Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Hopefully this delay will perhaps mean some of that optimisation magic and perhpas some of the diplomacy system from 3K will make it into the definitive WH3. HOPEFULLY

How is the 'dueling' system from 3K? Seems like it would be a perfect fit for WarhammersTW, but I did see someone saying its a busted system in 3K.

Turuko

Learned
Sure, a recent PC with an SSD will cut down the loading times, which is very welcome, but that doesn't resolve everything.
Even with a recent PC, the epic waiting time between turns is beyond insane.
How many seconds does beyond insane mean?
Seconds? :lol:
You wish...

Even with all the mods that speed up turn times, better campaign camera, etc. I still had to wait for about 1-2 minutes each turn. And I do have a fast PC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/9uzx6j/how_to_deal_with_ridiculous_turn_times_in_mortal/
You know something is fucked up when people suggest doing push ups during turn times...

The big problem here is that they do AI turns in order instead of at the same time.

Yes, in theory, the outcome of one AI's action can influence another AI's decision - but A) that is a rather rare case and practically never affects everyone and B) the influence of one AI turn is never that big. Just let the AI "lag behind" other AI's steps by one turn and you could do AI turns simultaneously (except for combat, which affected AIs would always have to wait for).

it's the perfect game if you're re-watching a series or a movie, just whip out your laptop

i wanted to wait for the third and its endless plethora of dlcs to be able to judge a complete product but i gave up to curiosity and... holy crap it's a drug!
only problem (other than lots of troops being useless, obsolete as soon as the game starts or an outright trap between you and a succesful development) is i can't be arsed to do all the rituals because chaos and stuff spawn randomly around, or even inside, your territories and by the third ritual you're going to get some cities razed, it's inevitable.
also all the races are hidden into this other scenario (and map) with no victory condition other than the complete conquest and 2 minutes between turns wait which kills all the fun. so the natural solution would be mods... which either i can't make them work (what's the latest version? i'm on... cough cough... 1.5.0, i thought it was the latest almost-reliable) or they just don't anymore: crynsos' faction unlocker, you will be missed.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Finally tried that 'turn time destroyer' mod, OMFG it has had a YUGE impact on end of turn times!! They are similar to the first game now for ME campaign.

Cannot recommend this mod enough if you have any older system, ME campaign was borderline unplayable for me with how long it took.

Beggar

Cipher
So far Warhammer 2 is my favorite game that I decided to try this year. In my dreams I'm in the battlefield commanding to flank enemy forces with my dragons on horse dragons. I even think Warhammer 2 is changing my life for sure

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So far Warhammer 2 is my favorite game that I decided to try this year. In my dreams I'm in the battlefield commanding to flank enemy forces with my dragons on horse dragons. I even think Warhammer 2 is changing my life for sure

Dont drink and play Total War kids.
Well, you gotta do something during turn times. Might as well get wasted.

Heh... Warhammer 2: The End Turn Times...

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Sure, a recent PC with an SSD will cut down the loading times, which is very welcome, but that doesn't resolve everything.
Even with a recent PC, the epic waiting time between turns is beyond insane.
How many seconds does beyond insane mean?
Seconds? :lol:
You wish...

Even with all the mods that speed up turn times, better campaign camera, etc. I still had to wait for about 1-2 minutes each turn. And I do have a fast PC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/9uzx6j/how_to_deal_with_ridiculous_turn_times_in_mortal/
You know something is fucked up when people suggest doing push ups during turn times...

The big problem here is that they do AI turns in order instead of at the same time.

Yes, in theory, the outcome of one AI's action can influence another AI's decision - but A) that is a rather rare case and practically never affects everyone and B) the influence of one AI turn is never that big. Just let the AI "lag behind" other AI's steps by one turn and you could do AI turns simultaneously (except for combat, which affected AIs would always have to wait for).

They should probably do it where only nations near you are done in order like normal, but everywhere else is abstracted & randomised in blobs to prevent the campaigns becoming samey.

elves are completely unfair. they have unique access to the best heroes and leaders by a whole lot, the sword of khaine sits nearby and their land is very easily defendible from chaos forces. games with other "rituals" races i end them prematurely because in a way or another i'd be unstoppable but starting a ritual means i'm going to lose some cities, it's inevitable.
i've really finished only sea vampire cunts and vanilla undead campaigns.
the other map is just too ugly and its victory conditions too long to achieve.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
i've really finished only sea vampire cunts and vanilla undead campaigns.
the other map is just too ugly and its victory conditions too long to achieve.
Hope you didn't try to play Lizardmen.
That was a very unpleasant experience. I mean, it's great and logical that the jungle biome would slow down everyone else, but why the fuck does being in a jungle make the Lizardmen's armies just as slow. TW: WH 2 is slow as hell in a normal game, but with Lizardmen it's like putting another layer of slow-motion on top.

dinosaurs are my favourite race :V
this brings to my mind another problem this game has: speed of armies. it's too damn high. 99% of the times you can reach a city by starting movement just outside its region's borders, thus negating attrition altogether. attrition rituals are completely useless (worst offender is the undead book which creates unavoidable attrition in the region you just conquered: there are no enemies anymore, you're the only one going to suffer by it), they might have some use when the computer is going to siege, but a siege means he hasn't enough manpower to start with and 6-8 turns are more than enough to move back all your troops from one side to the other of a whole continent.
it also means that the only real chokepoints are the gates on elves island, all the other obstacles can easily be walked around, and that chaos invasions are going to crush some of your cities somehow.
cutting speed in half would help so much...

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
this brings to my mind another problem this game has: speed of armies. it's too damn high. 99% of the times you can reach a city by starting movement just outside its region's borders, thus negating attrition altogether.

This is by design, its to help the AI decision making. Look at the early 3D TW games, the AI was a complete disaster when it had to much space to cover and would just durdle around in no mans land going backwards and forwards. They tried to fix this in Shogun 2 by 'funneling' the AI and basically making corridors between cities with the terrain. TW:WH is a mix of this + huge move range. I agree with you in a perfect world, but considering we will never have perfect AI I think this is an ok compromise to create an at least somewhat challenging campaign experience.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
New Empire lord hint?
dl4wiqeyy6j31.jpg

Dev forum post: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2465183/#Comment_2465183
Hey Everyone! I can see you're itching for some Warhammer news.

While I can't say much, I can say that we'll be sharing some info a little later this week so there's not long to wait now. Hang in there!

I know a prior hint mentioned "old friends." I am not seeing the connection, unless CA is referring to two different DLC.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Mr Boris and the whole new empire faction I guess
Hmm on the second thought Id say it’s more about Lustria and free companies.

tabacila

Augur
People are saying it's probably Markus Wulfhart since he's got that whole hunter thing going for him.
The 'old friends' was related to their free content updates, so it's probably something else since this seems to be a hint about paid DLC.
Anyways seems like The Empire might be finally getting some sort of overhaul.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Mr Boris and the whole new empire faction I guess
Hmm on the second thought Id say it’s more about Lustria and free companies.

Seems strange to reference Lustria in an Empire update, but I guess could be new faction + free rework of 'old empire'. If they dont rework Empire I think there will be a riot as its one of the most requested.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Could be an excuse to add content that would appear in both Mortal Empires and the Vortex campaign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom