Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

razvedchiki

Erudite
guise lets say a friend of mine wants to try mortal empires but he only has warhammer 2,would he risk his steam account if he uses creamapi?

Aemar

Arcane
The first game is only 15 euros these days (Steam sale). Risking an entire account for that amount of money is simply not worth it.

A horse of course

guise lets say a friend of mine wants to try mortal empires but he only has warhammer 2,would he risk his steam account if he uses creamapi?

Just get the fitgirl repack if you're that worried, but be aware it's not patched to the most recent update yet.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Steam doesn't give a shit. I have tons of cheevos for games DLC I don't own. Might wanna set your profile to private though to prevent snitching.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
Is there a mod that adds the regiments of renown from the tabletop?every "lore" units mod has some retarded named units that are not in the books ie "archaeons autists","reiksguard guardeners" wtf.
Anyone tried tabletop overhaul?

Last edited:

A horse of course

Is there a mod that adds the regiments of renown from the tabletop?every "lore" units mod has some retarded named units that are not in the books ie "archaeons autists","reiksguard guardeners" wtf.
Anyone tried tabletop overhaul?

What RoR's are you referring to? The old Fighting Fantasy packs? Dogs of War?

mwnn85

Savant
Last chance to grab Total Warhammer 1 for ~81% off / £8.45 @ Fanatical (BundleStars/FocusMultimedia)

Pretty much the cheapest price it sells for (like that comparison site more than isthereanydeal)
After waiting for years I picked up a copy and it runs well even on my outdated Phenom 2 under Linux.
Obviously it's a shame to miss out on the DLC so I've asked them to re-activate this old DLC bundle with a massive 75% discount; I'd bite for ~£15 or less.
It's logical that all the people who ordered the base game in the sale might want the DLC.
STEAM are doing them individually at 50% off; but I'm not paying £28 for DLC!
Some of them even were given out for free.

I've also asked them to bundle Shogun 2 Complete and FoTS Complete for a tenner in a digital "gold edition"
The retail gold version can be had for £15 @ game.
I expect Shogun 2 will be converted into a Definitive Edition this year - it's only a year younger than Napoleon.
The Linux release came out mid-way through 2017.
Alternatively I could pick up the base game if they don't come through £6.24 on STEAM & Fanatical.

Fingers crossed for those.
I didn't want to chance the grey market sites like cdkeys & instant-gaming; shouldn't have to provide shots of my driving license to purchase a video game.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
the state regiments like aldorfs company of honour,carroburg greatswords,nuln engineers,nuln great cannon etc.and the dogs of war regiments which i have seen a mod that includes them as factional units.
stuff like that,i have seen that the games RoR implementation is renaming a standard unit with retarded names.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Last chance to grab Total Warhammer 1 for ~81% off / £8.45 @ Fanatical (BundleStars/FocusMultimedia)

Pretty much the cheapest price it sells for (like that site more than isthereanydeal)
After waiting for years I picked up a copy and it runs well even on my outdated Phenom 2 under Linux.
Obviously it's a shame to miss out on the DLC so I've asked them to re-activate this old DLC bundle with a massive 75% discount; I'd bite for ~£15 or less.
It's logical that all the people who ordered the base game in the sale might want the DLC.
STEAM are doing them individually at 50% off; but I'm not paying £28 for DLC!
Some of them even were given out for free.

I've also asked them to bundle Shogun 2 Complete and FoTS Complete for a tenner in a digital "gold edition"
The retail gold version can be had for £15 @ game.
I expect Shogun 2 will be converted into a Definitive Edition this year - it's only a year younger than Napoleon.
The Linux release came out mid-way through 2017.
Alternatively I could pick up the base game if they don't come through £6.24 on STEAM & Fanatical.

Fingers crossed for those.
I didn't want to chance the grey market sites like cdkeys & instant-gaming; shouldn't have to provide shots of my driving license to purchase a video game.

my.... friend has bought a dozen keys from g2a and didnt have any problems with fault keys,though he uses a card he doesnt care.

mwnn85

Savant
Perhaps it's shamefur to admit it but I was browsing various eBay listings; doing the digital equivalent of dumpster diving although I prefer to think of it as recycling :smug:
Most of the used copies have already been knowingly activated by the seller and so are useless to any buyer.
But sometimes there's pictures of the packaging without the serial obscured and you can get lucky (i.e. Rome#1, Rome#2)

I managed to find some de-activated serial keys for Rome Total War (Gold), Medieval 2 and Empire Total War.
The latter two are cross-platform and have been upgraded to definitive editions recently - all for £0.

Napoleon was sold as "Games for Windows Live" & "White Label" budget title so that should be possible as well.
Anything that came after was clearly advertised as requiring STEAM on the box.
https://web.archive.org/web/2016050...powered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

Better that I have em rather than wasting the serial forever!
Hence I figure I'm not doing too badly if I pick up Shogun 2 + Warhammer DLC for cheap.

Last edited:

A horse of course

the state regiments like aldorfs company of honour,carroburg greatswords,nuln engineers,nuln great cannon etc.and the dogs of war regiments which i have seen a mod that includes them as factional units.
stuff like that,i have seen that the games RoR implementation is renaming a standard unit with retarded names.

Not 100% sure what you're looking for. The game's RoRz are typically based on units from various fluff books like Uniforms and Heraldry of The Empire, narrative campaigns like Sigmar's Blood and so on. As far as I'm aware there's no canonical, established listing of "Regiments of Renown" in the universe because the very meaning of RoRz changed over different editions. From older editions, Menghil's Manflayers were repurposed as a Rogue Army in WH2, Orleon's Bowmen were turned into a minor faction for the Vortex campaign, Golgfag's Ogre Mercenaries were phased out and incorporated into Ogre Kingdoms so they'll probably end up in game 3 as part of that race, and so forth. Carroburg Greatswords, Nuln Ironsides and other fluff named units are in either Steel Faith or Radious, possibly both, and there are some other fluff packs like Decomposed's mods, though I don't use them.

In terms of Dogs of War factions, there are at least a couple of mods adding them as factions on the Steam Workshop, as well as a mod that lets you hire Rogue Factions like Menghil as mercenary AI armies. Some overhaul mods like Cataph's Southern Realms fold a lot of DoW units and heroes into the Tilea/Estalia/New World/Border Prince factions.

razvedchiki

Erudite
southern realms is a no go because it requires faction unlocker that skyrockets turn time,im at 1 min 40 secs with vanilla factions (what a unoptimised shitty game).
cant wait for 3 and its 5 mins turn time combined map.

A horse of course

You can try mods like the "No Diplomacy offers during end turns" to help things along but there's nothing you can really do about ME turn times other than the turn time destroyer script. I have a beast of a machine but the turn times really minimize my interest in Mortal Empires. I'll usually play the first 50-100 turns and then start a new campaign.

razvedchiki

Erudite
I was that close to bying both games when i tried them out to see how they run,almost 2 mins FIRST turn time and 1 min load time with an ssd before and after the battles hahaha wtf.
This is either due to
- CA incompetence to optimize their games
- unwillingness to due so because it costs time and money they could use to make dlcs.

Aemar

Arcane
This is either due to
- CA incompetence to optimize their games
- unwillingness to due so because it costs time and money they could use to make dlcs.
Lower specs, perhaps? I had the exact same issues before upgrading my potato PC.

Last edited:

Aemar

Arcane
As I said, recently I've upgraded my non-gaming computer (proper graphics card, more RAM - 16GB DDR3 instead of 4GB DDR3), and those annoying loading times simply vanished. Getting more RAM is definitely what fixed that issue. The rig is still below average but at least it can handle Warhammer 2 without any trouble.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
If it were well optimized you wouldn't have had to have done that.
The thing about programs is that if you have a powerful computer you can pretty much bypass most of the programming and optimization faults caused by spaghetti code and the like.

The conspiracy nut in me suspects that developers and hardware manufacturers are colluding with each other to force people to buy new parts, so the developers intentionally do a poor job optimizing or release inaccurate minimum specs.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The game relies on the CPU much more than one would think when it comes to battles and turn times. All those individual units gotta be calculated by something, and it ain't the GPU.

A horse of course

I think they're just lazy. Nvidia and CA are currently pointing fingers at each other over performance on the 400 series drivers and the 2080 RTX cards (in one site's performance test the 2080 series was up to 30fps LOWER than the 1080), with CA blaming Nvidia and Nvidia claiming the engine has a memory leak that is exposed by the 2080 cards. A lot of nvidia users have claimed going back to the 399 drivers (around Aug/September 2018) has improved their performance, though I personally saw a massive performance drop around the time of the Mortal Empires patch so I don't see the point of checking something that was changed so recently.

If I really wanted to check it I could probably find a crack of the vanilla game before ME, but meh.

A horse of course

With the delay of Three Kingdoms, CA have confirmed that the next DLC will be arriving earlier than May.

BASED fantasychads win again

tabacila

Augur
So let's say at least 6-8 weeks for the media hype before 3K, that leaves us at late March - early April for the new content drop.
This is good news for WH2 since we probably wouldn't have seen new content until a few months after 3K. Bad news for WH3 though, since they are probably waiting for the bulk of the people from 3K to actually start production.
I guess the best estimate for WH3 is now summer 2020?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom