Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Quick question, how do you vandalize as Greenskins? Apparently you can shit all over the enemy settlement, but I haven't seen that option.
Yeah, the new Brettonians look cool. Unfortunately I don't think they are going to give the update to Warhammer 1, even though they are from that game, so bugger me I guess.

Seethe

Arbiter
Quick question, how do you vandalize as Greenskins? Apparently you can shit all over the enemy settlement, but I haven't seen that option.
Yeah, the new Brettonians look cool. Unfortunately I don't think they are going to give the update to Warhammer 1, even though they are from that game, so bugger me I guess.

You sack the settlement. When you sack the settlement, a pile of shit will be built in one of the building slots, which will cause public order to the other regions in the enemy province. Actually useful now, that the AI no longer cheats public order.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

You sack the settlement. When you sack the settlement, a pile of shit will be built in one of the building slots, which will cause public order to the other regions in the enemy province. Actually useful now, that the AI no longer cheats public order.

Is it a Warhammer 2 thing only? I've haven't noticed it in Warhammer 1, which is what I only have atm.
So its a thing that just happens, there's no build option? And does it appear after a raze?

Seethe

Arbiter

Is it a Warhammer 2 thing only? I've haven't noticed it in Warhammer 1, which is what I only have atm.
So its a thing that just happens, there's no build option? And does it appear after a raze?

Yes, it's just a thing that happens. I am not sure what the odds are, I don't think it's guaranteed. If you sack the settlement over and over again, the shit pile increases in tiers. It definitely was in Warhammer 1 and there's where I saw it, because I did not play them in Warhammer 2.

I don't know if it happens after a raze, but you can try.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So...there's some goofy shit going on in my dwarfen game.

Totemkompf or whatever are still alive after 103 turns
Marienburg has been taken over by one of the barbarian tribes, who was at war with Chaos
Another barbarian tribe settled in kiev and declared war on chaos
Beastmen declared war on Chaos.
Archaon respawned and became general of a chaos stack, which got autoresolved into oblivion by 2 dwarven stacks that was right next to it
"Warriors of Chaos destroyed"

>That feel when you've been chosen by the dark gods, and you're not respected by other servants of the dark gods
>That feel when you get bodied literally a turn after you respawned.
>Archaon is a cuck confirmed.

Now, the question is, if the warherds of chaos survive for long enough, will chaos come back?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I finished my Mortal Empire Bretonnia campaign. It was incredibly satisfying, but you almost have to adjust the difficulty higher to compensate for all of the buffs you can stack. While that is true for many campaigns, I think it is especially true for Bretonnia due to how confederation is guaranteed and how you can stack research commandments. Also, ritualistically killing Ikik (the new skaven lord near Skavensblight) gives a 10% research trait for each lord, which makes research even faster.

Between blessing of the lady, tech tree buffs, lord buffs, and stacking 10+ armories for 2+ armor each, my armies were borderline immortal. Infinite Green Knight usage was just icing on the cake at that point, and Archaon melted. Once I can get Lucky's overhaul mod to work, I would happily play Bretonnia again.

The Brayherd AI must have changed, because I barely saw, let alone fought Beastmen.

Edit: Between Fay Enchantress, Ungrim Ironfist, and Belegar Ironhammer for my next campaign.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Shouldn't that patch also affect Warhammer 1, considering how Empire is from that game? You can't get Empire in Total Warhammer 2 without Total Warhammer 1. Why not design it to affect both?

Because TW:WH1 is a dead game. CA doesn't care about it by design, just like it won't care about TW:WH2(and 1) after WH3 comes out.

There have been numerous balance/systems changes from WH1 to 2, makes no sense to support an outdated version.

Mortmal

Arcane
So just started it as well, some will say its popamole yet sadly its more fun and deeper than playing paradox latest gameimperator.. Running through vortex campaign i dont have major issues, but mortal empires end turn is excruciatingly long. What kind of processor do you require to make it really fast, is it even possible ?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
So just started it as well, some will say its popamole yet sadly its more fun and deeper than playing paradox latest gameimperator.. Running through vortex campaign i dont have major issues, but mortal empires end turn is excruciatingly long. What kind of processor do you require to make it really fast, is it even possible ?
What CPU do you have?

Mortmal

Arcane
What CPU do you have?
Still my I5 2500K

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It runs shit by design. If you want to know then I recently switched from I5 to I7 and it makes little difference.

Mortmal

Arcane
It runs shit by design. If you want to know then I recently switched from I5 to I7 and it makes little difference.
Yes thats what i wanted to know, people on steam forums saying turn takes 15 sec are probably bullshitting again.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
15 seconds during fist 50 turns, or 50 seconds after meeting all factions in turn 200? I have about 15 seconds in first 5 turns.

Olinser

Savant
Yes thats what i wanted to know, people on steam forums saying turn takes 15 sec are probably bullshitting again.

Of course they are. They're the same idiots that play the first 10 years of Stellaris and claim they have no slowdown.

They're at the beginning of a campaign with all speed settings at max. Before you get visibility and AIs start recruiting more lords turns can be relatively quick.

It's the game, not the processor, you can't speed it up past a certain point. There's just too many factions in Mortal Empires and too much movement it has to calculate.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
If it's any consolation, Alt-Tab is your friend with WH2. I've had it crash maybe once from Alt-Tabbing - otherwise, it's been very stable and responsive to me switching for some web browsing for a minute.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Legendary is fair & balanced. (Turn 17) :lol:

eeubqje.png

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Just seen Elich getting crash and his Dwarven campaign deleted. Denuvo DRM totally worthy.

Beggar

Cipher
Having fun with this one, but the time for each turn... It's just horrible. I would love to try other factions but it would take half a day just to scratch the surface. Damn

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom