound of reinforcements arriving, and unhelpfully, they are right between me and the map’s (optional) exfiltration point – a new feature of ambush battles in Three Kingdoms. I hastily drag-select everybody and aim them at the middle of the map, where a bare hilltop confers a moderate defensive advantage. While my army is on the move I have a moment to reflect on some of the finer details here. Formations, for instance: my Protectors of Heaven infantry have access to Hollow Square, which sees them facing outward in all directions, making them (whisper it) unflankable. My Azure Dragons can separate like curdling milk into a line of spearmen backed by archers, Total War’s golden rule of thumb replicated inside a unit.

It doesn’t take my army long to trundle across the map because everybody runs by default – a perk of Romance mode, the more dramatic and less plausible of Three Kingdoms’ two overarching campaign playstyles, where fatigue is less of an inconvenience and battles are proportionately snappier. (The other, if you’re late to the party on this front, is Classic, which is based on exciting historical artefacts like crop tallies rather than the boring old feats of godlike valour depicted in the ancient Chinese epic, Romance of the Three Kingdoms). And then there are my heroes, Sun Ren and Sun Quan. This being Romance mode, they’re effectively free-roaming superheroes rather than just overpaid people in loud hats who fight alongside your rank-and-file.

Sun Ren is a Vanguard, which means she’s all about wrecking other heroes and molesting crowds: her two abilities are Heart Seeker, a high damage bow ability, and Flames of the Phoenix, an AOE blast. Sun Quan is a Commander, which means he’s all about holding fast and juicing up your basic units: his two abilities are Stone Bulwark, which takes the sting out of incoming arrows, and Unyielding Earth, which makes nearby friendlies more resilient against charges and melee attacks.

Usefully, the two are blood relations, so if one of them dies the other will go bonkers with grief for three minutes, gaining huge stat increases. It’s the shallow end of a fearsome depth of personality politics in Three Kingdoms, with your decisions between battles theoretically dictated as much by the traits, foibles, kinships and rivalries of celebrity characters as army size or the robustness of your economy.

Brendan has already gone over the broad strokes of all that, so let me dig into one of the knottier elements: spying. Where heroes in older Total Wars were essentially generated at random per faction, heroes in Three Kingdoms are drawn from a persistent recruitment pool that is shared by all factions. Each has a satisfaction level affected by how well you cater to their traits, which are partly or completely unknown to begin with: a hero who lives for the whiff of freshly shed blood probably won’t be content with a management role in one of your backwater cities, for instance.

If their satisfaction drops too low heroes will cause disruption, quit or even rise against their lords, forcing you to kill or banish them (at the risk of annoying any other heroes they’re on good terms with). Banish a hero, and he or she will return to the recruitment pool. You can also, however, pretend to banish heroes, casting them out with much over-compensatory ceremony in the hope that another faction will hire them, whereupon they’ll serve as a double agent.

Three_kingdoms-2018.08.07-16.06.24.03_Moment-1212x682.jpg

Once recruited by somebody else, these heroes will do all the things a loyal subject might do, including participating in attacks on the faction they’re secretly in bed with. They also, however, let you see what enemy units on the campaign map are up to, and you can spend precious cover points – which accrue passively and otherwise act as protection against exposure – to trigger acts of sabotage.

These range from standard Total War cloak-and-dagger operations like sowing discontent in cities to slower, more consequential gambits worthy of The Usual Suspects. You might leave your agent be for hours, letting them gain levels and prestige, growing ever more central to your enemy’s designs till, at long last, they’re anointed heir to the entire faction. Then you arrange for the existing leader to accidentally swallow something sharp, and hey presto – you’ve conquered a third of the map in a single move. Give or take a civil war with any rivals to that faction’s throne, anyway.

Grandmasterly reversals of this scope are sure to be rare, but the threat of them should invest the average Three Kingdoms endgame with refreshing paranoia. Especially, of course, in multiplayer, where the absence of an explicitly-labelled PvP mode may only serve to stoke tensions. “You’ve got two good friends playing together, and you know, why wouldn’t you just put a spy in your friend’s camp?” comments Al Bickham, Creative Assembly’s development and communications manager. “Just in case. It may never come to anything.” Even if you don’t turn on your ally, it might repay you to keep tabs on their movements. “Why is it that I always have an army ready to swoop in and take the settlement after you’ve beaten an enemy?” ponders Attila Mohacsi, senior game designer.

Back to the demo battle, where things aren’t going too swimmingly. As I’m lining up my forces along the hilltop a second army emerges from the forests behind me. Perhaps making a stand isn’t the best idea, after all. But how to reach the exit, with all those flashing spearpoints in the way? I experiment with another time-honoured Total War tactic – kiting the other side’s infantry with my cavalry. It’s super effective, but in the process, sparky old Sun Ren gets into a bout of trash-talking with an enemy hero, Zhang Liao. As far as martial repartee goes the writing is more or less up there with “where did you buy your clothes – the toilet store?” but it’s incentive enough to initiate a duel, which sees both heroes dismounting for some motion-captured high jinks while basic troops maintain a respectful distance.

Three_kingdoms-2018.08.07-16.06.24.03_Moment3-1212x682.jpg

Winning or losing duels (which you’re free to turn down) has an obvious effect on your army’s morale. Beyond ensuring that your newbs aren’t pitched against seasoned warriors, the trick to them is essentially spamming your character’s abilities. Unfortunately for Sun Ren, I’m too busy sneaking everybody else down the valley to pay much attention, and after a few spirited moments she takes an axe to the lower intestine. Sun Quan accordingly flips his lid and starts kicking formations apart like sandcastles, which at least helps me power through the enemy line and get around a third of my army to safety.

There’s a lot about Three Kingdoms that’s familiar to the point of enervating – the importance of morale and positioning, the rock-paper-scissors relations between unit categories, the somewhat patchy battlefield AI which sees massed battalions haring off in pursuit of a single cavalry unit. The trouble – a perennial problem where this franchise is concerned – is that the more exotic elements aren’t the kind of thing you can properly explore in an hour or so of play. Still, Creative Assembly has had a lot of success with weirder campaign dynamics in recent years, and while I doubt this iteration’s flair for espionage will exceed dedicated intrigue ’em ups like Crusader Kings, the prospect of cat-and-mouse games within a persistent hero population sounds thrilling. After all, what use are spears and arrows against treachery?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-three-kingdoms-goes-all-in-on-heroes/

Total War: Three Kingdoms goes all-in on heroes
Legendary characters clash on ancient battlefields.

4qUBVbrBvh8ch2ioaPXZS-320-80.jpg

Total War: Three Kingdoms is bringing the series' grand strategy formula to ancient China. It's the first large-scale historical Total War game since Attila, and while it's still about massive real-time battles and turn-based empire building, there is a strong focus on the legendary heroes competing to form the next great dynasty.

Heroes have distinct personalities and loyalties. They can be great fighters on the battlefield, or masterful city governors. They can kill for you, spy for you, or even betray you and throw your faction into civil war. There's more to say about how the game plays on the battlefield, but today I'll focus on characters, because they represent the biggest change for the series.

Everything described here is represented in 'romance' mode, which incorporates the mythical elements of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Three Kingdoms also features a more realistic mode that changes in-game events and dilemmas, and changes how the heroes are depicted in the battlefield to create a more sober historical take on the period. We haven't seen that yet, so some of these features may work a little differently depending on the type of campaign you play.

You are a hero in Three Kingdoms
Instead of picking a faction, as you would in a traditional Total War game, you pick a hero from a choice of 11, and take their role in the campaign. That means you have to be careful to ensure you have a trusted heir in place (in Three Kingdoms, there are lots of reasons to mistrust heirs, but I'll get to that later). Three faction leaders have been revealed so far: Cao Cao, Liu Bei, and Sun Jian.

At the start of the campaign, a bunch of fragile alliances oppose Dong Zhuo. It sounds like he's going to serve as an opening miniboss, an appetiser that brings heroes into conflict. Your ultimate goal, once you've subdued Dong Zhuo, is to unify China under your banner.

You structure your armies around heroes
You build armies out of hero retinues in Total War: Three Kingdoms. An army can have up to three heroes, and each hero comes with up to six unit slots. In 'Romance' mode you control heroes independently and they can take on whole units in combat. In the more realistic alternative mode heroes have an honour guard so they look less like all-powerful superheroes.

In battle you can control units independently and group them however you wish—just like a normal Total War game. However, units in a hero’s retinue will inherit any formations the hero knows. Some types of hero are better at passing on abilities to their retinue and buffing any units standing nearby, other heroes are better at fighting.

There are five types of hero
Strategists: Creative Assembly's Development communications manager Al Bickham describes them as squishy characters with "big brains and small hands, but they're good at pointing." They excel at bringing new formations to battle. A unit of spearmen innately know how to form a spear wall, but if they're attached to a strategist they might also know how to form a hollow square or a hollow circle to defend from all angles. You move your strategists into the middle of one of these formations to protect them in battle. Strategists can also debuff enemy heroes.

Vanguard: Powerful, rash warriors who disrupt the front line with big attacks. The vanguard hero I played with in the demo battle had a wide sweep attack that could send enemies flying, and a 'heartseeker' bow attack that softened up enemy heroes for duels.

Commander: Described as classic Total War generals. They can fight, but they excel at buffing units around them with area-of-effect boosts. In the battle I played my commander could deploy a shout that braced nearby units for enemy charges. Ordering a bunch of spearmen to form a wall and then yelling at them to hold feels awesome.

Sentinels: Brutish and tough. They take ages to kill, even in duels.

Champions: Battlefield assassins that are born to duel. Point them at a hero you want dead and enjoy the show.

Duelling is pretty neat
If a hero is close enough to an enemy hero you can click a small 'duel' button above their portrait on the UI, and then select the enemy hero they want to duel. If the enemy accepts, fighters form a respectful ring around the combatants as they go at it. This looks great, thanks to some acrobatic mo-cap on the heroes themselves, but it also serves some tactical purposes. You can send a sentinel to lock down a vanguard hero, stopping them from tearing up your infantry. A hero might last longer in a duel than they would soaking up heartseeker arrows and heavy cavalry charges in open battle.

In the battle I played I was able to refuse duels repeatedly, seemingly without penalty, and I wonder how this will quell the effectiveness of hero-killing champions and other combat characters. You can pull out of duels if it looks like you're losing. This is a very sensible move, because heroes have massive effect on the campaign map as well as in battle.

Heroes can spy on enemies and start civil wars
Heroes have their own needs and allegiances that can shift across the course of a campaign. They form friendships and rivalries with other characters, and their satisfaction levels will change based on your actions. You can use this to your advantage by letting loyal characters leave your faction, under orders that they should spy on whoever else picks them up.

The longer a spy stays in the opposing faction, the more trusted they become, and the more they can do to disrupt enemy activity. Heroes have 'cover points' that they can spend to take these actions. If the spy rises to the point where they become the heir to the enemy faction, you can trigger a civil war in their territory. Alternatively, if you can't wait, you can instruct your spy hero to break cover and raise an army in enemy territory.

Computer controlled factions will float spies for you to recruit, so a degree of "healthy paranoia" is recommended, according to Bickham. You can construct counter-espionage buildings that increase the cover cost of spies operating in that province, and you can send heroes to do some direct counter-espionage. You can banish or execute suspects, but this could affect the satisfaction levels of any heroes in your faction that were friends with them.

The ultimate counter-move is to make the spy in your ranks so satisfied with your faction that you can use them as a double agent and send them back to their home faction as a spy for you. You can improve heroes' satisfaction by behaving in ways they approve of (some hate it when you execute your enemies, for example), or you can give them gifts and powerful positions.

It sounds like a smart way to roll some old agent roles into heroes, and it will create opportunities for sneaky counter-play in multiplayer campaigns.

For more on the game, check out the gorgeous new campaign map, and catch up with everything else we know about Total War: Three Kingdoms.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
The more I listen to this VA the more I realize I'll have to go with the native language for authenticity.

Mazisky

Magister
Maybe is a useless feature for the crowd but i always dreamed about a day night cycle in a total war campaign map. I hope from now they will feature that in all future total war games, expecially warhammer 3.

Norfleet

The more I listen to this VA the more I realize I'll have to go with the native language for authenticity.
There really isn't so much "authenticity" with regards to language of something so long ago. The modern Chinese that people speak today is, like any other language, different from the ancient Chinese that would have been spoken back then.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There really isn't so much "authenticity" with regards to language of something so long ago. The modern Chinese that people speak today is, like any other language, different from the ancient Chinese that would have been spoken back then.

Authenticity isn't the point, it's about register and prestige. The senators and aristos in HBO's Rome don't sound like the Sopranos or Jersey Shore, so why should great statesmen and warrior poets of the Eastern Han sound like they are selling bootleg dvds on mott street?
US cannot into the idea that you should consume media in the original language + subtitles as large portions of the rest of the world does.
So instead of that you get English + accent.

Imagine if that is what Age Of Empires would have done, instead of some audio snippets in another language, some terrible fake accent :lol:

A horse of course

Invicta is actually a pretty good player from what I understand, even veteran TW e-celebs play like shit when they're streaming. CA employees deliberately play like shit in videos to make the AI look more challenging.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Invicta is actually a pretty good player from what I understand, even veteran TW e-celebs play like shit when they're streaming. CA employees deliberately play like shit in videos to make the AI look more challenging.
I am aware the he is not actually that bad mate ;). He was just showcasing the game and playing shit for shekels. I was just pissed at all the poor strategic decisions.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Have you considered that maybe the battles look like shit because they are shit? I watched the ambush battle video they put out and it looked horrible. Infantry has zero weight, cavalry zips around way too fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom