Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
For TW3, I am certain they will add an "order" faction such as Kislev. I think Kislev makes the most sense, since it would be the frontline against Chaos warriors, Chaos daemons, Chaos dwarves, or even the Ogre kingdoms. Although as much as I love new factions, I hope CA touches up all the old factions with new mechanics or flesh out existing mechanics (i.e., offices for empire,).

The big question in my mind is whether it will be Total Warhammer 3: End Times.

v1rus

Arcane
So, wait, did i get this straight - after this update, you can pretty much experience any Total War Warhammer I content (incl campaigns) in Total War Warhammer II? (Provided you have the first game, ofc)

Andnjord

Arcane
So, wait, did i get this straight - after this update, you can pretty much experience any Total War Warhammer I content (incl campaigns) in Total War Warhammer II? (Provided you have the first game, ofc)
With increased loading times, yes. The Norsca faction isn't in yet, they'll come in a patch soon.

v1rus

Arcane
With increased loading times, yes. The Norsca faction isn't in yet, they'll come in a patch soon.

That means i can just delete 30 gb War 1? Oh, what a merry day.

By how much did loading times increase?

tabacila

Augur

You won't get the same campaigns as Warhammer 1.
You'll get the Mortal Empires campaign, which takes place on a combined Old World with parts of Lustria and Southlands map and would play similarly to the main campaign from TWW1. You won't get the Season of Revelation and Eye for an Eye (or whatever the mini campaigns for Wood Elves and Beastmen were called).

Mortal Empires is also missing more than just the Norsca faction. It's missing the updates for the other races that came with the Norsca update, the so-called Foundation Update.
The campaign still has some idiotic bugs, most annoying being the Chaos invasion working like it was in the Eye of the Vortex Campaign. Instead of a Chaos force spawning and trying to fuck-up the whole world now 3-4 Chaos factions spawn, each with a couple of pretty solid stacks and ignore everything on the map and come directly to fuck just your shit up. This is even more annoying when you realize that don't declare war on you, they just spawn at war with you so your allies don't do shit. Apparently they just forgot to remove this Vortex Campaign mechanic for the Mortal Empires. If you get TWW2 stick with the Vortex Campaign for now and wait for paches/mods for Mortal Empires.

v1rus

Arcane

You won't get the same campaigns as Warhammer 1.
You'll get the Mortal Empires campaign, which takes place on a combined Old World with parts of Lustria and Southlands map and would play similarly to the main campaign from TWW1. You won't get the Season of Revelation and Eye for an Eye (or whatever the mini campaigns for Wood Elves and Beastmen were called).

Mortal Empires is also missing more than just the Norsca faction. It's missing the updates for the other races that came with the Norsca update, the so-called Foundation Update.
The campaign still has some idiotic bugs, most annoying being the Chaos invasion working like it was in the Eye of the Vortex Campaign. Instead of a Chaos force spawning and trying to fuck-up the whole world now 3-4 Chaos factions spawn, each with a couple of pretty solid stacks and ignore everything on the map and come directly to fuck just your shit up. This is even more annoying when you realize that don't declare war on you, they just spawn at war with you so your allies don't do shit. Apparently they just forgot to remove this Vortex Campaign mechanic for the Mortal Empires. If you get TWW2 stick with the Vortex Campaign for now and wait for paches/mods for Mortal Empires.

Well, I'm actually not in the mood for WAR right now, but I would appreciate that when the mood comes, to only have to keep the second one - I like keeping games i like on my desktop, and having both war 1 and war 2 takes up 70 gb - 70gb of my ssd since im certain you cant play the games if they are on regular hdd.

Last edited:

v1rus

Arcane
cant play the game if they are on regular hdd.
You can, you just have to forget about setting the texture quality to anything higher than medium. At least on my HDD that's what made the biggest difference to loading times :negative:.

Well, the game being quite shiny and polished graphic-wise is its biggest strength if i understood correctly, aside the setting ofc, so... :negative:

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
the turn times went from bad to terrible

Playing ME without an SSD = silly buggerism. Even with an SSD, the game's processing ~120 factions a turn.

v1rus

Arcane
Well, I have never played any Total War game nor tabletop - and since I've heard that tutorials are notoriously bad, what would you guys say, should play the tutorial of War 1 or 2?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Playing ME without an SSD = silly buggerism. Even with an SSD, the game's processing ~120 factions a turn.
What SSD has with it? CPU speed is important. I have nearly no turn times in WH1, and Rome II EE turn times are fine as well. (because I spend effort to get version with neutered DRM)

v1rus

Arcane

What SSD has with it? CPU speed is important. I have nearly no turn times in WH1, and Rome II EE turn times are fine as well. (because I spend effort to get version with neutered DRM)

Well, its about loading times for me - it used to load for a seriously long time, before I transferred the game to ssd - became A LOT faster.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Instead of a Chaos force spawning and trying to fuck-up the whole world now 3-4 Chaos factions spawn, each with a couple of pretty solid stacks and ignore everything on the map and come directly to fuck just your shit up.
You don't think this is fun game design? Wuss.

q41kyboiskuz.png

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I can't stress the sound design enough. The random outbursts from Skaven are funny as hell. "EVERYTHING IS FALLING APART! RIOT!"

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am in the final stretch of the Kroq-gar campaign on Hard (with SFO installed) and what a wild ride. Every step of the way, I was outnumbered and outmaneuvered. Additionally, Skaven and Vampiric corruption force you to push out and neutralized the threat. The moment I neutralized the skaven, vampiric corruption grew too large to ignore, which meant I had to embark on yet another crusade. Once I neutralized both undead empires, the Orks started to get uppity. Furthermore, the intervention forces feel far more brutal. I had a High Elf intervention force with at least 4-5 dragons, and I do not know if that is a recent change or a SFO change.

In the last 10 turns, the Order of Loremasters attacked me from the south (5 stacks sent by sea) and Lothern in the north led by Tyrion (4 stacks, each with a dragon attached). I easily crush the Order of Loremasters with Kro-qar, but my northern empire is likely going to fall. I managed to kill Tyrion and another army via Lightning Strike cheese, but I think I am at the end of my luck. My troops never get the chance to replenish or replace units, because whatever stack I do not defeat proceeds to initiates a siege. Once in siege, my troops no longer replenish. To make matters worse, I am stuck in a small settlement, and so the garrison and the defensive towers are weaker.

I am so close, yet so far. Even once I initiate the final ritual, I have to fend off the chaos stacks, intervention forces, and whatever Lothern and Order of Loremasters can muster.

Vibalist

Arcane
Does anyone know when Chaos is supposed to show up in Mortal Empires? I've played two games post patch, and in both I've reached turn 160 or thereabouts and they're nowhere in sight.

In the latest patch, instead of triggering by turn number they're triggered by player expansion. I don't know the exact size, but I've seen the invasion happen once so far when I confederated with a giant AI

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom