Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

tsiforb

Learned
Patron
Is any of the TWWH1 dlc worth picking up?

lol, Wurrzag's army has 45% phys resist to start and have scrap upgrades to get +30% missile resist. 75% resistance to physical missiles (eventually 80%) for an entire horde of angry rampaging savage orcs. Also Wurrzag is probably the most overpowered caster in the game, I think they mixed up the price decreases for Foot of Gork because the un-overcasted version is way too cheap at only 6 winds. Its incredibly abusable combined with the fact that Wurrzag himself deletes all enemy magic resistance. He's seriously up there next to Lord Kroak with how he can throw around massive AoE AP damage like candy.

Chaos, Beastmen and Wood Elves are pretty shit factions in campaign right now. Rest is to taste. Of course play it all in WH2, WH1 DLC is only for unlocking the stuff in WH2.

Ialda

Learned
Doing Grom now, and his campaign is much better than Eltrharion's.

Doing endless ingredient permutations to discover missing recipes like some kind of medieval culinary kabbalist is dumb, though.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

If you like that particular faction then YES!

As above, Wood Elves, Beastmen and Chaos Warriors are very bare bones as they were the earliest race packs, but if you love those factions from TT still worth grabbing on a sale. As with Paradox games I would just wishlist all the DLC and grab them when they are cheap. CA have a decent track record of going back and fixing older races. BM, WE and WoC unfortunately are in a weird place as CA at one time stated they will not do "DLC for DLC", but they have also said that ALL races from WH:1 will get fixed up at some point so make of that what you will.

Danikas

Arcane
Weapon strength buffs are hardly game critical.
Sure thing brother

"Yeah, just did a test, Incendiary dragon mage with sword of khaine has around 2k weapon damage, still hit 300hp per strike."

"The unit cards say there is an increase, but it is not actually applied in terms of the damage they deal when landing a hit.
So yes, essentially the unit cards are outright lying, and all weapon strength skills, abilities, traits, and items don't work. You could have the sword of khaine at max level and deadly onslaught active, but you'll still only be hitting as hard as your base (completely unmodified) weapon strength."

All those Greenskin upgrades that give Weapon strength increase you can put them into the trash bin for now :lol: but there is more

"Nice find dude. Some of us are still distracted by several other more immediately obvious bugs...like Marauder Chieftans getting the a skilltree for the wrong faction and losing two of it's best mounts...

...or Brettonia raiding itself in front of you

...or a greatly increased lag spikes since the patch"

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So? They don't work for the AI either. Or in MP. Not like one side gets a massive advantage there.

I do wonder how they managed to switch skill trees on a character though. I guess someone will make a hot fix long before CA reacts.

E: Also weapon strength upgrades for orcs were shit anyway compared to armor or perfect vigor or anti-x buffs

The +25% weapon strength bonus for trolls upgrade was pretty nice, you could get some more from the lord. But yeah, in general its kind of easy to miss. MA/MD are way, way more important 90% of the time. For campaigns only the Sword of Khaine is really big enough to be noticably absent (I did notice that Grom with it wasn't doing much damage in duels but I assumed it was because he has really poor animations for 1v1 combat). In MP I suppose it affects lord duels but not much else.

Gonna put that +50% phys resist -50% weapon damage item on my lords in my Imrik campaign.

Honestly the bug where you can't change army stances unless you click within 0.1s before it closes is more annoying. How all these random shitty issues get into a patch is mindboggling. Their code base must be complete shit, which is no surprise given how modding the game looks.

Olinser

Savant
The +25% weapon strength bonus for trolls upgrade was pretty nice, you could get some more from the lord. But yeah, in general its kind of easy to miss. MA/MD are way, way more important 90% of the time. For campaigns only the Sword of Khaine is really big enough to be noticably absent (I did notice that Grom with it wasn't doing much damage in duels but I assumed it was because he has really poor animations for 1v1 combat). In MP I suppose it affects lord duels but not much else.

Gonna put that +50% phys resist -50% weapon damage item on my lords in my Imrik campaign.

Honestly the bug where you can't change army stances unless you click within 0.1s before it closes is more annoying. How all these random shitty issues get into a patch is mindboggling. Their code base must be complete shit, which is no surprise given how modding the game looks.

Really depends. Some races it's hugely impactful - Orcs in particular rely a lot on weapon strength buffs in replacement of MA/MD, their higher tier guys really rely upon having low defense and killing things in 1 shot before they can kill them back.

Honestly though I hadn't noticed it myself, I'll admit, mainly because I'm trying to finish off the final achievements and beat Vampire Count ME on VH right now. After that only have Norsca and Orks left for 100% acheivements.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I take back what I said about the Naggarythe campaign, at least somewhat. The initial turns are very easy but now it's me vs Malekith and the druchii just. Keep. Coming. Holy shit. It's mostly trash units but the sheer number is an issue.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Took me 70 turns to contain the flood. You have fun out there :hero:

But now there is truly NOT ONE DRUCHII ON NAGARYTHE. Which is why I'm now stomping through Hexoatl. 3 turns ago he had 18 cities. Since then I wiped 5. Now he has 21.

jews_image14.jpg

A horse of course

Lol CA is fucking hopeless another dlc another game breaking bug

:mixedemotions:

Ironically, the TW r*ddit was actually quite rowdy prior to Warhammer, frequently complaining about nickel-and-dime DLC such as Blood Packs and WoC. Sometime during WH1 it completely flipped round and turned into the biggest den of CA bootlickers on the internet. It's 80% shitty unfunny meme spam, 10% complaints/game discussion buried by die-hard shills defending every single thing CA do, and 10% CAN WE JUST TAKE A MOMENT TO ACKNOWLEDGE HOW MEAN AND UNFAIR THE COMMUNITY IS BEING TO CA, PLEASE LET ME LICK YOUR FEET GRACE.

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
If you plan on playing a given race on VH/Legendary - then you should probably get the corresponding lord pack. New high tier units and Regiments of Renown are very helpful.
This isn't a Paradox game - you can definitely play without the DLC, but the packs are still worth it IMO. New stuff is always well modeled, voiced etc.
New factions and lord mechanics can be hit or miss, but you can still play the old lords with new units and RoR.

i gave a try to the horde lizard, it's been sort of fun playing wack-a-mole along the whole continent, and the whole army of beefed up giant crocs is very autosolve-friendly, then after an eternity of this i killed my last target, -well, it's been fun -here's this battle where you're outnumbered 10 to 1.
norfleet would be proud of this.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lol CA is fucking hopeless another dlc another game breaking bug

:mixedemotions:

Ironically, the TW r*ddit was actually quite rowdy prior to Warhammer, frequently complaining about nickel-and-dime DLC such as Blood Packs and WoC. Sometime during WH1 it completely flipped round and turned into the biggest den of CA bootlickers on the internet. It's 80% shitty unfunny meme spam, 10% complaints/game discussion buried by die-hard shills defending every single thing CA do, and 10% CAN WE JUST TAKE A MOMENT TO ACKNOWLEDGE HOW MEAN AND UNFAIR THE COMMUNITY IS BEING TO CA, PLEASE LET ME LICK YOUR FEET GRACE.

But they also handled the game much better than some of the previous TW:
The factions are way more distinct than the samurai reskins of STW2.
It is probable their(SEGA) nickle and dime schemes have backfired (it seems that the latter Company of Heroes 2 DLC have been more reasonable than the "commander packs" from the beginning) .

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
While stomping through Hexoatl with 3 rituals still to go, I realised I could just as well forget the stupid vortex race and wipe the major powers instead.

Mors and Pestilens had already been wiped by someone else, I wiped Morathi, Malekith was left with some confederated shitholes from Hag Graef (that kept getting progressively wiped by ritual interventions lol), and Hexoatl was in the process of getting partitioned between me, Exiles of Nehek and Wulfhart's expedition.

This only left Kroq who had obviously conquered his entire half of Africa. However, the other half was conquered by Khemri. And I had very good relations with all of Ulthuan.

So after some clever bribery, Africa is now a fuckhueg battle royal involving me, Kroq, Tiktaqto, Tyrion, Alarielle, some other minor chuj elf and Khemri. I find this very amusing.

It was also p. funny how the remnants of Niggarond were holed up in Fortress of Dong, apparently evading the wrath of what was literally the entire world that was at war with them. When I got there, the city was defended by a battered garrison of Malekith, Crone Hellebron and Lokhir Fellheart + a shitton of bolt throwers, which altogether provided much more impressive resistance than I'd expected. But at this point my absolutely disgusting army of 20 shadow justice walkers, missile chariots and dragons is simply unbeatable r00fles.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Vortex sucks in its execution, the final battle though is neat at least. And the endings being grimdark no matter what is fun.

Neroon

Novice
Question from someone who is considering buying TWW2: How are it's system requirements compared to TWW1?
By using low graphics settings I could still run that one quite nicely, but don't have much in the way of "spare" capacity.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
202005311317051.jpg

After wiping Kroq, it turned out that to win domination I had to BOTH wipe the major facshuns AND secure 50 provinces. Shieeeeeeet, I thought this was "or" not "and" :neveraskedforthis:

Fortunately, with all my allies I had a total of 47 provinces. So it was only a question of getting a military alliance with another sucker, or colonising a few leftover ruins. Turned out I still lacked an alliance with Teclis. He was a little reluctant at first, but a bribe of 176 thousand gold crowns made him see reason.

And with this done, I can safely uninstall this game in peace. Because it's not a game, it's a fucking drug. It's not even particularly amazing, but it's so ridiculously addictive that I don't wanna have anything to do with it anymore. I got it in mid-April and since then I've been going at it like stupid, over the course of 1.5 months I clocked 137 hours of playtime FFS.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Question from someone who is considering buying TWW2: How are it's system requirements compared to TWW1?
By using low graphics settings I could still run that one quite nicely, but don't have much in the way of "spare" capacity.

I can't say much about the system requirements my system ran both smoothly, but if you own TW1 and 2, you can play the Mortal Realms map which needs a lot of power because of the map size / number of factions.

Neroon

Novice

I can't say much about the system requirements my system ran both smoothly, but if you own TW1 and 2, you can play the Mortal Realms map which needs a lot of power because of the map size / number of factions.
I have 16GB RAM, just a weak graphics card. So the number of factions and map size shouldn't be an issue. I was more wondering about, whether the actual battles would require more graphics power.

going on a hunch, you probably have a better card than i do, so don't worry. the real killers are loading times (even with an excellent ssd) and turn times on mortal map, which some patches ago could take even 2-3 minutes but they've been improved by some later patch but i don't know by how much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom