Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Total War: Warhammer's existence leaked

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
This deserves its own topic I guess.

Disgruntled

Savant
Im hanging on to hope that they have learnt their lessons from the Rome 2 abomination. It's too late for Attila but Warhammer could see serious reforms make it in from the foundations. Alien Isolation proved that the talent is still there if the management can use it.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
One of the reforms they should undergo is making their engine 64-bit exclusive. That alone would fix tons of technical issues. Rome 2 was a simply too big game crammed into a 2GB memory footprint.
Ck2 is much bigger and complex, tracking many more variables. Seeing that the battles are a discreet element in the total war games, it's feasible to make the games bigger and more complex even on more limited memory resources.

Problem is... CA can't code for shit, it's all presentation and glued together systems.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I more meant about how they did rethink things for Empire: Total War...which ended being a disaster and one they kept on repeating over and over, even when going back to Rome which really got fucked because of the engine which has no collision (Not even going into the glitches).

I'd like to think it won't be the same engine...I'd really like that...
But Shogun 2 was excellent in tactical battles.

Well assuming you fought another person. The AI couldn't really handle it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom