Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

tabacila

Augur
There was a statement on reddit recently, that BM will not be looked at for a LONG TIME. Its pretty obvious they will be working on hordes for TW:WH3 chaos factions (and maybe Ogres as hordes, or semi horde?), so to be honest I dont mind if BM are done after that. I am happy to wait if they get massive overhaul to their campaign.

Missed that bit on info on reddit. Was it from CA or just someone speculating?

I'm OK with waiting honestly. Hell if they're gonna implement some extra mega cool new features in WH3 I would have waited for an Empire update till then. The big combined map from the third game is the end goal of this whole thing imo. Let's just hope they actually do some code optimization for those end turn times.

Parabalus

Arcane
zm9xii7muzk31.png

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

I'm OK with waiting honestly. Hell if they're gonna implement some extra mega cool new features in WH3 I would have waited for an Empire update till then. The big combined map from the third game is the end goal of this whole thing imo. Let's just hope they actually do some code optimization for those end turn times.

Its here on the official forum: link, about halfway down that thread.

They are just saying ALL races will get looked at eventually, but specifically in reply to a question on WE and BM. I see no reason they would not rework them eventually, but yea I am pretty sure its gonna be a long wait.

I agree that the 'real' game is TW:WH3 with the combined mega campaign and its worth waiting for, should be fucking glorious if they do it properly. But I dunno how they are gonna fix the end turn problem, aside from cutting the map down to ludicrous size. Tbh the new world section is already probably to small in Mortal Empires, but it doesnt bother me as I rarely play on that side of the map.

Parabalus

Arcane

Its here on the official forum: link, about halfway down that thread.

They are just saying ALL races will get looked at eventually, but specifically in reply to a question on WE and BM. I see no reason they would not rework them eventually, but yea I am pretty sure its gonna be a long wait.

I agree that the 'real' game is TW:WH3 with the combined mega campaign and its worth waiting for, should be fucking glorious if they do it properly. But I dunno how they are gonna fix the end turn problem, aside from cutting the map down to ludicrous size. Tbh the new world section is already probably to small in Mortal Empires, but it doesnt bother me as I rarely play on that side of the map.

The ME map probably won't get much bigger than we already have

kn2si45idabv.jpg

They'll fill up the empty space to the right, and that's likely it.

tabacila

Augur
The unused sections from Mortal Empires are probably enough to get the WH3 races into a big combined map. You get a squished version of the Darklands and the edge of the Mountains of Mourn in. This means Ogre Kingdoms and Chaos Dwarfs. Other two races are probably going to be Chaos Daemons as hordes and Kislev.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Ogres could also be horde, would make sense looking at that map, having the majority of WH3 factions as horde.

I do wonder how they will handle chaos lands, I would love to have a 'secondary' map that is chaos realm and lets you fight over wacky chaos towns and terrain and convert the land to your god. Obviously thats very unlikely to happen.

I can see Kislev only as dlc

I don't think so. Each addition in the trilogy so far had at least one 'good guy' faction (Empire, high elves, etc). They're usually the most played factions in the warhammer trilogy so far. Not to mention Kislev is too important in warhammer fantasy fluff to be a DLC, and there's no other factions to fulfill that role.

Beggar

Cipher
September 11. Soon... :bunkertime:

Decided to read books while loading in and out of the battle / ending my turn. 132 battles and 2 finished books already. You can suck up 100 pages a day while playing a game in the background. Or... reading in the background :deathclaw:

Hello friends, I have a question. Does anyone here prefer Warhammer 1 over Warhammer 2?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I don't think so. Each addition in the trilogy so far had at least one 'good guy' faction (Empire, high elves, etc). They're usually the most played factions in the warhammer trilogy so far. Not to mention Kislev is too important in warhammer fantasy fluff to be a DLC, and there's no other factions to fulfill that role.
Aw, I didn’t know Kislev is so important for WHF. I thought they’re just fancy slavic guys.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Aw, I didn’t know Kislev is so important for WHF. I thought they’re just fancy slavic guys.

Yes they were always a minor thing in TT game but, as rBP said, they are the only token good guy faction that makes sense for WH3, so I am sure they will be auto include.

Me, I dont care so much, though it could be fun to have some slav boys for variety. The faction that I am most excited for is the Ogre Kingdoms!

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Hello friends, I have a question. Does anyone here prefer Warhammer 1 over Warhammer 2?
I actually love both. But definitely love the old world more. I just want it to get more polish and definition. It’s a good sign it’s not forgotten.
Yes they were always a minor thing in TT game but, as rBP said, they are the only token good guy faction that makes sense for WH3, so I am sure they will be auto include.
I’ve heard once the assumption that tw3 gonna be chaos related representing different branches of chaos gods. That sounds quite probable.

Citizen

Bros I somehow drank myself into buying a full pack of warhammer 1 on sale some time ago, and I don't know if it's worth playing alone, or I better be buying the second one for a true experience(tm)?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Play the first one first to see if you like it, then the second one. The second one is basically a glorified, full price expansion pack to the first that's more well supported because CA are cunts who don't care that you bought the first game and wants you to blow money on the second game. Which is never more than 50% off. Because cunts.
Yes, I am annoyed.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Play the first one first to see if you like it, then the second one. The second one is basically a glorified, full price expansion pack to the first that's more well supported because CA are cunts who don't care that you bought the first game and wants you to blow money on the second game. Which is never more than 50% off. Because cunts.
Yes, I am annoyed.

Lets forget all the FREE updates to the old world factions in game 1, eg. empire update coming out tomorrow, oh wait thats right 'hur dur company is evil cos they make DLC'...

Anyway its a giant fucking game and you will easily get your monies worth playing it.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yes, I am annoyed.

Lets forget all the FREE updates to the old world factions in game 1, eg. empire update coming out tomorrow, oh wait thats right 'hur dur company is evil cos they make DLC'...

Anyway its a giant fucking game and you will easily get your monies worth playing it.

Which you need to buy the second game to get, even though they are factions from the first game.
Its only a giant fucking game if you have both Warhammer 1 and 2. Which is why I consider 2 to be an expansion pack.

zapotec

Liturgist
I wonder if the cracked version (it should not have denuvo right?) is a little faster than the "legit" one, or it's just a myth that denuvo slow down the games?

Parabalus

Arcane
Yes, I am annoyed.

WH2 is much better than WH1, I played the former first, and the improvements make the latter unplayable.

Absolutely buy WH2 instead of 1 if you're only buying one.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
The second game now also has empire faction. Markus Wulfhart colonial campaign to eradicate the lizards.

In general I feel that WH2 (especially when combined with WH1) is a tremendous game. I rarely find games that I enjoy anymore but this I can still sink 100s of hours into. This game is underrated on the codex imho.

The sheer variety of factions, the cool units with great animations and the roleplay potential make it a great game. The AI has also improved quite a bit since the beginning, though obviously it doesn’t come close to a human player.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom