Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Danikas

Arcane

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
CTT is way better and you can add whatever mod you want on top instead of using that bloated SFO crap. But I guess its easier to just install one mod.

Morkar Left

The SFO mod is the one who is not really lore friendly right?

And all this mega overhaul mods always come with shit you don't like and the n you start to download submods to counter that shit plus additional mods you would like to have plus ofd the compatibility mods for the overhaul. Might as well just download and combine the mods you like. But the constant updating really takes it toll for modding it seems...

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Beastmen is easily the worst.

TK is the best race pack IMO, the lord packs are all worth it if you're gonna play that faction.

WoC doesn't have mandatory war until Archaon showed up, probably VC was at war with Kislev (and Moulder), so when WoC mopped them up they got massive friendship points.

From my experience WE sits tight for 100ish turns, and only moves out after that, try ending them sooner.
Can’t agree about beastmen. Had great fun playing them. They have some really distinct battle style: aggressive and fast. No defensive formations, just quick charge and flanking, lot of micro. Slaughtering pathetic Empire soldiers with massive charge was especially satisfying. One of my favorite factions overall.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Beastmen is easily the worst.

TK is the best race pack IMO, the lord packs are all worth it if you're gonna play that faction.

WoC doesn't have mandatory war until Archaon showed up, probably VC was at war with Kislev (and Moulder), so when WoC mopped them up they got massive friendship points.

From my experience WE sits tight for 100ish turns, and only moves out after that, try ending them sooner.
Can’t agree about beastmen. Had great fun playing them. They have some really distinct battle style: aggressive and fast. No defensive formations, just quick charge and flanking, lot of micro. Slaughtering pathetic Empire soldiers with massive charge was especially satisfying. One of my favorite factions overall.
Until they nerfed Gorebulls.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i liked empire armies in call of warhammer mod,closed ranks halbdiers backed up with greatswords and grand artillery batteries at the back with some knights and pistoliers for backup.
all the elector count armies had 3-4 different versions of vanilla units that made them distinct,loved playing ostland with its unique halbediers/arquebusiers/knights.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
How are you supposed to use guns? I tried using checkerboard formations, but I found that the AI still finds its way into my gun line and ties everything up.
I still tend to win, but I take a lot of casualties, and I have a lot of problem against hordes as they just go through the gaps in the checkerboard.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
uRh1OA0.png

when i had guns (as with undead pirates) i used them as first line, after all they retreat automatically if the enemy comes too close, and while they retreat my other troops come forward, or the enemy just smashes onto them, then guns are used to fire on cavalry or mop up stragglers/disengagers if somehow they kept formation. minimal micro required.

Danikas

Arcane

At last.

I honestly cant play this game without Sfo and Dryrain's reskins.

Zombies by Ca.
mcxqh82hzzkd.png

Zombies reskinned.
J3bI36j.png

And those new elector units Ca added with the empire patch are so low effort that it boggles the mind.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
I know about that guide, but how do you use it for dwarfs? They don't have cavalry and don't respond that well to sudden threats.
It also doesn't mention artillery.

You can just run full ranged stack (- lord/heroes), you don't need to respond to threats if you shoot everything before it comes close :positive:.

A bit boring, but as dawi you gotta wait for the enemy to come to you, unlike with other races, so it doesn't feel as bad.

Just tried the CTT mod.
Random chance that your artillery blows up?
Fuck that, you can keep your table top rules.
Back to SFO it is.
Commence butthurt Dex!

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Wiping out the Wood Elves to such a point that only the Oak of Ages is left is oddly satisfying.
That'll teach them for not being isolationists and overrunning Estalia and Bretonnia for no fucking reason.
I don't know how it is in Warhammer 2, but the Wood Elf AI is stupidly aggressive. They're like the game's version of Ghandi.

If you are playing Carcassonne you pretty much need to wipe them out and take lightning strike, otherwise they'll keep making full stacks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom